Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyesuare View Post
Enjoyed the Apocalypse Ow update, sad to hear it will be the last but understandable since everyone must have bought it by now. Will you continue to update Pocket God Journey to Uranus after work on your new games?
No, just new games
Old 12-22-2012, 06:21 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecazz View Post
No, just new games
I have to say this. This, could be a wrong decision. Journey to Uranus had only 5 updates. Do you really want to stop it there? Also, are you going to regulary (I mean every two or three months) update your new games? Thanks in advance!

Merry Fishmas Eve to everyone! And, special greetings to BoltCreative!!!

Last edited by drek95; 12-24-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drek95 View Post
I have to say this. This, could be a wrong decision. Journey to Uranus had only 5 updates. Do you really want to stop it there? Also, are you going to regulary (I mean every two or three months) update your new games? Thanks in advance!

Merry Fishmas Eve to everyone! And, special greetings to BoltCreative!!!
well, it all really depends on how well they do. it would be suicide for us to keep working on updates for a game that isn't bringing in enough revenue to keep us going. That's basically why we cant update PGU. Some might say that if we update it, it will do better but even with updates it wont be a regular app in the top 50 which is the level of success we need.

As far as new apps, I don't know what our update plan will be until we see how the app does. if it does well and the updates don't take that much time, then we will update it. If the app doesn't hold it's rank very long, it might be better for us to work on a new app instead of updates.

btw. Merry Fishmas and happy new years to everyone.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Developer

one more thing about updates and features. One thing you don't have to worry about is that you are missing some kind of awesome content because we are not updating pg or pgu anymore. We will still be creating content and if we have an awesome idea for PGU or PG, it will eventually be released in some other form. and most likely, when we release it, it will be more fleshed out that it would have been as an update.

the only thing that will change is that we wont be able to offer as much free content anymore. The only way we can justify free updates is if the game sells really well like Pocket God did a couple years ago. So from now on, Pocket God will be a collection of apps instead of just two apps with a ton of updates.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 AM

Dave... Now that active development has ended on PG, is there any chance you might hand the game code off to the guys who did the universal conversion for PGU? Seems like this would be a great time to do it.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 AM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecazz View Post
one more thing about updates and features. One thing you don't have to worry about is that you are missing some kind of awesome content because we are not updating pg or pgu anymore. We will still be creating content and if we have an awesome idea for PGU or PG, it will eventually be released in some other form. and most likely, when we release it, it will be more fleshed out that it would have been as an update.

the only thing that will change is that we wont be able to offer as much free content anymore. The only way we can justify free updates is if the game sells really well like Pocket God did a couple years ago. So from now on, Pocket God will be a collection of apps instead of just two apps with a ton of updates.
Dace... Your last two posts warmed up my heart. I could have never hoped for better news from you, than the one you just gave! So, if if I understood well; if you, for example, want to do a Pygmy flicking minigame, you will create it in the form of a new, more articulated, and better looking App, instead of a free, and maybe smaller,free update for Pocket God or JTU, isn't it. But, could this strategy work also for god powers, wich are the true core of PG? We'll see. Anyway, if this is the point, I'm going to say you a thing you don't have to worry about: I will always, and I say ALWAYS buy your products. After all, the comics are awesome, The Runs seems GREAT, and the new games... Well, I'm really curious about them. Best wishes for the new year and, as always, one last question;
is there any possible release date, or period, for The Runs?
Thanks for reading and, answer soon!

Last edited by drek95; 01-01-2013 at 08:06 AM..
Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Basically they will release some new games and some pg related games but....
No updates for pg or pgu
Old 01-09-2013, 04:40 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Hi, Dave! Happy to see you online! How is all going with The Runs?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
Dave... Now that active development has ended on PG, is there any chance you might hand the game code off to the guys who did the universal conversion for PGU? Seems like this would be a great time to do it.
they are working hard on the runs. I am mainly working on level design now with luc bernard, helping to manage the team, and maybe doing slight programming tweaks now and then for final polish. but they are our main programming team.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:44 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Pardon Me, Dave, but I would like to report an annoying fact. When all my Pygmies die for the plague, and among them there's Charlie, then I cannot burn them, because Tom, wich is a Closet Room exclusive, is actually the last Pygmy to stay alive, and it is sealed to that Chamber. The only way to solve this bug is to close and reopen Pocket God. I know that you are REALLY busy with The Runs, but, could you please look if you can solve it? Thanks!