• Publisher: Chaotic Box
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.9
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.4 (18)
App description: Weave through waves of attacking space bugs and use powerful detonations to destroy your foes! Silverfish was designed for touch input to provide authentic and unrelenting arcade action. It's retro reborn and reimagined!

CONTROLS: Flick Up, Down, Left, and Right anywhere on the screen to change direction. Tap with 2 fingers to activate a powerup. Alternate control styles are available in the settings menu and can be fully tweaked to your preference.

Reviews
- IGN: 8.5/10 "Editors' Choice"
- GamePro/PCWorld: 5 out of 5
- Touch Arcade: 4.5 out of 5
- The Electric Playground: 9/10 and 8/10
- WIRED Magazine: 8 out of 10
- 148apps: 4.5 out of 5
- Yahoo's Appolicious: 5 out of 5
- Eurogamer: 8 out of 10
- AppAdvice: 4.5/5 "MUST BUY"
- Pocket Gamer: 8/10 "Silver Award"

- Reaper Mode -
Charge your POW and avoid enemies with the awesome Time Shock powerup. Earn MAX POW and turn the tables on your foes!

- Onslaught Mode -
Destroy waves of enemies as quickly as possible to avoid an overwhelming swarm. Drive up your score multiplier to rack up points and earn extra lives.

- Scavenger Mode -
Keep your POW from draining by destroying enemies and collecting tasty Protons.

- Haste Mode -
A constant race to max out your POW and defeat your foes. Full-on intense action right out of the gate!

Visit http://chaoticbox.com for more fun :)

ChaoticBox's comments:
Read the Touch Arcade Review!

01-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masvil View Post
Besides the fact that Radiangames' games are very well done games of various types (dual stick shooters, Space Invaders type, sliding puzzles, etc) the original release of Fireball on Xbox was within a day of the original release of Silverfish on iPhone. Fireball didn't make it to iPhone until 2012, but it's definitely not a close. The two games may have similarities, but they're both good, and both developed simultaneously.
01-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Yeah I wouldn't call Fireball bad nor a clone Radiangames makes good stuff - Ballistic is easily one of the best dual-stick shooters you can get on iOS.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: www.chaoticbox.com Twitter YouTube

01-02-2013, 02:53 AM
Yep, radiangames' games are great, looking forward to whatever they put out next.

As I am for ChaoticBox; Match Panic and Silverfish remain 2 of my favourite games on this platform.
01-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
Ballistic is easily one of the best dual-stick shooters you can get on iOS.
Ballistic is too chaotic for my flower. I prefer Inferno+ because of its strategic elements. Anyway I will never delete Silverfish :-)

Game Center: masvil - feel free to add me telling you are from TA.
Do you need info about HDMI out and iCade to use your iDevice as a real game station? Go there and there and thank Connector and Menneisyys.
01-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masvil View Post
Yep, he's right, Silverfish isn't even a very good clone of Fireball SE. It's such a bad clone it turns out being pretty original with only a few similarities.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 01-02-2013 at 08:34 AM.
01-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Yep, he's right, Silverfish isn't even a very good clone of Fireball SE. It's such a bad clone it turns out being pretty original with only a few similarities.
BLASPHEMER!
01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Silverfish, and the iPad version Silverfish MAX continues to be on sale for a limited time. 99c/69p is an absolute steal for this fantastic game.

In fact, I've never owned an iPad, and probably will not for quite a while. However, I do have hopes of purchasing an iPad Mini sometime this year. And when I do get one I know that I'm going to want Silverfish MAX on there, so I'm going to go ahead and show my support to one of my favourite developers on iOS and take advantage of the sale.

I'd also like to mention that Critter Panic, made by the same developer, is one of the best free games on iOS. If you like Silverfish, or even if you just enjoy free stuff, please show your support by downloading Critter Panic. And when I say free, I mean free: no ads, no IAP, just fun.

Thanks.
01-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
If you like Silverfish, or even if you just enjoy free stuff, please show your support by downloading Critter Panic. And when I say free, I mean free: no ads, no IAP, just fun.
To be clear, Critter Panic does have ads (gotta try to bring in some money somehow!) but never during gameplay, and you'll see a maximum of 1 per completed game in the main menu. A banner may show up at the top of the menu as well. No IAP though

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
01-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
To be clear, Critter Panic does have ads (gotta try to bring in some money somehow!) but never during gameplay, and you'll see a maximum of 1 per completed game in the main menu. A banner may show up at the top of the menu as well. No IAP though
Oops, sorry! Guess I got a little carried away.
11-15-2013, 12:37 PM
For those that missed it: Silverfish is now FREE! First time ever since its release 3 years ago

So grab it while you can. This sale won't last much longer and won't happen again for at least another 3 years!

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!