• Publisher: Pixelbite
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 147.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.9
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.7 (6)
App description: * The intense PHASE THREE update is out now!
* PHASE THREE brings WEAPONS and A.I. OPPONENTS to Repulze.

Get ready for a futuristic adrenaline rush from the developers of Reckless Racing. Blast through gravity defying tracks while collecting precious energy boosts to push your speed beyond reason!

This futuristic racer puts you in the seat of experimental Repulze hovercraft working as a test pilot for the Man. Well, the Synthetic Man is more accurate. The Synthetics run the corporations. The corporations run the world. You are way down the food chain getting pushed around to complete their scientific challenges. But youll show em

Super-fluid racing action with stunning graphics
Quick-to-learn touch and tilt controls but challenging to master
Game Center leaderboards and achievements
NEW: Phase Three is available!
NEW: Weapons and A.I. opponents
Languages: English, Deutsch, Français, Español, Italiano, , ,

PHASE ONE : Re-boot Camp (OUT NOW!)
Push all boundaries to find the optimal use of the Repulze engine. Go as fast as humanly possible. Then go even faster. Don't even dare to blink!
Nine gravity defying tracks
Six hypersonic Repulze hovercraft

PHASE TWO : Break & Desist (OUT NOW!)
Exiled to the outer rims of space you need to hone your skills and gather strength for the inevitable showdown.
New industrial wasteland theme
Seven sanity defying tracks
New challenge types
Power Ripper upgrade
Magnetic Fields, Barriers & Toolkits

PHASE THREE : Backlash (OUT NOW!)
The Synthetics caught up with you, but not without leaving a brightly lit trail back to the Kernel, their master A.I. Its time to bring the sledgehammer to their tea party.
New doomsday battle theme
Eight safety & health-code violating tracks
New hovercraft
Devious A.I. opponents
Plasma Cannon and Rocket Battery upgrades
New challenge types

Pixelbite_Games's comments:

Here's the launch trailer!

01-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Pixelbite, may I ask if there'll be any IAPs present and if so, what are they for?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

01-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
iPod touch 4 playable?
Seems to suggest that'll work fine.

I wish you could race against computer opponents BUT from the video it still looks a great game, is cheap and the filesize isnt bad (and a choice of controls, not just tilt !). I'll be picking this up later.
01-02-2013, 11:17 AM
will be picking this up. looks similar to the Wipeout that i loved on PS3.
01-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Always up for a Wipeout style game. Hope this succeeds where others haven't done so well.
01-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Woohoo!! Been excited about this since it was brought up in the Flashout thread... Super psyched!
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Looking good!

I hope the controls are better than Flashout 3D!
01-02-2013, 01:15 PM
So looking at the description, am I to assume there are no weapons/power-ups? Seems like every attempt at a Wipeout style game fails at either the combat aspect or the racing/controls aspect. Protoxide came close but the sense of speed was missing.

Wish Sony could do a port but obviously not going to happen as they try to make their Vita prosper.
01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Looks like no weapons and no competition either. I didn't see a single other vehicle on the tracks.

The gate system could make it interesting but looks pretty bare-bones at this point. At .99¢ I might as well give it a shot, hopefully it's not completely bogged down by IAP.
01-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Didn't see any IAP, tapping on locked ships and tracks didn't prompt you for cash.

There's no combat but in all honesty I didn't feel I missed it, not all game modes in Wipeout were weapon based and this fits the bill. Gate system is simple but somewhat addicting trying to get faster and faster. Ships, tracks and little effects are nice, everything feels weighted.

Good fun and nicely done.