Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-30-2012, 10:29 PM

Default Goblin Groove

I just submitted my first app to the app store, Goblin Groove. It's under review right now and will hopefully be available this week or next for iPad. I'll post again when it's live and give out a few codes.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Argh, that hurt my eyes..!!

No seriously, what's the fascination with such old looking graphic styles? Do devs do it because they lack talent and/or it is easier to do it that way?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Argh, that hurt my eyes..!!

No seriously, what's the fascination with such old looking graphic styles? Do devs do it because they lack talent and/or it is easier to do it that way?
Ouch...

It's a style choice. I grew up playing SNES for good bit of my childhood, and I'm rather fond of 'old looking graphic styles'. I know it's not for everyone, but I had a great time creating the graphics and I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out. I'm going to try and have a video online in the next few days. Maybe seeing it in action will change your mind.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Don't worry about defred, he's pretty much a douche who opens his mouth before thinking.

Can't want to see the video~
Old 12-31-2012, 06:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Item_Screen View Post
Ouch...

It's a style choice. I grew up playing SNES for good bit of my childhood, and I'm rather fond of 'old looking graphic styles'. I know it's not for everyone, but I had a great time creating the graphics and I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out. I'm going to try and have a video online in the next few days. Maybe seeing it in action will change your mind.

Yeah, don't mind defred, he's sometimes a bit too bigmouthed and trolling. But I never saw him do better.

I like the graphics, they're actually quite charming. They have the style of the old Simon-the-Sorcerer graphics, which isn't a bad thing.

But you have to get used to comments like this above. Lotsa ppl don't neccessarily think before posting and criticism can be quite harsh. Get a thick skin for that sh!t... pick out constructive criticism and let the rest don't even touch you. Think about a group of chimps, scratching their bottoms and jumping up and down while sitting in front of their keyboards, mindless hammering on the keys...

Last edited by Vovin; 12-31-2012 at 06:42 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 09:32 PM

I made a short teaser for Goblin Groove. It got approved today, and should be on the app store Wednesday night/Thursday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWEO4TaMSf8
Old 01-07-2013, 01:33 AM
iPad 2

Game looks like heaps of fun keep us posted
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 PM

Goblin Groove should be live in just a few hours! I'll be back tomorrow with some promo codes to give out.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Congratulations on the release! Will Goblin Groove be iPad exclusive or also avaliable on iPod/iPhone?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Congratulations on the release! Will Goblin Groove be iPad exclusive or also avaliable on iPod/iPhone?
Just iPad for now. I may make an iPhone version in the future, but I think it is more suited to iPad.