Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Brrobotix Brrobotix is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 1,272
Default

So did they fix the strategy where you can just use a shield generator in between two rocket launcher units (the second unit you unlock in the game, I forget the name) and dominate? That was one of my issues with the first game, because that strategy was unstoppable
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-20-2012, 03:34 PM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrobotix View Post
So did they fix the strategy where you can just use a shield generator in between two rocket launcher units (the second unit you unlock in the game, I forget the name) and dominate? That was one of my issues with the first game, because that strategy was unstoppable
Hah yeah, I remember that "exploit"!

Here, I think it becomes necessary to use one of the tanks with heavy armour, but tbh, I have barely used the shield. In fact, even in the first game, I eventually realized that a tank, crawler, crawler was better than a crawler, shield, crawler.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-20-2012, 04:11 PM
11bitstudios 11bitstudios is offline
Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Here, I think it becomes necessary to use one of the tanks with heavy armour, but tbh, I have barely used the shield. In fact, even in the first game, I eventually realized that a tank, crawler, crawler was better than a crawler, shield, crawler.
In fact a lotta players chose their own squad, so there is no that perfect one. Although, of course there can be really good one, suitable for your tactics and you'll find it superior to others.
Mine always was: upgraded apc, crawler, crawler, supply (upgraded to decoy after it made enough repairs).
thx
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Brrobotix Brrobotix is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bitstudios View Post
In fact a lotta players chose their own squad, so there is no that perfect one. Although, of course there can be really good one, suitable for your tactics and you'll find it superior to others.
Mine always was: upgraded apc, crawler, crawler, supply (upgraded to decoy after it made enough repairs).
thx
Thanks for the reply, always glad to hear from a Dev on these forums. Both anomaly games are great, don't get me wrong, but I just hope this one will force me to experiment more with the other units this time around.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-20-2012, 06:57 PM
frostcyborg frostcyborg is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Default So Excited

I played the crap out of AWE and have been waiting for this game. So very excited right now! Also, just want to say thanks to the devs for making a very good piece of enjoyable software.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Awesomenessprime Awesomenessprime is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Man that last mission is so cheap
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:20 AM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomenessprime View Post
Man that last mission is so cheap
Yeah, a bit underwhelming. I actually liked that it started throwing fire on the road, but I was expecting one last twist. No epic boss battle = a tiny bit of disappointment.

Anyway, how did ya find the game on the overall otherwise?

Also, can't help but notice TA didn't put Anomaly Korea in their STrategy Games of 2012 list!!!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:34 AM
chk1975 chk1975 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 46
Default

Loved the first one like this one.
Squad assault was more my thing than the new extra missions which are more like puzzle levels.

Also I hope the dev considers redesigning the last mission, killing the main core after the 3 shield generator was laughable easy on advanced difficulty.
Will start on hardcore difficulty tomorrow.

But despite my critic still a fantastic game ghat everybody should get.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 AM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chk1975 View Post
Squad assault was more my thing than the new extra missions which are more like puzzle levels.
Couldn't agree more with that statement there, bro! Indeed, the Art of War is very puzzle like....SA was just full on carnage all around!

Also I do hope they look into redesigning the last part of the last level, or have an additional last level epic boss battle in an update later on.

Also, did you hear the snippit where it says there will be more to come? Anomaly _ next? I am guessing Anomaly Brazil...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-25-2012, 05:09 PM
ImJPaul ImJPaul is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 675
Default

I'm really enjoying this game. Not too many changes but the gameplay was already solid. Thank God there's subtitles or else I wouldn't be able to understand the Korean lady. Verrrry thick accent and a verrrrrry good game. I just hope it moves up in the charts. It's been in disappointing spots since its release.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent