Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2012, 01:54 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and tell you now so you're not too disappointed... The door doesn't quite open in the current build... We're furiously building out the presentation and mechanics that unlock with the door opening, but I think you're gonna beat us there! Didn't expect such dedicated players like you!

Do you have any favorite of the dragon designs?
Old 12-22-2012, 04:36 AM
iPhone 4

Oh really? Well, I have been slowing down play for awhile so maybe I won't unlock all the dragons unless I'm really close already. That and increased cost, I probably hatch a dragon every one and a half to two days compared to one or two a day before. Oddly enough, I was a lot more addicted when I was supposed to be studying for exams. Maybe that's just the procrastinator in me. Haha. Regardless, I'm sure whatever you guys come up with will be worth the wait.

As for favourite designs, I like Hairy Fangscreech and Dragon the Fool because they look like more of the traditional evil dragons. But I also really love Thorfinn the Silly and Murk the Jenky because they're so quirky and weird, which is wonderful.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:18 AM

It definitely gets expensive up in the 20's. We're working on adding some kind of coin multiplier for having same color treasures and dream treasures on a dragon to help with that!

The names in the game are actually randomly generated and I forgot we don't have dragon "type" or "species" visible to the player (Working on that too!). What do they look like?
Old 12-23-2012, 06:26 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwagner View Post
It definitely gets expensive up in the 20's. We're working on adding some kind of coin multiplier for having same color treasures and dream treasures on a dragon to help with that!

The names in the game are actually randomly generated and I forgot we don't have dragon "type" or "species" visible to the player (Working on that too!). What do they look like?
A coin multiplier for dream treasures is a fantastic idea. I think it'll give players more reason to grind up a dream item through fusions. Any eta on the next update?

Oh really? I would have never known. Some of the names made sense, but a few others made me wonder why they were named that. Haha. I like the red firey dragon, purple dragon with bat wings, the yellow dog dragon, and my personal favourite has to be the purple dragon with a moustache and monocle.

I have two bugs to report. During fusions, I was able to fuse a lvl 5 item with a lvl 6 item, but it resulted in a lvl 6 item. And I'm also able to equip two of the same items by clicking an item and swapping it with an item in the hoard.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 PM

Yeah the monocle guy (Distinguished Dragon) is one of my favorite too. We also want to let players rename their dragons or re-roll a random name til they get one they like.

We'll probably submit the next build the first week of Jan. Might be a bit of a wait in submission as there could be a backlog from the Apple holiday shut down... But the big changes there will be a new Quest system where you can have more than one quest at the same time and Guilds! For starters Guilds will be just for gifting, but we hope to add in more functionality if players like and use them.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:50 AM
iPhone 4

Oh wow. I wasn't expecting to be at the limit of dragons so soon! My last two dragons were the green fruit dragon and the purple gargoyle dragon which I really enjoy both designs.

I was just wondering, do items max out at lvl 10? I'm planning to fuse dream items for dragons as I figure a maxed out dream item would net more than a rare item like "The Precious" (love that reference by the way). I'd also like to be able to sort items in the fusion menu much like everywhere else in the game.

Can't wait for that update early next year. Hopefully it'll bring a lot more users once you guys go live in the U.S., especially on this forum. It's funny that it's basically only me and you talking back and forth for 4 pages! I feel that if you had a few screenshots on the first post it will garner some more interest in this game. The art itself is worth playing the game.

P.S. Merry Christmas to you and the guys at Eastside Games!

Last edited by xbtran; 12-25-2012 at 08:45 AM..
Old 12-27-2012, 12:54 PM

Merry Christmas!

Our artist is busy today working on Dragon designs, but there's also gonna be a new feature when we put in more dragons! The idea being that once you get to 24 dragons to make room for a new dragon you have to level up one of your dragons to level ten, and have a certain number of hearts (ie: needs good treasure) then you can send him to "Valhalla" or "Dragon Paradise" still working on the phrasing, where your dragons are super happy and start producing coins without having to manage them. Then you can buy a new dragon in its spot!

We're trying to avoid the bloat and workload that I personally led me to stop playing Tiny Tower... I got to 100 floors and it was starting to feel like work...

But it's a lot of work to get it in there, so bear with us! Hoping to have new dragons and "Valhalla" in for late January.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I don't understand this game at all
Old 12-27-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Any word on US release?
Going for end of January! Feverishly working away!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewhy View Post
I don't understand this game at all
I admit the tutorial has WAAAY too much info in it, that's one of the things we're working on once we get our new quest system in.

How far did you get into the tutorial?