Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

iCloud - word on the cyberstreet is Apple have bungled something. Forums are ablaze all over the land.

From Mike:
" As far as we can tell, both from direct experience accessing the servers and from the complaints of other developers, the iCloud service is suffering from slow response times at the moment.

We recommend that players use a single device for Spellcraft in the meantime. We are publishing an update that provides better sync status feedback, but it will probably not arrive until a week or so
."

One more thing : Try a device reset, to see if it helps. I mean the full-on hold down both buttons at once reset.

Steve @ ThreeGoblins

Last edited by Steve at ThreeGoblins; 01-02-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

@Cat: Thanks for the good games.

Game 2 was the other way around, I did not draw anything that I could put to good use. So even with a good deck and skill, you still depend on the randomness of the cards drawn.

Game 1: That was another of my experimental decks. I figured that when you play Accursed too late, it does not help much anymore, because your hand is smaller in later stages of the game anyways. Problem was that I did not have anything to counter your big creatures, so what good does it do me when you can only hold 3 cards? And the Psychic Vortex just did not want to show up
Conclusion: At least I absolutely need something to counter heavy hitters. Just going with stuff that limits the opponent (and you, in case of Psychic Vortex), and using smaller creatures does not seem to be enough.

Ah well, back to the drawing board, brewing up some more deck designs.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Async turnbased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve at ThreeGoblins View Post
Turn-based...
Almost forgot that:
If you are interested in talking to someone who already uses Gamecenter for asynchronous turn-based, get in touch with Rocco, the developer of Starbase Orion ( http://www.chimerasw.com ). SO has much more data per turn than Spellcraft most likely will ever have, and it seems to work well. So he must have done it right
On his blog, he mentions investigating SmartFoxServer as possible alternative to GC.

UPDATE: And I just found that: http://www.openkit.io/ . But nothing about the current status of the project, aside from vague "we might be ready in January 2013" statements from their main investor (and driving force behind it, he is the guy who originally invested heavily in OpenFeint) .

Last edited by Sheinfell; 01-02-2013 at 10:29 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 12:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve at ThreeGoblins View Post
In that case, you are not going to like the new Fire card that will be coming early 2013

Implode : blows up the strongest creatures and the resulting splat damages your opponent too.

Steve @ 3Goblins
I think itīs time to talk about some reflection spells now
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krossek View Post
I think itīs time to talk about some reflection spells now
I don't know what the Goblins have in store for the other factions, but depending on which direction Air is going to take, it might fit in there. When I think of Air, I have Djinns on my mind, and these folks are good at magic, and also have some reputation as tricksters, at least from what little I picked up on original Arabic folklore on them.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
I don't know what the Goblins have in store for the other factions, but depending on which direction Air is going to take, it might fit in there. When I think of Air, I have Djinns on my mind, and these folks are good at magic, and also have some reputation as tricksters, at least from what little I picked up on original Arabic folklore on them.
Good guess! We do have one indeed: Whirling Djinn.

Steve@ThreeGoblins
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

@ Steve@ThreeGoblins

Is the game ready to accept translations?

If so can you send the document to me?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Good news. I bought some packs then I created a new deck and played a few rounds. Later I tried the iPhone and the game worked!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 AM
iPhone 4

Still locked out due to trying to sync on an iphone for me.

Which brings up a question/suggestion for me. I've been out of reception for the past few days and wanted to play on my iphone, but since the first thing this app does is look to sync and won't let you go further if it doesn't sync, the basically this app becomes useless. Like can not be played anywhere without reception (airplane). Not even if you just want a quick match that won't give you any coins or any progression....can't even do that, let alone store the information to send later at the next available sync.
Is there anything that can be possibly done here? Like allowing you to enter the menu first, and prompt you with an option to sync or not?
Just a way around locking you out of the app basically if it can't get a sync.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Talbs are you just on iPhone, no iPad at all? I thought the issue was for people on two devices with the problem being that iCloud wasn't sending out the info when the second device tried to retrieve the data.

Carlos, have you got any more details? You're saying you were playing and buying and building on the iPad, then you just opened the game on the phone and it worked straight away? Any other details you can think of?

A whirling Djinn!! Ok. How does one pronounce that please? I like to get the cards right, otherwise they get stuck in my head. I misread the Pilfer card originally and every time I see it I still call it the 'Fiffer'.