Ravensword: Shadowlands Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Jason821

Jason821 Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Still looking

2. Elite_capi

Elite_capi Member

Apr 18, 2012
    quick upgrades and money

I am having a very hard time gaining xp, money, and levels.
    Could the people that have finished the game so quick (the under 40h club), please give us n00bs advice on how to level up and get $$$ faster?
    As with a few people, I'm having serious difficulty with the Troll cave.
    I get smoked in 2 shots, every time. All help is appreciated.

3. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well, if it helps, I managed to finish the first troll cave at level 5 without a bow, and with the starting equipment. The only thing I brought with me were 5 healing potions. The trick is to only take on ONE troll at a time, and save after killing each one. I tried to only use my healing potions if I absolutely HAD too, and would reload my game if I used too many. I've also maxed out the "Fast Learner" skill which gives you an experience bonus on each enemy you kill. Oh, and be sure to bring along a set of lockpicks for a few nice chests along the way. Good luck!! :D

4. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I found the Goblins first, and they were easier.

Then I farmed them to earn enough for a decent sword and armour. Fast travel there, kill the first three, go into the cave, kill the next four, then fast travel back again to the same area (it allows you to do this) then the Goblins will have respawned. They all drop a little gold, plus a 60 gold shield.

5. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    LOL! Yeah, I've farmed my fair share of goblins as well. :D

6. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Feel kinda dumb asking this but: Food. Can I eat raw food just harvested from boars, deer, etc? Or is that just to sell? Have a ton of it. Thanks!

7. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    This. Took me 10 hrs, but a lot of that time was wasted just wandering around and grinding on orcs. I'm playing again with maximum skill level and it's even more fun, but really challenging took me forever to kill the bandit leader.

8. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Someone could give me advices for fighting with Blade? The blocking keeps receiving damage and I don't know how to parry, also, the best strategy for fighting it's hit n' run, it is the only way?

Also, what's the matter with the skill level for the Blade? My Blade Skill is on 85 and I don't notice any difference

9. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Hey is there a proper way to report bugs?

Also, I just killed the Snow Yeti while I was in The Terraces. The quest says that he's supposed to be found in the White Iron Peaks. Seems like he got lost... that happen to anyone else?

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    There's more than one...

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Don't go by the game clock --- it's completely wrong, by a factor of 1.5 to 2. In any event, the 30 hour estimate was based on no fast travel and finding everything in the game.

12. Dennis Maurer

Dennis Maurer Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Where exactly is the stone or stones? It's extremely difficult to see anything. I've probably died about 50 already. Am ready to give up. Please help!! Thanks so much

13. polhines

polhines Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Ul-thok disappears

I'm also trying to kill ul-thok . He just flies straight up and doesn't come back. Can anybody help? Game is broken for me otherwise.

14. Elite_capi

Elite_capi Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Thanks for the help! Im finally getting though the game. biggest difference was buying a crossbow. levelled up fast after buying it. Anyone else have an issue entering north aven after defeating gulch? I can travel to south aven, but the game consistently crashes when trying to travel north aven. I've shut all apps down, restarted the ipad, re-opened the app, but its still shutting the app down.
    Thanks again, and happy slaying,
    A

15. polhines

polhines Member

Dec 26, 2012
    #55 polhines, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    Use the winds spell to move the boxes around and the jump from box to box to get across.

16. Backudog

Backudog Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Your're in the right place, check the skellington to the right of the chest, by a pillar if i remember correctly?

Also anyone know what levelling up your skills actually does? i see you can train them all up to 140 but what difference does that actually make?

17. Elite_capi

Elite_capi Member

Apr 18, 2012
    FYI,
    If you have trouble entering North Aven (game crashes), abandon all but main quest, and you'll be able to travel to it.

18. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Tips for ravensword

Hi guys incase some does not know yet;
    1. If you want to get money without killing, break boxes and barrells lying around for income
    2. If your game crashes, abandon the tournament or heirloom quest, this will work.

Hope this helps any noobies to the game

19. thelastscene

thelastscene Active Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Barcelona, Spain
    Hi there, guys.

How can I arrange furniture or hang paintings from my home walls?

20. raviadso

raviadso Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Doesn't work. I'm on first quest after freeing the apprentice from the bottle. Have the ore for the other. Destroyed ore and dropped all quests but can't drop main quest. Restarted multiple times and even deleted and reinstalled. Still crashes immediately after loading screen to north aven. For a while I could get in but it'd die as soon as I hit the "menu" button or randomly after seeing the smithy. Now it doesn't make it past loading screen at all but plays fine in that first zone with the boars

On 4S with 5.1.1