Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old 12-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Bankai44 Bankai44 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: With your mom
Posts: 559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Nope, its entirely optional. I remember getting more than enough loot and gold but I havent finished it since before it was updated. Tried the new controls though and they are fantastic, surely worthy of a secnd playthrough.
Ditto.

Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 12-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Amenbrother Amenbrother is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,201
Default

Man I wish this game had more loot than the shields and weapons! Can you guys imagine being able to loot head, shoulder, belt and hand pieces!
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Cilo Cilo is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
Okay, I saw in one of TA's best of 2012 list. It is downloading now, and while it it I was wondering if anybody could tell me wether it is IAP centric? Do you need to pay IAP to have fun, or is it completely optional?
Like I said on the previous page, I paid for zero IAP and felt no need for it at all.
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Psac42 Psac42 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
Okay, I saw in one of TA's best of 2012 list. It is downloading now, and while it it I was wondering if anybody could tell me wether it is IAP centric? Do you need to pay IAP to have fun, or is it completely optional?
Totally optional. The game strikes the balance perfectly between too easy and too hard, and I did have to restart an area after dieing a number of times, but not too many to be frustrating at all, and that was totally without any IAP.
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Scary Guns Scary Guns is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psac42 View Post
Totally optional. The game strikes the balance perfectly between too easy and too hard, and I did have to restart an area after dieing a number of times, but not too many to be frustrating at all, and that was totally without any IAP.
I just got this game yesterday. I am currently at the beginning of act 4 and did not realize there were difficulty modes so I have been playing on default. Game seems pretty easy and I have not purchased any new weapons and have been saving $$. What is the highest class of colour for weapons, purple? Is there any secrets within this game or is it pretty linear?
Why is it every time I access the vendor from the menu the weapons and shields sold always change?
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Kotovsky Kotovsky is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 299
Default

Hey devs, can we have touch to run and buttons for specials?
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Myrobotwillneverdie Myrobotwillneverdie is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SEPDX
Posts: 487
Default

Can anyone tell me what's up with the "areas" that you can go into that aren't the next chapter/act? They are filled with monsters that are way more powerful and I can't even take one on let alone the 2 or 3 that swarm me. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Paul202 Paul202 is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 1,143
Default

Hey guys is it better to buy a powerful weapon or to upgrade a weapon that you already have? What are some good weapons to buy?
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Scary Guns Scary Guns is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrobotwillneverdie View Post
Can anyone tell me what's up with the "areas" that you can go into that aren't the next chapter/act? They are filled with monsters that are way more powerful and I can't even take one on let alone the 2 or 3 that swarm me. Thanks!!
Those are special areas and you can get a few good equipment from there. You need the best equipment to go in there and do a lot of hit and run.
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Scary Guns Scary Guns is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
Hey guys is it better to buy a powerful weapon or to upgrade a weapon that you already have? What are some good weapons to buy?
I didn't buy any weapon throughout the whole game. I purchased when I beat the game lol, I just bought the most powerful shield and weapon. Game seems so easy even on warchief once you have those weapons.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent