Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Reasons why you're liking Freemium games?

Yes, yes yes, I know. So many people hate IAP, Freemium and Paymium stuff or whatever. But I am more interested in those people here who actually LIKE Freemium or Paymium games. Looking at Apple's top grosssing charts, you'll always find more Free- or Paymium games there than premium apps. Ok, exclude Angry Birds Star Wars and the other famous casuals.
There must be a reason why Paymium / Freemium spills a... few more bucks than Premium apps into Apple's purse.
To make one thing clear: Freemium = play the whole games without the need to spend money and only a little bit of grinding could be involved - Paymium = after paying for a game, another paywall hits sooner or later or there's heavy grinding needed.

I am playing Lies of Astaroth, D.O.T., Shufflepuck Cantina, Jewel Dragon, Lovi Town, Puzzle & Dragon and some f2p K-RPGs at the moment. Because I have family, my gaming time is limited. I don't spend money on consumables, skins or in-game items, but occassionally I buy IAPs - still these games are really good and in short bursts once or twice per day (after the usual recovering phases) really satisfying.
I will try out Clash of Clans soon.

I am always very asmused by the fact that people using Freemium/Paymium apps are looked at like Premium traitors... as if you made a pact with the devil when downloading F/P apps. None of that nonsense here.

So, what do you play and why do you like Freemium or Paymium?
Recommendations pointing at hidden gems in Freemium are always appreciated!

People about to complain about Freemium/Paymium: please do that somewhere else. If you really made it until here, that is.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-31-2012 at 11:21 AM..