★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-28-2012, 07:35 AM
Off topic- will you remove openfeint from all the hook games soon? It doesn't work anymore .
12-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Hey guys, love PunchQuest and I wanted to tell you! I've been playing for a while now and lurking here for a few weeks off and on. I'm currently ranked around 59th overall so it's not exceptional, but not too shabby either!

I have an idea for the game, and it's a little retarded because I'm not a developer and I really have no idea what goes into it, but I think it's cool!

There are so many ways to customize play now that are, I think, underused. I think it would be fun to have challenges based on different combinations of abilities. I would like to see vague challenges that you kind of have to figure out. For example, there'd be a "Long Flight" challenge. You would have to figure out that if you combine Flying Fist with Hyper Fighting, you can coast through the air for 5+ seconds which would be the condition for winning. Or an "Air Mirror" challenge where you use Ki Blast and Flying Turtle to reflect a certain number of fireballs in the air.

Now these are super easy examples because they're combinations of different levels of powers. That means anyone can get them pretty much anytime very easily. Maybe they can be tier 1 challenges. What gets more interesting is the tier 2 challenges when you have multiple level 1's and 2's. Then you could have a "Raging Bull" challenge where you equip Ragevenge and Bull Rush, but the condition to win it is you have to get hit, but then do your rush so that your Ragevenge explodes while you're a bull. You could even have fun with including hats. A "Staying Alive" challenge would mean you have to both Discocut and Discodunk X-number of times while wearing the Afro hair and The Stache facial hair.

After a while, of course, there would be a list online of how to do it, but it would be a lot fun to try to figure out which combinations of powers to use. Maybe a challenge every week or something. We don't really need more Punchos as a reward, maybe additional Idols can be rewarded or body tattoos can be added.

I like the idea because it's similar to the challenges now. I like those because they force me to use other powers. Honestly, if I never HAD to change powers to finish challenges, I hardly ever would and the game would get boring fast. Constantly changing keeps it interesting, which these additional challenges would also do!

Incidentally, I would also love to see more general challenges based on the available powers for the same reasons I just mentioned. Discocut x-number of Skull Squid. Knuckle Circle x-number of enemies.

Ahhh. Now that I've written it down, hopefully that means it will no longer be rattling around my head!

12-29-2012, 03:51 PM
10.000 punchos for gnome ascension?! REALLY? To hell with your new update!

P.S. : Seriously DO NOT download the latest update without grinding all the skills and some ultra hats. New mod is neat but not even nearly an excuse for reducing Gnome Gods to a "fistfull" of money!
12-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Dear Kepa or Madgarden

I'm currently using super slayin hair and that's awesome.

BUT! If I could resemble Sho NUFF and have the red glow during my tier 3 move. That would be incredible!

I know it's a stretch, but i'm number one in the rankings!
Pleeeease!! haha

Last edited by XcomboX; 12-29-2012 at 07:01 PM.
12-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcomboX View Post
I'm currently using super slayin hair and that's awesome.

BUT! If I could resemble Sho NUFF and have the red glow during my tier 3 move. That would be incredible!

I know it's a stretch, but i'm number one in the rankings!
Pleeeease!! haha
Ultra Skullcracker will give you a red glow.

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
12-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madgarden View Post
Ultra Skullcracker will give you a red glow.
But who uses skull cracker Madgarden??
Not winners ill tell you that!! Ha
The glow can't be put in clothes?
Like the super saiyan hair?
12-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Custom glow colour... sounds like a new 1,000,000 PUNCHOS item...

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
12-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Custom glow colour... sounds like a new 1,000,000 PUNCHOS item...
Good god what have I done...
12-30-2012, 10:22 AM
So, planning to add two new playable characters. Who/what would you like to punch stuff with?

12-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
So, planning to add two new playable characters. Who/what would you like to punch stuff with?
I'd vote for Lexi from Mage Gauntlet, and either Whitebeard (because he's a wizard; I mean c'mon) or one of the orcs from MG (for a twisted, heart-wrenching story of madness and betrayal)