App description: ----------
DEMONS SCORE End of Service

We are sad to announce that all service for DEMONS SCORE will come to an end on September 17, 2014. This also means that in-app purchasing will no longer be available.

Although the game will not function properly on iOS 8, it will remain playable on devices running iOS 7.1.2 or a previous version. Please note that the game will no longer be available for download after September 18. Any players wishing to delete the game from their device are therefore encouraged to backup their data before doing so.

We thank you very much for playing DEMONS SCORE, and hope that you continue to enjoy it.
----------

===
Get ready for off-the-hook break beat action. Surrender to the rhythm and tap like hell. Brave furious battles that combine stunning graphics and amazing background music!

* Purchasing the game allows you to play all stages through to completion.
* The basic game also comes with the powers and costume of the first demon, Asmodeus.

At the start of the game, you fight as Serenity herself, without any possessing demons. You can unlock the first demon, Asmodeus, by defeating him. Once unlocked, Asmodeus is available to possess Serenity. Her looks, personality, parameters, and other abilities will change based on the possessing demon, as will the game's music. After the first demon, you can make a pact with additional demons by defeating them. Once a pact is in place, you have the option of having the demon possess Serenity for a small fee.

Story

Where are you, Dad?

Salem, Massachusetts
Present day
Serenity is just your average college girl, but when she suddenly loses contact with her father Dr. Aleister, she sets out to find him at the Salem State Hospital & Asylum where he works.

Serenity arrives to finds she barely recognizes the hospital anymore. Stepping warily into the shattered ruins, she meets a talking teddy bear.

Introducing himself as David, the talking teddy bear claims to have once been human, but when Serenity asks him about her fathers whereabouts, countless demons suddenly appear.

Just before her father disappeared, he had sent a mysterious app to her smartphone.

Known as the Demons' Score, the app is a powerful program that enables her to take control of demons that possess her body.

Where has her father gone? How will she ever find him? And whats up with that talking teddy bear? Serenitys battle to the tune of Hells minions is about to begin.

Game Features

Stunning graphics driven by the Unreal Engine.
Satan's difficulty level soared up!
With severe survival conditions, you can enjoy the game even more stoically.
Helpful items are also available in case you get stuck.

Enjoy two game modes: Story Mode and Free Mode.
Select the difficulty level you want to play. Easy, Normal, and Hard are available, but to enjoy the entire story, you have to... (You'll just have play to find out!)
Your scores in Free Mode can be sent to the online rankings at the Game Center.
Saved data can be synced with iCloud.
* Your Soul Eaters (a special item) are not stored on iCloud.
* You must be running iOS 5.0 or later to use iCloud.

Try to completely conquer each stage by gaining the powers of Hell!

Compatible Operating Systems and Devices
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPod touch (4th generation or later)
iPad 2
iPad (3rd generation)
*The devices OS version must be 4.3 or later.
*This app is a universal binary.

Supported Languages
Subtitles/Text: English, French, Spanish
Voice: English

Echoseven's comments:

01-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
but still playing Astoroths Track 1 is considerably harder than the Track 2 bosses.
I ended up playing as Default for Track1 and Astaroth (and later Dantalion) for Track2 for Hard Mode.

I really do like Dantalion, as her outfit's not entirely outrageous, her voice is alright, and her Track1 is mellow-tetchy (though I do have trouble placing her beats; wanna say I did end up just sticking with her through the rest of Hard's T1s). Astaroth is similar, but she's a bit grandiose, even in tune.

ANYWAY, any headway on if there's a secret ending? Even at max level, I'm intimidated against using Serenity (and I'll prolly hold off on Satan's IAP until the next DLC sale; still debating Azazel, as he's the only other >$1 demon I haven't bought).
01-03-2013, 04:24 AM
I just bought everything (it's worth it) and i didnt find fighting Satan as difficult as i expected, but i did miss too much.

I like Satan's beats though... Wait... That doesnt sound right.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Last week or so, I booted up Hard Mode...to find myself at the first track for Astaroth. Now, see, I'm preeeety sure I haven't slogged back through that, so unless Free Mode can somehow allow you to jump around in Story Mode, either I'm senile, or...

Thought: Defeating Astaroth (and possibly the rest of Hard Mode) as Serenity, foregoing the Demons' Score, will change how you approach the final stage. This considering Astaroth and David's remarks about Serenity's use of it.

I really rather doubt it, but if there IS an alternate ending, associating it to the default character would allow a player to see it without buying IAPs, and the inclusion of the better-defended Asmodeus could help to obscure it, especially with how hard Satan can be even using Astaroth or Dantalion.

Any of you already tried the above?

Last edited by TJF588; 01-27-2013 at 10:11 PM.
01-26-2013, 11:38 AM
How long does it take to beat on all difficulties? I want to buy all the inapp purchases before the sale ends but there's no way to do it without progressing through the game. I also wondered if save data from someone else's game could give me access to buy everything.
01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2011 View Post
How long does it take to beat on all difficulties? I want to buy all the inapp purchases before the sale ends but there's no way to do it without progressing through the game. I also wondered if save data from someone else's game could give me access to buy everything.
Give or take 3 to 5 hours to complete easy, medium and hard, some may require a few retires before you can get through it, but most dont.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-26-2013, 02:36 PM
thanks!
01-27-2013, 10:09 PM
The sale's been changed to the app only. The prices on the IAP are now their permanent prices (barring another sale). So no need to rush. If you want confirmation, check the Square Enix Members site.
01-28-2013, 02:46 AM
Any tips on how to tackle hard mode?
Because I am getting slaughtered!
Do I have to grind up to max level first or do I have to buy IAP? Whats the secret here?
01-28-2013, 04:13 PM
I ended up getting nearly to max level (likely thanks in part to playing Beelzebub's Track1) before going into Hard Mode. I posted what I used a page or two back, but in short I ended up using one of two IAP characters for their defense stats: Astaroth (who you can buy by now) and Dantalion (around mid-way through Hard Mode). IIRC, Eligos has the next best defense rating, but his Track1 has been a bit tricky for me.

If the tips are right (I'm too preoccupied during the stage to check), you lose HP for anything /but/ Critical hits in Hard Mode. My best suggestion may be to hit the triggers at all, to minimize damage. The worst for that has got to be the little energy balls that you have to tap out of the air (first seen in Asmodeus's Track2); still haven't worked out a pattern on them.

Too bad that DS doesn't have a recap of the moments before you died, unlike iNiS's previous Elite Beat Agents. In that title, though, it came down to me becoming proficient in whatever segments I got up to, progressively becoming reflexive until I manage to clear the song. Unfortunately, that means not becoming too good at the very end of any song. Makes me long for Guitar Hero's practice modes or somesuch.
01-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Ok thanks for the tips. So basically my best bet is to grind some more until I hit max HP and then use Astaroth on hard mode and until know her track inside out?