★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-30-2012, 02:36 AM
Hmm. Satan wouldn't make sooo much sense.
Storywise and given that he's a pay char.
12-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
It actually makes sense that you get more if you pay more... Doesnt it?

Story-wise, the game is twisted as it is so i wont be surprised if they pull a curveball on this one.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

12-30-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
Yea, that is true indeed. From the official description:

* Purchasing the game allows you to play all stages through to completion.

I think there is no more to see. But I can be very wrong. One of my New Year's resolution will be to beat Satan with Satan.
01-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
but still playing Astoroths Track 1 is considerably harder than the Track 2 bosses.
I ended up playing as Default for Track1 and Astaroth (and later Dantalion) for Track2 for Hard Mode.

I really do like Dantalion, as her outfit's not entirely outrageous, her voice is alright, and her Track1 is mellow-tetchy (though I do have trouble placing her beats; wanna say I did end up just sticking with her through the rest of Hard's T1s). Astaroth is similar, but she's a bit grandiose, even in tune.

ANYWAY, any headway on if there's a secret ending? Even at max level, I'm intimidated against using Serenity (and I'll prolly hold off on Satan's IAP until the next DLC sale; still debating Azazel, as he's the only other >$1 demon I haven't bought).
01-03-2013, 04:24 AM
I just bought everything (it's worth it) and i didnt find fighting Satan as difficult as i expected, but i did miss too much.

I like Satan's beats though... Wait... That doesnt sound right.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Last week or so, I booted up Hard Mode...to find myself at the first track for Astaroth. Now, see, I'm preeeety sure I haven't slogged back through that, so unless Free Mode can somehow allow you to jump around in Story Mode, either I'm senile, or...

Thought: Defeating Astaroth (and possibly the rest of Hard Mode) as Serenity, foregoing the Demons' Score, will change how you approach the final stage. This considering Astaroth and David's remarks about Serenity's use of it.

I really rather doubt it, but if there IS an alternate ending, associating it to the default character would allow a player to see it without buying IAPs, and the inclusion of the better-defended Asmodeus could help to obscure it, especially with how hard Satan can be even using Astaroth or Dantalion.

Any of you already tried the above?

Last edited by TJF588; 01-27-2013 at 10:11 PM.
01-26-2013, 11:38 AM
How long does it take to beat on all difficulties? I want to buy all the inapp purchases before the sale ends but there's no way to do it without progressing through the game. I also wondered if save data from someone else's game could give me access to buy everything.
01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2011 View Post
How long does it take to beat on all difficulties? I want to buy all the inapp purchases before the sale ends but there's no way to do it without progressing through the game. I also wondered if save data from someone else's game could give me access to buy everything.
Give or take 3 to 5 hours to complete easy, medium and hard, some may require a few retires before you can get through it, but most dont.

01-26-2013, 02:36 PM
thanks!
01-27-2013, 10:09 PM
The sale's been changed to the app only. The prices on the IAP are now their permanent prices (barring another sale). So no need to rush. If you want confirmation, check the Square Enix Members site.