★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

12-27-2012, 03:40 PM
The developer will release the game whenever they feel like it.

You're welcome to post a comment about that (which you've already done) but there's no need to post multiple messages about it. The various posts have been removed.

řƹȡ1
12-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
@JBRUU,
In average 15 hours. It will possibly take you more or less depending how good you are solving complex puzzles/riddles. :P
Almost every element of the level design behaves randomly except for progression items (keys, puzzle items, main quests). Enemies spawn in different places and sometimes they don't even spawn at all and it makes the experience very unique every time you start a new game. All elements are serialized, which means that even if some enemies spawns randomly, once you kill it, it won't spawn anymore. But the fact is that sometimes killing foes triggers others foes somewhere else. It's a complex linked random behavior which makes enemies unpredictable. That's only for the spawning part. Their behaviors also are hard to pattern, as their inner states also have some sort randomness which make them hard to predict what they will do.
We are also thinking in adding in a future update a mode where everything including key progression elements will be random. For example, you find the master key in the lounge room but the next time you start a new game, that same item will be somewhere else (kind of Arrange mode of RE1). Even the clues that gives you hints where that item can be will be on a different place. But yeah, not for the first version of the game, version 1.1 or an other major update.
We also happy to announce continuous support and updates to FM after it releases, in form of extra episodes, characters and other fun stuff. We going to support it for a long time.
So it´s like, everytime you play, and it does not need to be a new game, things will always be diferent, or like you said, impredictable, wich is awesome, not only for enemies but for puzzles too.
And you guys are going to support updates with extra episodes, chars and all.. seriously, I cant say how thankful I am, cant wait the release now XD

12-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Tato, you said the second video was coming in January. That leaves the implication that the first video is coming this month, right...?

Last edited by JBRUU; 12-27-2012 at 09:11 PM.
12-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Tato already said earlier that they'd make a video by the end of this month and btw give a release date!! It's almost there so we jst have to keep hoping until then we will be very soon fixed So please Idgeian let's not start this "this tread has been on the go for way too long now" stuff again!!
12-29-2012, 01:18 AM
@JBRUU,
The first video will come next week, hopefully before January 1 so doubters, trolls and troublemakers won't get feed.
The second one i don't have an exact date because we are currently fixing some stuff before making them public, you know, we are trying to avoid feed trolls once again. But i can tell you it will come in January.
[B]

Last edited by Red1; 12-29-2012 at 03:16 PM.
12-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujumafon View Post
So it´s like, everytime you play, and it does not need to be a new game, things will always be diferent, or like you said, impredictable, wich is awesome, not only for enemies but for puzzles too.
And you guys are going to support updates with extra episodes, chars and all.. seriously, I cant say how thankful I am, cant wait the release now XD
Not a new game, while playing! Monster behaviors, spawn possibility, spawn locations always get's randomized but they still get serialized (ex if you kill that buddy it won't spawn again). Killing monsters also triggers others spawning events. They are also linking to primary and secondary quests. I mean, that's just some examples of our complex spawning system. The arrange mode (item/puzzles/riddles locations randomized) will come as an update.
12-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
@Whiteplayer,
If we release the game now, it would be an incomplete unoptimized game that you won't be able to play on your iPod4. I guess you don't want that happen.
So support 4G is not definitive at all, right?

My dream is Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) for iOS...
12-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Not a new game, while playing! Monster behaviors, spawn possibility, spawn locations always get's randomized but they still get serialized (ex if you kill that buddy it won't spawn again). Killing monsters also triggers others spawning events. They are also linking to primary and secondary quests. I mean, that's just some examples of our complex spawning system. The arrange mode (item/puzzles/riddles locations randomized) will come as an update.
That's awesome. One thing really grates on me with iOS games is that enemies will spawn exactly the same place at exactly the same time, and always act the same. Look forward greatly to that vid!
12-29-2012, 11:07 AM
I had no hope of acquiring this iPad any time soon, so I basically ignored this game, cuz I didn't even want to hear its awesome news, cuz I figured i wouldn't be able to get it.

Now that I got this thing, I'm pretty excited for the release.
12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Will there be a sequel called "Recalled Memories"?