Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Steve do you have an iPhone?

I was thinking if so, you have my email address and can add me on iMessage? That way you can let me only when you want to play (I only need about a minutes notice) but also it might make communicating during play easier.

I always seem to be hanging around in the lobby then your invite comes in, or vice verse.

Although its great to see last few days there have been new players in the lobby so it's less of a struggle to get a game.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:38 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

@Mark: just played your challenge.
"Score 40 in campaign" means level 40, right?
I am past that already, but did not get a confirmation message or anything after finishing the game.
And it did not help with updating GC, I am still stuck at lvl43 there.
I even changed my GC username, to see if that updates it, but apparently not.

If anyone of you checks the campaign leaderboard, do you see me as Null/Zone, or as Sheinfell? This might give a hint if anything on GC updates for me currently.

I remember having had a similar problem a good while ago, then with the PvP score. It did not update for a few days, after at first flawlessly updating after every match.

But now it is almost two weeks, and it looks like a bug to me.

Hhmm, sidethought: might this be related to the GC match connections I have sometimes, as in having a common root cause? It happened a few times that an automatch got done, but then got stuck at various points (automatch screen with "connecting" message, with the board not populated, and either only my username, or no username at all showing).

@Cat: Using iMessage is a good idea Will have to setup another email account (sigh! another...) to use it, as my iPad is WiFi only, and I don't want to use my normal one for that.

@Goblins: Is it possible without setting up your own server (=using GC) to add an ingame lobby: a place where people who wait for an automatch can chat?

Last edited by Sheinfell; 12-27-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 04:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lechatcurieux View Post
Steve do you have an iPhone?
No, sorry. I don't have a cell phone at all here
Old 12-27-2012, 04:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
If anyone of you checks the campaign leaderboard, do you see me as Null/Zone, or as Sheinfell? This might give a hint if anything on GC updates for me currently.
Sheinfell, I've passed on your queries to Mike, but sounds like GC is confused. You show as "Null Zone" by the way.

Steve@ThreeGoblins
Old 12-27-2012, 04:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Sheinfell, I have lightning-fast responses for you:

Challenges : We don't support or use those. Mark said he pressed it by accident as he didn't know what it did

Chat Lobby : possible but not anytime soon.

GC level : Mike pondering the matter.

Steve @ 3Goblins
Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

We are headed for a small update as soon as we can. This is mainly to deal with Game Center misbehaving.
The App size also needs to be made smaller so we've had it on a strict diet over the holidays!

There will be a handful of very basic amendments to a few cards, these being most likely:

Heart of Darkness -1 cost
Accursed -1 cost
Dark Secrets -1 cost
Taken Under : +1 cost
Skeleton Crew : will be improved a bit to grab better stuff
Triton Waveriders: -1 ability cost
Shimmershoal : will get same ability as Triton Waveriders

Nothing big, just thought I should let you know. We do not plan to have regular changes to cards as this annoys people , especially me

And to keep our resident Cat happy, a certain AI Deck has had a goblin pick-axe taken to it.

Steve @ ThreeGoblins
Old 12-28-2012, 04:13 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve at ThreeGoblins View Post
We are headed for a small update as soon as we can. This is mainly to deal with Game Center misbehaving.
Hi Steve, thanks alot for the quick replies, much appreciated.
And the update sounds good, you guys do amazing work.

Quote:
Challenges : We don't support or use those. Mark said he pressed it by accident as he didn't know what it did
Well, now he knows

Quote:
Chat Lobby : possible but not anytime soon.
No rush, there is more important stuff.

Quote:
GC level : Mike pondering the matter.
Good luck to Mike, take care that his head doesn't explode

Raising the cost for "Taken Under" by 1:
Quite needed I guess, as the "Lost / Taken Under" combo is brutal. Well, will have to come up with another strategy; makes for a good challenge.

Might I suggest to add a timer to the "Accursed" card as well?
And I disagree with making it cheaper than the 4 it costs now.
It is extremely powerful, and most other cards that do similar nasty stuff (e.g. Psychic Vortex, Narrow Tunnels) also have a timer. With the cost lowered to 3, and no timer, it will most likely become the new "Taken Under" card.
Hhmm, one fiendish way around this could be to make it affect both players, like Psychic Vortex does. In this case, you might not even need the timer, and a cost of 3 could be okay too.

Quote:
And to keep our resident Cat happy, a certain AI Deck has had a goblin pick-axe taken to it.
"You do not want to make the Cat angry" (movie quote, guess which one? Hhmm, she should get her own card, how about that? Some bad kitty in dusty boots... ) . No idea which AI deck you talk about, but none of them are difficult to win against. But whatever keeps the Cat happy
Old 12-28-2012, 04:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

The App size also needs to be made smaller so we've had it on a strict diet over the holidays!

There will be a handful of very basic amendments to a few cards, these being most likely:

Heart of Darkness -1 cost
Accursed -1 cost
Dark Secrets -1 cost
Taken Under : +1 cost
Skeleton Crew : will be improved a bit to grab better stuff
Triton Waveriders: -1 ability cost
Shimmershoal : will get same ability as Triton Waveriders

Well that's me buggered haha. And Mike the goblin, the lost/taken under is his signature.

And okay, I'll say it, I don't want to, but I agree about the accursed being too cheap at 3 cost. I feel genuinely bad laying that damn card and there's always a massive pause while you know your opponent is thinking 'oh nuts....what do I discard!!'

Also, many a time I have two accursed in my deck, so it's feasible I could lay 2 in one turn. That's savage!

It's a good idea to have the accursed affect both players...I SUPPOSE!! Maybe that's a new card in itself for a future deck though. The timer is a fair option, same as narrow tunnels now have, they were a little bit of an unfair advantage before.

Sheinfell, I think I was moaning about Bloodfire peaks which had all the smegmapheres and natural growths....waiting for the animation each turn was tedious.

And, if its the last thing I do, I most certainly WILL get my own card. I have no idea how, but I WILL. I don't know what character though, Fairies are lame, goblins are (eek...sorry guys) ugly. I already know what my special power will be but need to figure out how it would fit into a faction theme.

Why don't you design a card too? Your style of play is similar to Steve....BIG heavy hitters that like clubbing things over the head.

Mark Goblin, I will design his card. It is called 'Death by 1000 papercuts'. It's an item that spits out random papercuts and nips the ass of random cards each turn. It will cost 3 to play.

I have spoken!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:45 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Sorry, I'm in a stupid mood today. Friday and all that
Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
And Mike the goblin, the lost/taken under is his signature.
Who's signature? Mike's or mine's? Sorry, confused here.
Have to give credit here to graymane48. I played him like a dozen times in a row (yes, he got alot of his 54 points score from me), with different decks, and he totally curbstomped me every time with the Lost/TU combination. The deck I mainly use now is modeled after his actually, with some modifications for my playstyle.

"Accursed" card:
I did not manage to get more than 2 out against the AI yet, so question:
What happens when you play 3 or 4, and get your opponent below a zero card hand?

Quote:
Sheinfell, I think I was moaning about Bloodfire peaks which had all the smegmapheres and natural growths....waiting for the animation each turn was tedious.
Agree, alot of animation cards were a bit of a hassle. Good thing we can turn them off now to speed up things

Quote:
And, if its the last thing I do, I most certainly WILL get my own card.
You need a cat card, of course! Go watch "Puss in Boots" for inspiration. On my version, there is a bonus short movie with 3 little kitties, something like them would be a fun card, too.

Quote:
Why don't you design a card too? Your style of play is similar to Steve....BIG heavy hitters that like clubbing things over the head.
That was just the style that fit me best so far. I am already experimenting with a few new approaches, but with TakenUnder still being 3points, nothing beats my current deck in terms of speed and nastiness. Wait and see...

Quote:
Mark Goblin, I will design his card. It is called 'Death by 1000 papercuts'. It's an item that spits out random papercuts and nips the ass of random cards each turn. It will cost 3 to play.
Hhmm, how about a Paper(cut) Golem?
Serious, all 3 of you goblins should have your own card.
From your logo: The middle goblin is "Superior Thinking", something like "gives back 2 power when activated" . The painter on the right could be alot of things; from "paint your own monster by numbers" (allows you to draw a - random(?) - monster from your deck), to "my colors!" (taking over an enemy minion) . Only for the left one I do not have a good idea at the moment, mainly because I cannot clearly see what he is holding (is it a laptop?).