Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-24-2012, 01:21 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Crazy Machines Golden Gears (by Viva Media LLC) - Universal

I just started playing this and it seems pretty good. The controls work well on my iPad and the game runs smoothly. There are plenty of parts to use in building your "challenge" solutions.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This is a bull sh*t game. Don't buy. You need to purchase additional 'gears' if you wish to play all levels!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
This is a bull sh*t game. Don't buy. You need to purchase additional 'gears' if you wish to play all levels!
I am not sure if that is the case yet. You get enough gears up,front to play the majority of the levels. If you earn points additional gears along the way, I think all,levels can be unlocked without needing to buy anything else. For the current sale price of a dollar, there is plenty if value here whether you can unlock all of the levels or not.

The game does very little hand holding. After the first level, which is already built, you are thrown new challenges without much in the way of help. The physics engine seems to be very good and the game runs and controls well.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I am not sure if that is the case yet. You get enough gears up,front to play the majority of the levels. If you earn points additional gears along the way, I think all,levels can be unlocked without needing to buy anything else. For the current sale price of a dollar, there is plenty if value here whether you can unlock all of the levels or not.

The game does very little hand holding. After the first level, which is already built, you are thrown new challenges without much in the way of help. The physics engine seems to be very good and the game runs and controls well.
How much of gears do you start with? 50k? On Android you only started with 12k.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I believe it is 100K. The android app is free, I believe, and uses a different pay model.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I believe it is 100K. The android app is free, I believe, and uses a different pay model.
Well, that sucks. Android is free yeah, to begin with, but then you have to pay 2.99 to get 50k gears and remove ads.

Anyway, does the game even have gears? what purpose does it serve? It means eventually you have to buy the additional levels when they're released.

Anyway, I didnt like the game. It is worse than badpiggies/amazingalex in the sense that the puzzles are too vague.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:54 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

i just hope they can change the name shown on iDevices. Crazy...Gears is just not that good.