Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #471  
Old 12-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Mr. Grizzly Mr. Grizzly is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,379
Default

Well, I don't know what's up with the app store, as it is doing the same thing with some other apps that I know I have purchased, such as Pocket Rpg (the original edition, before the iphone edition came out), and when I clicked on buy, it said usual "this update is free because you purchased a previous edition of it). I tried the Hd version of Lara Croft and the same thing happened, so I can play the game now free. It would really suck if the app store stopped indicating what apps we have purchased and then we get charged for the wrong editions of some apps. Would get expensive!
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 12-25-2012, 06:33 PM
acrotran acrotran is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
Well, I don't know what's up with the app store, as it is doing the same thing with some other apps that I know I have purchased, such as Pocket Rpg (the original edition, before the iphone edition came out), and when I clicked on buy, it said usual "this update is free because you purchased a previous edition of it). I tried the Hd version of Lara Croft and the same thing happened, so I can play the game now free. It would really suck if the app store stopped indicating what apps we have purchased and then we get charged for the wrong editions of some apps. Would get expensive!
Reset your purchase options. Then you will get prompted to confirm each purchase before it goes through.
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 12-25-2012, 06:55 PM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 13,102
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
I wonder why the app store is showing I need to buy them again (and the Chaos Ring games too)? I know the app store has been stupid since ios6 - I can't even access the purchased apps section of the app stoe without the app crashing since the update.
it's doing this in iTunes on my PC as well... saying that I have NO updates, even though I know damn well I have over 200 apps that NEED to be updated... and every app I've purchased shows 'Buy' instead of 'Downloaded' - hoping it's just a 'down for the end of the year' type problem, and that it'll get fixed by Jan.
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 12-25-2012, 07:03 PM
acrotran acrotran is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 742
Default

I'm having the same problem with Lara Croft HD. iTunes doesn't show me that I've already purchased it. One trick I found - if you are afraid to hit the "Buy" button, you can try to add it to your wish list. If you already bought it, it will then pop up a box to tell you that you already own it.
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 12-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Mr. Grizzly Mr. Grizzly is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,379
Default

I don't have a computer, and my phone/ipad doesn't have a wishlist section as far as I know.

Thanks to those who responded. It could just be part of the app store freeze during the holidays - but I hope I don't get stuck paying more for some tv shows when it won't show me the price for buying the rest of the season that i've been buying indiviually until I get down to the last few bucks to buy the rest of the season (don't have enough space on my devices to buy whole seasons outright).
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 12-25-2012, 08:18 PM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 13,102
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
I don't have a computer, and my phone/ipad doesn't have a wishlist section as far as I know.

Thanks to those who responded. It could just be part of the app store freeze during the holidays - but I hope I don't get stuck paying more for some tv shows when it won't show me the price for buying the rest of the season that i've been buying indiviually until I get down to the last few bucks to buy the rest of the season (don't have enough space on my devices to buy whole seasons outright).
If you REALLY want to make sure on your iDevice, you can try and write a review. Apple will let you if you've purchased the app, and will say that you need to purchase the app in order to write a review if you haven't. The only downside is that this takes a little longer, and if you got the app during a time when reviews were not allowed for apps 'purchased' with promo codes, it will also tell you that you need to purchase before writing a review.
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 12-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Peewhy Peewhy is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 551
Default

the original tomb raiders were fun
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Edmilan Edmilan is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,219
Default

Is the Game Center bug fixed yet? Hope they port one of the console/pc tomb raider games to iOS, like Tomb Raider Anniversary
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 04-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Bronxsta Bronxsta is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,707
Default Is Lara Croft and the Guardians of Light a good game?

First, I have an iPhone 4. How does the game run on that device?

So I recently got the new Tomb Raider and was suprised to see that this game had an IOS port. Is it a faithful port of the console version of Guardians? I saw that the TA review gave a low score but the forum consensus seems pretty positive.

A question about gameplay: the game seems to be a twin-stick shooter but it says there are puzzles and platforming. How does that work? Are the controls good?

Finally, is this worth getting to play single player?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 04-14-2013, 02:51 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
First, I have an iPhone 4. How does the game run on that device?

So I recently got the new Tomb Raider and was suprised to see that this game had an IOS port. Is it a faithful port of the console version of Guardians? I saw that the TA review gave a low score but the forum consensus seems pretty positive.

A question about gameplay: the game seems to be a twin-stick shooter but it says there are puzzles and platforming. How does that work? Are the controls good?

Finally, is this worth getting to play single player?

Thanks

Lara Croft: GoL is, in my opinion, one of the best iOS games ever.
A very faithful port. Check out the LC: GoL thread.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...guardian+light

Last edited by Vovin; 04-14-2013 at 02:53 AM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent