Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl View Post
Completed Temple of Time earlier. I noticed all the doors that I had previously missed in my haste, and thus re-equipped my Knight.
Heh. I have actually made it all the way to the Lute the first time through, but I was out of high-level healing and expected an epic boss fight, so I chickened out and teleported away. Well, the joke was on me, heh. On my return I found the one treasure room that I missed the first time through, though.

This ignominious retreat led me to finding the Catacombs and their gear, however, which provided much needed upgrades. No Gugnir drop, sadly, but I didn't really expect it.

I am ahead of you now - got the Earth Crystal. And since I couldn't find the Legendary Smith despite all the scouring of the landscape and couldn't figure out how the quest was activated, I looked it up. So, now, I guess I'll try 2 split end runs:

one at character level 44 with Dragoon (level 42), Devout, Ninja (both level 5) and Geomancer (level 73) currently at the entrance to the Ancient's Maze and without the Legendary Smith items.

And one with Dragoon, Devout, Red Mage and Summoner at whatever levels they will be once I finish the Legendary Smith stuff, with the Red Mage hopefully attaining mastery.

I will still be able to load the other save after I finish the game, right?

Anyway, I am continuing to love this game. There could have been a bit more side-quest stuff, perhaps, and airship controls are a bit annoying, but on the whole it is really great.

I am debating whether to pick TWEWY or FF IV before the sale ends and kind of inclining towards TWEWY. I already got FF Tactics. What has your experience been with FFIV?

Last edited by Isilel; 12-26-2012 at 11:54 AM..