Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 PM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
I regret pay for this game, rather pay for more expensive console version which looks lot better than this.
I have both. Though the console version is more polished, I can play it only when I'm at home and in front of the TV. I've appreciated being able to play it on the go as well, especially considering how much of the original console release there is in the iOS version.

For what it's worth, I've never played a single multiplayer game on either platform.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 07-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Silvestris Silvestris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 185
Default

What's the game like on the new ipad?
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Zendorphin Zendorphin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 267
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Default

I have an iPhone 4 but don't even want to sink 99 cents on it if it's going to have issues. Have an iPad 2 also. Are they equally as stable or am I better off with one version?

Last edited by Zendorphin; 07-17-2012 at 10:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Mr. Grizzly Mr. Grizzly is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,363
Default

Do you know if this game was made by Square Enix or later bought out by them? I had purchased both the sd and hd (by accidently clicking on the wrong version and hitting buy!) versions of this game in the past but deleted it because it kept freezing up on my ipad 1. Just viewing it in the app store and it gives me a price not "install" which I normally see for games I have in my account. I also bought the Chaos Ring games on sale and don't see install on them either. Did they change ownership on some of these games? I'd hate to download them again and get charged again.

I'm sure my ipad 3 can handle this game and I would love to try it again (if I have to, I'll buy it again - 99 cents sure beats the original prices of $10 each, if I remember correctly).
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-25-2012, 02:33 PM
metalcasket's Avatar
metalcasket metalcasket is offline
Moderator
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 5,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
Do you know if this game was made by Square Enix or later bought out by them? I had purchased both the sd and hd (by accidently clicking on the wrong version and hitting buy!) versions of this game in the past but deleted it because it kept freezing up on my ipad 1. Just viewing it in the app store and it gives me a price not "install" which I normally see for games I have in my account. I also bought the Chaos Ring games on sale and don't see install on them either. Did they change ownership on some of these games? I'd hate to download them again and get charged again.
They've always been published by Squeenix.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Mr. Grizzly Mr. Grizzly is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,363
Default

I wonder why the app store is showing I need to buy them again (and the Chaos Ring games too)? I know the app store has been stupid since ios6 - I can't even access the purchased apps section of the app stoe without the app crashing since the update.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Mr. Grizzly Mr. Grizzly is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,363
Default

Well, I don't know what's up with the app store, as it is doing the same thing with some other apps that I know I have purchased, such as Pocket Rpg (the original edition, before the iphone edition came out), and when I clicked on buy, it said usual "this update is free because you purchased a previous edition of it). I tried the Hd version of Lara Croft and the same thing happened, so I can play the game now free. It would really suck if the app store stopped indicating what apps we have purchased and then we get charged for the wrong editions of some apps. Would get expensive!
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-25-2012, 05:33 PM
acrotran acrotran is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
Well, I don't know what's up with the app store, as it is doing the same thing with some other apps that I know I have purchased, such as Pocket Rpg (the original edition, before the iphone edition came out), and when I clicked on buy, it said usual "this update is free because you purchased a previous edition of it). I tried the Hd version of Lara Croft and the same thing happened, so I can play the game now free. It would really suck if the app store stopped indicating what apps we have purchased and then we get charged for the wrong editions of some apps. Would get expensive!
Reset your purchase options. Then you will get prompted to confirm each purchase before it goes through.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-25-2012, 05:55 PM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,931
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
I wonder why the app store is showing I need to buy them again (and the Chaos Ring games too)? I know the app store has been stupid since ios6 - I can't even access the purchased apps section of the app stoe without the app crashing since the update.
it's doing this in iTunes on my PC as well... saying that I have NO updates, even though I know damn well I have over 200 apps that NEED to be updated... and every app I've purchased shows 'Buy' instead of 'Downloaded' - hoping it's just a 'down for the end of the year' type problem, and that it'll get fixed by Jan.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-25-2012, 06:03 PM
acrotran acrotran is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 742
Default

I'm having the same problem with Lara Croft HD. iTunes doesn't show me that I've already purchased it. One trick I found - if you are afraid to hit the "Buy" button, you can try to add it to your wish list. If you already bought it, it will then pop up a box to tell you that you already own it.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent