Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Finished the game a few days ago, and I'm impressed. The combat is unique and interesting, the artwork is great and has nice detail (like every piece of equipment has its own look). The story is quite good too. You can even AFK grind by sending your mice on timed levels.

And surprisingly, no IAP whatsoever.

Recommended for RPG fans.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:19 AM

Default Update with Bug Fixes is Live

Hi Gang,

I'm a little late in posting this, but our update to the game with fixes to the reported bugs is now live.

Please enjoy the game! Remember, it's 100% Free!

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSCohen_SG View Post
Hi Everyone,

This is David, I'm part of the development team behind Tunnel Tail. We are sorry if you have experienced or come across any issues - we are busily working on a new update that should fix them.

Please note: A bug has been discovered in the latest update that, when you update the game without uninstalling the old version, will cause the mice in your Burrow to look odd or partially invisible. This will not prevent you from being able to continue playing, it just makes the mice in the Burrow look weird.

If you do not want to delete your old version of the game, please hold off on installing this update. We are working on correcting this issue now and will release a new update that fixes this ASAP.

If you already installed this update and the mice in the Burrow are looking strange, it is safe to continue playing. The next update will correct this issue

Finally, if you're installing the game now for the very first time, you will not experience any of the issues that are currently being discussed.

Please contact our support team if you come across any problems at [URL="https://tunneltail.zendesk.com/home"]www.tunneltail.com/support[/URL]
Old 09-08-2012, 01:14 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 09-08-2012, 01:45 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This game is surprisingly good. It's a good RPG with combat that reminds me a bit of Battleloot Adventures, but it's more of a 1v1 battle system with some good strategy involved in it.

At first you will only have one Mouse in your Burrow. You send it to missions. Missions can be in 2 types, one is auto-complete, the other one is battles. Accepting a mission from outside your burrow takes some time for your Mouse to get there. At the start, it usually takes about 0 to 5 seconds to get to a mission. Then on auto-missions, it gives you the results when you open the mission screen after the mission timer is complete, and on Battles, when you open the mission after the timer is complete, you get to a battle screen.

Battles...
ATB-based. If you have played any of the ATB-based RPGs (FF3 and up... or was it FF4 and up? Chrono Trigger too) then you should be familiar with that. Here there is a level of tension. Some skills affect tension. Some skills have + or - tension, which changes the tension levels. Skills have colors attached to them, which represent tension levels, meaning a skill is more effective when it is used when there is the correct tension in the air for it. This makes a 1v1 atb-battle very strategic as it changes the way you play depending on how you and the opponent plays around with the tension levels.

Back to missions. Later on, missions will take about 2 or 3 minutes. This is as far as ive gone so far. I imagine there will be mission that take more time. That may sound bad, BUT, you will be recruiting more mice into your team so while the others do the missions that take a while to complete, you still have some other mice that can do the 0-5 second missions.

It's a bit complicated, but the balance between wait times and getting something else to do is very good. How? Tunnel Patrols. These are missions that dont have wait times at all as it occurs in your base. These mostly arent part of the story, but mostly a way to pass the time while your story mission mice do their missions, and it's a good way to recover from bad conditions (negative status effects) and to gain some experience.

Now, the bad. Load times. It isnt really bad as it takes only about 1 to 4 seconds (my estimate), but it is there. Especially when you go in and out of the maps where you tap to start and complete missions.

For something that is free, and NO IAP, this is a great game to pick up, especially for the RPG fans. It's free, it's unique, and it is a pretty satisfying RPG game, and it's free. Highly recommended. NO IAP whatsoever, and did I mention it's free?
When you say "they take 2 to 3 minutes, are you referring to the time it takes to play the missions, or do you mean watching a clock tick down like in Facebook games?
Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
When you say "they take 2 to 3 minutes, are you referring to the time it takes to play the missions, or do you mean watching a clock tick down like in Facebook games?
Ticking like in facebook games. BUT, you have other characters that you can play realtime missions with. Those who are kinda stagnant, just send them out into mission and they gain levels and get you stuff as well.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Unlike those Facebook games where once the timer goes down = instant win, the vast majority of the timer missions have the turn-based battles described above once the timer reaches zero, so tactical skill is needed. Also, the timer missions push the main story further, with picture cutscenes with minimal animation. Thus, even for the missions with instant win, you get closer to figuring out the truth of the mystery.

Think of the story as a non-scary crossover of Watership Down and Redwall with magic. Sure, it isn't perfect, but it is LOADS better than many other videogame stories.

Like I mentioned before, the game could use more polish. Yet everything functions well, and creates a unified artistic tone, aesthetic feel, and gameplay style. It isn't perfect, but it works really well with what it has, AND IT IS 100% FREE. NOTHING UPFRONT, AND NO IAP. Just give it a try if you're uncertain ^_^
Old 09-09-2012, 12:23 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlbum View Post
Unlike those Facebook games where once the timer goes down = instant win, the vast majority of the timer missions have the turn-based battles described above once the timer reaches zero, so tactical skill is needed. Also, the timer missions push the main story further, with picture cutscenes with minimal animation. Thus, even for the missions with instant win, you get closer to figuring out the truth of the mystery.

Think of the story as a non-scary crossover of Watership Down and Redwall with magic. Sure, it isn't perfect, but it is LOADS better than many other videogame stories.

Like I mentioned before, the game could use more polish. Yet everything functions well, and creates a unified artistic tone, aesthetic feel, and gameplay style. It isn't perfect, but it works really well with what it has, AND IT IS 100% FREE. NOTHING UPFRONT, AND NO IAP. Just give it a try if you're uncertain ^_^
I tried it. Had to respond since you mentioned one of my favorite movies of all time, Watership Down. I was thinking a little more along the lines of Secret of Nimh, wouldn't you agree? Kinda crossed w/WD.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:17 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Nice piece of work. I like the concept of the game. When I start a game, after loading the Default.png image, it shows white border on Right side and Buttom side.

Device used: iPhone 4S
iOS : Latest
Old 09-10-2012, 07:23 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

DAMN, this game is good! A lot of full-priced games could take a few lessons by looking at this gem.

It really hurts a bit to see it passing by, unnoticed by many.

Try it, folks - there's no hook, no catch; just a really good, completely free game!

Last edited by Vovin; 09-10-2012 at 07:31 AM..
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM

I have just finished the game an I can honestly by heart say that, developers made this game lovingly. And I am proud to have played it. Loading times and sprites are a bit weary but I loved every other thing: Characters, plot, equipment, tactical moves, concept, third wall breaking and most of all the ever changing philosophic quarrels between the figting lads .

P.S.: Played in 4S