Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

So did they fix the strategy where you can just use a shield generator in between two rocket launcher units (the second unit you unlock in the game, I forget the name) and dominate? That was one of my issues with the first game, because that strategy was unstoppable
Old 12-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrobotix View Post
So did they fix the strategy where you can just use a shield generator in between two rocket launcher units (the second unit you unlock in the game, I forget the name) and dominate? That was one of my issues with the first game, because that strategy was unstoppable
Hah yeah, I remember that "exploit"!

Here, I think it becomes necessary to use one of the tanks with heavy armour, but tbh, I have barely used the shield. In fact, even in the first game, I eventually realized that a tank, crawler, crawler was better than a crawler, shield, crawler.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:11 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Here, I think it becomes necessary to use one of the tanks with heavy armour, but tbh, I have barely used the shield. In fact, even in the first game, I eventually realized that a tank, crawler, crawler was better than a crawler, shield, crawler.
In fact a lotta players chose their own squad, so there is no that perfect one. Although, of course there can be really good one, suitable for your tactics and you'll find it superior to others.
Mine always was: upgraded apc, crawler, crawler, supply (upgraded to decoy after it made enough repairs).
thx
Old 12-20-2012, 05:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bitstudios View Post
In fact a lotta players chose their own squad, so there is no that perfect one. Although, of course there can be really good one, suitable for your tactics and you'll find it superior to others.
Mine always was: upgraded apc, crawler, crawler, supply (upgraded to decoy after it made enough repairs).
thx
Thanks for the reply, always glad to hear from a Dev on these forums. Both anomaly games are great, don't get me wrong, but I just hope this one will force me to experiment more with the other units this time around.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default So Excited

I played the crap out of AWE and have been waiting for this game. So very excited right now! Also, just want to say thanks to the devs for making a very good piece of enjoyable software.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Man that last mission is so cheap
Old 12-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomenessprime View Post
Man that last mission is so cheap
Yeah, a bit underwhelming. I actually liked that it started throwing fire on the road, but I was expecting one last twist. No epic boss battle = a tiny bit of disappointment.

Anyway, how did ya find the game on the overall otherwise?

Also, can't help but notice TA didn't put Anomaly Korea in their STrategy Games of 2012 list!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:34 AM

Loved the first one like this one.
Squad assault was more my thing than the new extra missions which are more like puzzle levels.

Also I hope the dev considers redesigning the last mission, killing the main core after the 3 shield generator was laughable easy on advanced difficulty.
Will start on hardcore difficulty tomorrow.

But despite my critic still a fantastic game ghat everybody should get.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chk1975 View Post
Squad assault was more my thing than the new extra missions which are more like puzzle levels.
Couldn't agree more with that statement there, bro! Indeed, the Art of War is very puzzle like....SA was just full on carnage all around!

Also I do hope they look into redesigning the last part of the last level, or have an additional last level epic boss battle in an update later on.

Also, did you hear the snippit where it says there will be more to come? Anomaly _ next? I am guessing Anomaly Brazil...
Old 12-25-2012, 05:09 PM

I'm really enjoying this game. Not too many changes but the gameplay was already solid. Thank God there's subtitles or else I wouldn't be able to understand the Korean lady. Verrrry thick accent and a verrrrrry good game. I just hope it moves up in the charts. It's been in disappointing spots since its release.