Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-23-2012, 10:33 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltrabbit View Post
I consider Glu games a marathon rather than a sprint. I played GB about 10-15 minutes every day or so for months, never paid a dime, downloaded a lot commercials and was able to get maxed out gear.

Glu games are "hamster wheels." Spending money only shortens the length of time you spend on it.

GB2 will be a day one download for me. I may for once put a few dollars in a bundle to say thanks for the two games.
Same, I hit their games up and see what I can do, enjoy it for a bit, score a few achievements, then move on. I usually give them a 99cent iap purchase, for the time I was playing. Nothing more though.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 AM

Default Gun Bros 2 - (by Glu Games Inc.)[Universal][Canada]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 09-24-2012, 07:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yeah.. I enjoy this one especially the "rides" So far ive seen only the missile tank, but I assume there will be other vehicles to use.

Also, im loving the variety in the weapons properties, but unfortunately, one always deals the most damage. Id prefer it if there were different weapon classes, but are balanced somewhat. Most newer weapons are unlocked as you play through the game.

Graphics are good, and they are an improvement to the first style, IMO. Also, you cant buy armors any more... Which comes to my next favorite thing in this game... LOOTS. Yup. loots come in form of armors, xp and coins. I havent seen weapons as loot yet, and i dont think they will be. But im still liking this new loot system a lot.

I hope this ends up being balanced in terms of grinding vs IAP. Cant wait til v1.x comes out.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:55 PM

Worried on the lack of news the past 3 months. Enough new (Loot!) that I've been looking forward to this. I like the theme here better than Minigore (which is still a great series).

I'm still waiting on this and Heroes of Might & Magic.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I never see the point of posts like this. If you said why then it could be helpful for others to decide whether to pick the game up or not.
Exactly ! If you dont like Glu games then stay away from Glu threads, i hate wrestling so i dont post in threads about wrestling games.

Had a quick look at the video, i do love games like this but cant stand 'waves', if it was a mission, eg point a to point b i would love this but just waves and waves over and over hmmm, not sure. I'll give it a go as it'll be free but would love this to be mission based than wave based.

Over the years i LOVE Commando/Ikari Warriors/Mercs/Chaos Engine style games, just not keen on waves.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltrabbit View Post
I consider Glu games a marathon rather than a sprint. I played GB about 10-15 minutes every day or so for months, never paid a dime, downloaded a lot commercials and was able to get maxed out gear.

Glu games are "hamster wheels." Spending money only shortens the length of time you spend on it.

GB2 will be a day one download for me. I may for once put a few dollars in a bundle to say thanks for the two games.
People like you are screwing up the gaming scene for those of us who'd like fully premium games, not some freemium crap.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
People like you are screwing up the gaming scene for those of us who'd like fully premium games, not some freemium crap.
So you never play freemium games ? You listed Heroes Call as one of your freemium games of the year ?!?

To be fair people like him arent screwing up the gaming scene, people who play freemium games and then buy lots of IAP's are the ones doing that as more and more companies will release freemium games hoping those users keep buying stuff
Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 PM

To date, I have only paid one time for any game after trying it free ($3.99 unlock on Triple Town). No IAPs.

I only want to pay if it improves gameplay. I'm not going to pay to shift numbers and color swap my avatar.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
So you never play freemium games ? You listed Heroes Call as one of your freemium games of the year ?!?

To be fair people like him arent screwing up the gaming scene, people who play freemium games and then buy lots of IAP's are the ones doing that as more and more companies will release freemium games hoping those users keep buying stuff
Yeah. People that buy the $49/$99 IAP encourage this crazy freemium models.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I like gun bros so I will get gun bros 2 buy a 69p IAP and see how far I get .