★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Welcome to Die!

View Poll Results: Coke or Pepsi
Coke 50 75.76%
Pepsi 16 24.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll
01-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Look out your window.
Posts: 5,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
The size is actually pretty decent compared to that tank-like Defender case by Otterbox. But yeah, it looks like it'll be quite sturdy. Looks good too.
The defender is insane.
01-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,733
I can certainly understand wanting to protect a $500+ device.

01-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Look out your window.
Posts: 5,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I can certainly understand wanting to protect a $500+ device.
Yeah, no it's awesome. You can bounce the damn thing down the stairs. My dad left it on the top of his car, looked in the mirror, and it was bouncing down the interstate. He's chucked it across parking lots accidentally, and it's still in perfect freakin condition.
01-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
Screw the name, at least football actually IS AMERICAN. Your "football" was invented in China, you guys just like to pretend you invented it.
Football doesn't really have a place where it was invented. It was played differently around the world from Mayan times already. But I think the closest to modern football was played first in England. It's a worldwide sport unlike your football Stay exiled to your sport which you play alone In the end, you know "soccer" is a bigger sport. More players, more views, more money, more fun, more fans, much better. Oh and I never said Finland created it...

Oh and I'm REALLY happy it's not just FINNISH or something like you seem to be happy that American football is, well just American. Because we actually have really HUGE world cup

Face it, football is the most popular and international sport in the world.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,733
I live in America. I'm an American citizen, not a "world" citizen. I couldn't care less what's popular worldwide. It's popular here, it's a lot of fun here.
01-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I live in America. I'm an American citizen, not a "world" citizen. I couldn't care less what's popular worldwide. It's popular here, it's a lot of fun here.
And I can respect that, but just don't say it's the original football just to annoy me, because you know it's not true.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
And I can respect that, but just don't say it's the original football just to annoy me, because you know it's not true.
It's original football. True story bro.
01-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
It's original football. True story bro.
Piss off. (is that cursing and against the rules?)
01-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Piss off. (is that cursing and against the rules?)
You should know better than me. You've been here longer.
01-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Look out your window.
Posts: 5,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Football doesn't really have a place where it was invented. It was played differently around the world from Mayan times already. But I think the closest to modern football was played first in England. It's a worldwide sport unlike your football Stay exiled to your sport which you play alone In the end, you know "soccer" is a bigger sport.
You think I care or want the Irish playing my sport? I could care less. It's an American sport, I want it played in America.

But actually, that's only the NFL. There's Canadian leagues, and arena leagues, and European leagues.

So part one of your argument is flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
More players
So by having a bunch more colorless teams that are all pretty much the same, the sport is superior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
more views
This is football. Not YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
more money
The business side is irrelevant to this argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
more fun
If you think prancing around tripping on each others balls (oh, and the soccer ball) while you mindlessly attempt to kick the object threw the 30 ft wide goal is more fun, that's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
more fans
More teams. Larger population. Again, irrelevant to the sport itself.

But on the subject, if you insist.

Soccer fans are emos. They get all emotional and riot during games. Killing people and chanting racist remarks. They get all pissed off when and take it as a personal insult when they hear americans can't stand soccer. Why do you care? I don't give a crap at all if the rest of the world hates the NFL. I love it and thats all that matters to me. But not soccer fans they to take personal offense to someone not liking it.

You can have your fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
much better
I disagree.

Football is a much more open minded sport. They use their hands, feet and bodies on every play. Soccer rules make hands useless (and wasted) for the majority of players. In football you can have a 400 pound player and a 170 pound player. Never happen in restrictive soccer.

Soccer is for racist pansies that act like a linebacker or end just dropped them from the blindside everytime somebody steps on their toes. I tried to watch the World Cup, but had to stop after the USA v Italy game. I just can't watch a guy getting ejected from a game for stepping on another dudes toes. There is something awfully weak about that entire two yellows equals an ejection thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Oh and I never said Finland created it...
Never said you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Oh and I'm REALLY happy it's not just FINNISH or something like you seem to be happy that American football is, well just American. Because we actually have really HUGE world cup
We have the Super Bowl. In America. I don't want some Italian guy playing in my Super Bowl.

There's a European league for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Face it, football is the most popular and international sport in the world.
Popular can eat sh**

Im glad we had this talk.

Last edited by k1lljoy_89; 01-12-2013 at 12:33 PM.