★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2012 has been a particularly fantastic year for ports, what's your favorite?

12-17-2012, 10:06 AM
The Last Express imo the best point and click style game ever made and it's just as good on iOS.

The World Ends With You may well tie with it, as that's an amazing game too, but I've not played the iOS version so can't comment on how well it's been ported.

Baldur's Gate is a close runner up.

I don't count The Walking Dead as a port since it came out at more or less the same time as other platforms, so it's more just a multi-format release.
12-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblrsa View Post
A Sharps "King of Dragon Pass", MDickies "Wrestling Revolution Pro" and Trilobytes "The 7th Guest". I think those games speak for themselves.

Would kill to see "Master Of Orion" ported. I'll buy "Baldurs Gate" as soon as it arrives on the Mac App Store, as I dont own an iPad.
Good selection!

12-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Walking Dead is the best.

Pine Entertainment
12-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Bloons TD 5
12-30-2012, 01:57 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
Shadow Warrior. I'm really surprised at how much fun I'm having with it.
12-30-2012, 02:48 AM
I think bard's tale came out last year. If it was this year I'd have to say it would be in the running.

Mutant Mudds and Bastion are my favourites. There have been other ports of games that range from good (ff4, metal slugs) to ok (lunar SSS).
iOS introduced me to mutant mudds, which is a great game, and Bastion. Bastion is my personal game of the year. I really enjoyed the old Zelda's and Seiken Densetsu's. They are still some of my favourite games of all time. Bastion was a new experience that drew me in like those games in their times.
I feel almost bad choosing a port as my goty. In my opinion, no iOS original stands near it.
RPG of the year would have to go to a port as well. Just my opinion again, nothing stands beside ff4 or twewy.
A very good year for ports.
12-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
I think bard's tale came out last year. If it was this year I'd have to say it would be in the running.

Mutant Mudds and Bastion are my favourites. There have been other ports of games that range from good (ff4, metal slugs) to ok (lunar SSS).
iOS introduced me to mutant mudds, which is a great game, and Bastion. Bastion is my personal game of the year. I really enjoyed the old Zelda's and Seiken Densetsu's. They are still some of my favourite games of all time. Bastion was a new experience that drew me in like those games in their times.
I feel almost bad choosing a port as my goty. In my opinion, no iOS original stands near it.
RPG of the year would have to go to a port as well. Just my opinion again, nothing stands beside ff4 or twewy.
A very good year for ports.
^Sweet post. Totally agree.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-05-2013, 03:25 AM
Not sure if Junk Jack was part of 2012, but it's becoming my favorite. that and Walking Dead
01-05-2013, 10:35 AM
The Walking Dead, Organ Trail, Bastion and Crazy Taxi for me. CT surprised me as the ios version works even better than the gamecube version I own.

Raiden Legacy was a great port too, all in all a great year for ports on ios.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
01-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Battle Academy
King of Dragon Pass
The Walking Dead
Bastion

All of the above are fantastic ports. Thinking about getting FFIV, been hearing great things about it, but I played the heck out of the old SNES version waaay back in the day.

Current games: Ascension, Drive on Moscow, Panzer Corps
Best of: Rogue Touch, Dungeon Raid, KoDP, BotB
Waiting for: El Alamein, Galactic Keep, FTL
GC: Emos