Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I know it's more of an evolution of the genre than classic point and click, but The Walking Dead hasn't been mentioned nearly enough in here. If you want story and voice acting, you'll get it from that.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:37 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I know it's more of an evolution of the genre than classic point and click, but The Walking Dead hasn't been mentioned nearly enough in here. If you want story and voice acting, you'll get it from that.
I agree, one of the best ipad games i've played this year. And sam & max and back to the future arent so bad either.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duss321 View Post
City of secrets
Hector badge of carnage
Reversion - the escape
Yesterday
Sam and max
Wallace and grommit
All fridges are psychotic
Ghost trick

Big fish games doent make the point and click games you like, they make hidden objects games. Which is not the same like zak mckracken, the dig, day of the tentacle, full throttle etc. Telltale has some good adventure games although some like jurassic park are based on quick time events.

And if you haven't played them already back in the day:
Broken sword 1 and 2
Monkey island 1 and 2
Simon the sorcerer 1 and 2
Inheret the earth
Beneath a steel sky
Gobliiins 1 and 2 ( and 3?)
And some others

Also if you have a jailbroken device download scummvm and the copy amd paste the cd files from your old point and click games to your idevice to play them on the go!

Hope this helps a bit and if i think of some more old school point and click type of games i'll let you know!
Thanks! I was wondering that about the Big Fish games. The screenshots were making me a little wary. I figured I'd just try the demos after work, but your post confirms what I was thinking. Fun games I'm sure, just not exactly what I'm looking for.

Great list, quite a few on there I haven't come across. I think I''m sold on all fridges are psychotic based on the name alone. Yesterday looks like a great noir type mystery which is one of my favorite genre so that one is another no brainer. I'll have to check out the rest on your list and those posted by others when I get home. Thanks again!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Yep big fish games is not really a point and click game. But most people who don't know or grew up with the old ones think they are, simply because you point and click to complete the game i guess. And again, theyre not bad games, just not my cup of tea.

Yesterday is a great game, same goes for city of secrets and hector. All 3 where above my expactations.

Yesterday has a great film noir type story with good puzzle and plot twists.
City of secrets blew me away at first with its graphics and design, and was suprisingly fun to play.
Hector is pretty funny and has some good puzzles
All fridges are psychotic is a great game with unconventional graphics and some puzzles which are pretty difficult!

All fridges are psychotic is a great and fun game, weird funny graphics. And it reminds me a bit of maniac mansion. Anyways like you i'm a fan of those good ol' classics. So i keep my eye open for point and click games. While secretly wishing for full throttle to pop up in the app store. (i can play it on ipad due to scummvm, but an official app would be sweet).

Also as mentioned above the walking dead.
Which is not so great at puzzles since there all pretty easy. But the story is very good and non player characters you encounter will remember what you say and do. And that will affect the story. So there are diffirent outcomes available and personelly i got really attached to some of the characters.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

City of Secrets 2 is coming very soon too, so now's a good time to play the first part
Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The Journey Down was pretty neat too but it's just episode one of the saga so far...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Lots of adventure game discussions of all sorts in this forum:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=93302
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Just for clarification, there's a reason I didn't mention anything other than the "Drawn" series from Big Fish. These are different and more towards the traditional point and click games...just more "puzzle"-centric. There's nothing hidden object-y about them.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 AM

Just wanted to say, thank you for this thread. It is great having a list of adventure games to try out for the iPad.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to Pman

Quote:
Originally Posted by farley2k View Post
Big fish games are never terrible but very few are great. I would say they are a firm "B" product company. I think all there stuff is free to try so go for it!
My exact thoughts!

Big fish games is a great place to look for some fun games.