★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: World, now Belgium
Posts: 3,031
Game looks fun fun fun. ... But my saved games are gone no matter what I read here and try to do. Sure some manage, I do not. Waste of money and waste of a nice game for such a silly thing.

Ps: it does look really good on iPad.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
04-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Joined: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,241
On sale for $1.99! I'm surprised I hadn't heard of this game before, but it looks pretty fun!

Playing Now: You Must Build A Boat, Marvel Future Fight, Hero Emblems
Waiting For: I Am Bread, The Executive
GameCenter: -jjj-

04-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
I just picked it up, having never heard of it before, and only played it for a few minutes, but seems like it could be a good one.

I would certainly hope by now that the save issue discussed over the past few pages was fixed.
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I just picked it up, having never heard of it before, and only played it for a few minutes, but seems like it could be a good one.

I would certainly hope by now that the save issue discussed over the past few pages was fixed.
Well, it hasn't been updated since then, so, no, it hasn't been fixed. Apparently my fix (which works for me every single time) doesn't seem to work for some folks, so I would say buyer beware at this point.

Which is too bad. After getting bored to tears by Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS (with its interminable and banal cut scenes and dialogue), I really came to appreciate the much-tighter way this game implemented the Tales action RPG formula. Save issues are, unfortunately, a deal breaker when it comes to RPGs.
04-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Well, it hasn't been updated since then, so, no, it hasn't been fixed. Apparently my fix (which works for me every single time) doesn't seem to work for some folks, so I would say buyer beware at this point.

Which is too bad. After getting bored to tears by Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS (with its interminable and banal cut scenes and dialogue), I really came to appreciate the much-tighter way this game implemented the Tales action RPG formula. Save issues are, unfortunately, a deal breaker when it comes to RPGs.
Hope that's not the case. I did exit via the main menu, but just went back into the game and both my auto save and manual save were there and both worked.

You'd think the reviews on the App Store would be far worse if this was still a major issue (at least I hope). Looks like the game was last update on January 12th and complaints in the thread were mostly before that.

Well, fingers crossed....seems like a good game. Just will be quite upset if saves don't work properly (especially in a supposedly 20 hour game!).
12-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Wow was a find. I was made aware of this game through the "Hidden Gems" thread and based on the gameplay video/reading the last 12 pages I am definitely planning on downloading this one soon.

Hopefully others see this and purchase it because a hypothetical sequel is in the balance here!!

Last edited by LanceAvion; 12-04-2012 at 01:55 AM.
12-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Is the save bug still here or no? Was seeing this from the hidden gem page like the battling reminds me of the tale games
12-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Is the save bug still here or no? Was seeing this from the hidden gem page like the battling reminds me of the tale games
^This?^

I'm definitely getting into some delicious iOS RPG-ing, but lost saves in an RPG? Yeah, you know.

DBC

I give up.
12-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
^This?^

I'm definitely getting into some delicious iOS RPG-ing, but lost saves in an RPG? Yeah, you know.

DBC
Yea seen there was a bug dealing with saves being lost but some don't have that problem so I'm on the fence
12-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,443
The last time Osiris Legends was last updated was Janurary 10, 2012 so I assume the save bug remains.

Edit: Users were reporting lost saves on Janurary 11 and 12 so that quirk definitely went unresolved.