Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-25-2012, 08:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

You're giving away a free copy of a game that's never coming out?

That's going to be interesting
Old 12-25-2012, 10:15 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
You're giving away a free copy of a game that's never coming out?

That's going to be interesting
No, I am not.

Edit:
Everyone else, please see the post below if you want to know about the giveaway and see the new screenshots etc.

Last edited by schplurg; 12-26-2012 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: Dealing with hecklers
Old 12-26-2012, 04:54 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Here it is again

Hello fellow TouchArcadians! Or Arcaders...

Daredevil Dave 2 Update!

Thought I'd toss out a few Daredevil Dave 2 screenshots, as well as a little info (still trying to finalize a title!). This level is only partially built so some things may look weird. Oh, there's a free copy of Daredevil Dave 2 being given away (when available) somewhere in this post! I'll give the winner a copy of the old game too if they don't already have it.

This location will have several different jumps to land, as well as some other tasks you can accomplish as well. Daredevil Dave 2 will give the player more options, unlike the first game. Many MANY more options (this is gonna be so awesome!!!)

Many of the levels in DD2 will have multiple jumps or stunts, as well as secrets, achievements, powerups. You will be able to spend time perfecting each jump without fear of losing the game and starting over (as with the old game).

This view is from the launch ramp. Dave just loves rooftop jumps! Not! As you can see, there is quite a bit going on here. You can jump through the framed building, or over it, or around it even. Most likely, you'll smash into it a few times as well. You can even steer around the ramp and ride right off the building if you want to and see how that goes! You can take Dave anywhere you want in Daredevil Dave 2!

It's a long, painful, bouncing (and even explosive) fall to the ground! Watch those acetylene tanks!

There will be three main jumps to land. Below you can see one of the landing "ramps"...it's the "down ramp" on the roof of the parking garage in the foreground. Haha! (this image is not in-game)

If you're really good you might be able to hit one of the lower parking levels as well by landing a little short. There is no safe landing there, but you may find a good reason to land there anyways when you play

Dave "crashes the party". This will be one of the achievements on this level. We're still working on the explosion effect, mainly replacing the flying "chunks" with better material:

There are many places for Dave to explore - such as the interior of this rooftop penthouse apartment (below)! Unfortunately, exploring often requires crashing. Dave seems a little small for those chairs, hmmm. Free game giveaway for the first person who can tell me who the guy on the big screen TV is!!! Yes, this is a contest! The first correct UNEDITED post in this thread wins.

Still incomplete, but coming along nicely. Remember these are early images. Needs more buildings and better terrain. I'll have to figure out something sneaky to do with that crane too.

I am putting everything I have into this game. Daredevil Dave 2 will be filled to the brim with action, pain, explosions, destruction and general mayhem. And all that without firing a single shot at anything or anyone (in the game of course)!

By the way, if you don't already have Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman! (the first game), check it out HERE! Daredevil Dave is a completely original game! There is nothing else like it on the App Store, or anywhere else for that matter. He is the original motorcycle stuntman on iOS! It's an oldie but a goodie, and still doing fairly well in the App Store!

Any questions are comments are welcome!

Happy Holidays!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Cool thanks for the update. I've got no idea who's on the tv tho?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:00 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I'll go with Michael Chiklis for the guy on the tv...I know it's not but The Shield was quality ;D
Old 12-26-2012, 04:31 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad In The Hole View Post
I'll go with Michael Chiklis for the guy on the tv...I know it's not but The Shield was quality ;D
I guess the bald head is clear to see haha, but no, not Chiklis.

Hint - its not an actor
Old 12-26-2012, 04:33 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
I guess the bald head is clear to see haha, but no, not Chiklis.

Hint - its not an actor
PSY????lol
Old 12-26-2012, 05:46 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
PSY????lol
Nope!

Actually, it's nobody like that. I would probably get sued if I put a celebrity in the game. He isn't very famous, but somehow I think someone will get it right.

Edit:
I'm so out of touch these days, if you would have posted your answer two days earlier I wouldn't even have known to whom you were referring! haha
Old 12-26-2012, 05:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
Nope!

Actually, it's nobody like that. I would probably get sued if I put a celebrity in the game. He isn't very famous, but somehow I think someone will get it right.

Edit:
I'm so out of touch these days, if you would have posted your answer two days earlier I wouldn't even have known to whom you were referring! haha
Is it you?
Just a guess because we don't know what you look like.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:19 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Is it you?
Just a guess because we don't know what you look like.
Well now you know - kind of. Yes, it is me!

DING DING!!! We have a winner!

I needed an image for the TV and decided to have fun with it. I have a realistic looking Uzi squirt gun (try finding one of those these days) and took the photo with the front cam of my phone. Added a backdrop and some shadows on my face.

So, as promised, you will receive a free copy of Dave 2 (when it is released), plus the original Daredevil Dave if you don't already have it.

I gave out promos like this for the old game as well - before it was released I mean. Don't believe the naysayers ...Dave is coming along fine and will be released. I had to put the new game aside about a year ago because of other projects and other issues. I am working on it full time now (as in morning until bedtime).

Send me a PM and let me know how you want the codes sent to you (PM or email). I have a list of all previous winners, in fact here they are:

MidianGTX (answered the "hit the cow" question)

Java (only if I add an aardvark somewhere in the game haha)

DannyTheElite (TV question)

I thought there were more actually? Am I missing anyone? It would have happened in this thread.

New contest idea
. There will probably be other TV's in the game, and billboards. Maybe I could have a contest and people can design their own TV screen and the winners could have them put into the game. Would anybody be interested in something like that?