Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks like they are working on BG2EE
Also seems like they might work on IWD and maybe NWN according to Trents Twitter..
Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by minno15 View Post
My iPad reset the other day, it's backed up to the cloud, but do you guys think I can recover the save games somehow?
do you mean you had your ipad data backed up on icloud? if the last cloud sync was recent (usually the last time you had your device plugged in to charge), then your Baldur's Gate data should be there as soon as you reinstall after restoring.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
do you mean you had your ipad data backed up on icloud? if the last cloud sync was recent (usually the last time you had your device plugged in to charge), then your Baldur's Gate data should be there as soon as you reinstall after restoring.
Ok cool, will have to try that! Thanks a lot skymuffin!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 AM

I think i'm putting this on hold till the patch comes out. I've put a lot of hours in and got a good chunk of the way through, but almost every time I drag to select people the box just freezes on the screen and I have to try like ten times to make it work and that's starting to get to me.

Brilliant game, almost as good as I remember it being back when it came out and once it's patched up it will be one of the best games on iOS, but right now it's just pissing me off a bit too much.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:31 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Looks like they are working on BG2EE
Also seems like they might work on IWD and maybe NWN according to Trents Twitter..
Cool.

As good as BG is, I pretty much just treat it as a prelude to BG2. All my character and NPC decisions are based on who I want to pit against Irenicus and who I want to romance in the sequel.

Hope Overhaul has a good plan in place for iPad modding by the time they release BG2, and especially for NWN. People are still releasing modules for that game.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
Cool.

As good as BG is, I pretty much just treat it as a prelude to BG2. All my character and NPC decisions are based on who I want to pit against Irenicus and who I want to romance in the sequel.

Hope Overhaul has a good plan in place for iPad modding by the time they release BG2, and especially for NWN. People are still releasing modules for that game.
NVM is not 100% sure.. Trent worked 8 years on NVM and was in doubt for that project... so w'll see.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Cool.

if you still have BG2, you can import your BG:EE data into it. just tried it today and it works
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded87 View Post
I think i'm putting this on hold till the patch comes out. I've put a lot of hours in and got a good chunk of the way through, but almost every time I drag to select people the box just freezes on the screen and I have to try like ten times to make it work and that's starting to get to me.

Brilliant game, almost as good as I remember it being back when it came out and once it's patched up it will be one of the best games on iOS, but right now it's just pissing me off a bit too much.
Two things to note on this.

1) If your green selection box contacts the edge of the screen, this happens every time. To avoid this, make sure the folks you want to select are not at the edge of the screen; move the screen so it's got them closer to the middle.

2) The bottom-most button in that corner of the screen selects your entire party with no problems. This is what I use the most.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Infinity Engine games have always been buggy and clunky, so I guess I just take most of it in stride. Though some new bugs have made it into the iOS version, it's apparent from the walkthroughs that I've been reading that a lot of old bugs have been squashed in this version.

I've gotten pretty good at tapping small targets, actually. There are a couple UI issues I'd rather see addressed before this "smart radius" feature.

First is some way to mark exits. Finding these with mouse hover always sucked, but of course it's even worse without a cursor. Can't they get a purple glow like doors do? I know in BG2 there are a few objects in the scenery you can interact with that only show on hover, too, so it would be really good if those were marked for newbies.

Second is a better way to select multiple characters. Tapping the band-select button then drawing a box is way clumsy. What might be better is if I tapped one character portrait, held my finger, and used another finger to select additional units.
There is a button to mark exits. It's in the bottom-right, amongst the set of buttons that includes the multiple character selection box button. It will show interactable items (chests, bookcases, loot on the ground, etc.), doors/entrances, and even character/NPC/mob names.

Also there in that set of buttons in the corner is one which when clicked selects tour entire party without needing to use the buggy green selection box drawing tool.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb View Post
Two things to note on this.

1) If your green selection box contacts the edge of the screen, this happens every time. To avoid this, make sure the folks you want to select are not at the edge of the screen; move the screen so it's got them closer to the middle.

2) The bottom-most button in that corner of the screen selects your entire party with no problems. This is what I use the most.
Yeah I worked out the edge of screen thing, still seems to bug out a lot though. But I didn't realize there was a select everyone button so I'll give that a go. Thanks