Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #371  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
And a bit late to the party, but a warm welcome to all new faces from me as well

@Krossek & Vovin: What do you two think? Can we manage a German translation of the manual between us three? I don't have much time on my hands, and frankly do not like doing translation work because it is so tedious and takes quite the effort. But in this case I am willing to make an exception, also because the scope is rather limited.

Well, yeah, guess that should be possible. Did some app / appstore translation jobs before... even did something for the Space Miner developers.
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,237
Default

Oh well, I've read the manual yesterday evening (still trying to get the battle mechanics completely, the more advanced stuff) and played 3-4 games vs AI, which tore me apart 2 times (lost because I ran out of cards). I'll buy now a bit of gold and thry playing around with the cards to build my first decks.

This game looks like you have to rely on your deckbuilding and playing skills instead of having a bunch of rare cards and being undefeatable that way.

Is there iPhone 5 resolution support planned, btw?

Last edited by Vovin; 01-04-2013 at 01:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 AM
Lechatcurieux Lechatcurieux is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London
Posts: 192
Default

I don't know about 5 support, they said an update is on the way but not sure what it includes yet.

You are right about the gameplay, doesn't matter how rare your cards are if your opponents tactics are better. Also, the order in which your cards are drawn has a big influence so the luck element is influential.

I remember running out of cards, always against the Forest AI when they stick the trees out and there's no way past them. If you want help building your deck then ask us.

As you gain levels the AI decks change too so you have to rebuild your decks accordingly. I found that all the cards I bought at level 20 never really got used again.

Tell us what faction you are favouring at the moment and we can tell you what cards your going to need.

It won't be long before you can crush any AI in under ten moves, that's when you start sniffing about for the 2 player challenges. Do you have any friends from your other games you can bring over? I need fresh meat
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lechatcurieux View Post
I don't know about 5 support, they said an update is on the way but not sure what it includes yet.

You are right about the gameplay, doesn't matter how rare your cards are if your opponents tactics are better. Also, the order in which your cards are drawn has a big influence so the luck element is influential.

I remember running out of cards, always against the Forest AI when they stick the trees out and there's no way past them. If you want help building your deck then ask us.

As you gain levels the AI decks change too so you have to rebuild your decks accordingly. I found that all the cards I bought at level 20 never really got used again.

Tell us what faction you are favouring at the moment and we can tell you what cards your going to need.

It won't be long before you can crush any AI in under ten moves, that's when you start sniffing about for the 2 player challenges. Do you have any friends from your other games you can bring over? I need fresh meat


Hehe, I already leveled up to apprentice today, seems as if I got the hang of it. That pesky Forest AI was one of the first I stomped into the ground... those "Burrowing Under" cards came in quite handy when the wall of trees stood. Was just a matter of 4-5 turns after that.

What I am exactly playing? Dunno... I am studying all the cards to see which factions I prefer. But I am clearly an evil one, hehe. Sacrifice and Death means nothing... for the Greater Cause. *demonic grin*

Fact, I threw a few bucks at the devs and bought three 40 card boosters and a few 10 card boosters to play around with.

Thanks very much for offering help, but I am learning faster to swim when jumping into the cold water myself... but be sure that I'll get back to you one day.

Maybe we can play a game later and you'll hand me my ass over?

Wow, this game could even beat my all-time favourite Spectromancer, because of the deckbilding stuff. Not even the new Magic games handle it that good. I like that "main faction plus help faction" rule.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-04-2013 at 05:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:19 AM
Lechatcurieux Lechatcurieux is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London
Posts: 192
Default

Would love to play later, add Lechatcurieux in game centre then request me any time you like.

Yes I can beat you, but there's no victory in that, I've played longer, had more gold, bought bigger cards.

Actually when I meet a new player in GC I generally try and use a more tactical deck rather than just smashing them to pieces which is just boring. That way, the other player gets to see some new tactics, the draw of the cards will greatly affect how strong I am, and therefore the match can be won by anyone.

I'll wait for the invite and get a deck activated that's not full of Giant sledgehammer types (and hope I don't get a request from other guys while I'm unarmed!).

I'll use Ocean with Forest backup, and then will switch to Forest with Purple back up, give you a chance to foresee what I'm going to try and do beforehand. It will be good practice.

See you in there!
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lechatcurieux View Post
Would love to play later, add Lechatcurieux in game centre then request me any time you like.

Yes I can beat you, but there's no victory in that, I've played longer, had more gold, bought bigger cards.

Actually when I meet a new player in GC I generally try and use a more tactical deck rather than just smashing them to pieces which is just boring. That way, the other player gets to see some new tactics, the draw of the cards will greatly affect how strong I am, and therefore the match can be won by anyone.

I'll wait for the invite and get a deck activated that's not full of Giant sledgehammer types (and hope I don't get a request from other guys while I'm unarmed!).

I'll use Ocean with Forest backup, and then will switch to Forest with Purple back up, give you a chance to foresee what I'm going to try and do beforehand. It will be good practice.

See you in there!

I threw some cards together, so here we go. Expecting a terrible defeat.

edit: as I expected. Ouch.
But I saw what you did and didn't took a few things into account. Let me re-design my deck quickly...

Last edited by Vovin; 01-04-2013 at 06:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Lechatcurieux Lechatcurieux is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London
Posts: 192
Default

Well played V, when you get a minute, read a few pages back about pressing attack and THEN laying cards. Because your bats had quick they were killed in the same turn.

Your deck is very well balanced for an AI game, for a two player maybe you need a couple more big guys (or maybe you have and they wouldn't show up).

I'm going to change to a defensive deck of green with purple, invite me back if you want another x
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lechatcurieux View Post
Well played V, when you get a minute, read a few pages back about pressing attack and THEN laying cards. Because your bats had quick they were killed in the same turn.

Your deck is very well balanced for an AI game, for a two player maybe you need a couple more big guys (or maybe you have and they wouldn't show up).

I'm going to change to a defensive deck of green with purple, invite me back if you want another x

Ack. Painful, but good game, thanks! Thought I had you when you were down to 1 life. But since you're way more experienced, m'lady, I expected that you'll come up with some nasty stuff.

Well, at the moment, I am just testing. Not seriously building killer decks. I think that Underworld and Swamp suit my style of play well... but the combination is difficult to play sometimes.
Swamp / Forest could be nice. Life and Death, as opposing forces, are strongly connected. Underworld and Fire should also be good.

Yeah, I noticed my mistakes already in the round after, when you were reacting. The bats are only good when you're really pressed or at the beginning of the game.

I'll tweak now some more.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-04-2013 at 06:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Lechatcurieux Lechatcurieux is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London
Posts: 192
Default

Lol perfect example game of cards not turning up when you want them to, your 8/8 creature was slaughtering me and that lost card turned up and saved my bacon.

I notice you do throw a LOT of cards into your discard pile, now sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but I didn't realise for a while, you can lay those cards over cards you currently have on the board. If you have something better in your hand, lay it over something that's not doing the job.

Or maybe I was the only one who didn't get that straight away lol.

I'll tell you I had my ass clenched through all of it, surviving a whole game with just one life is highly uncomfortable haha x
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lechatcurieux View Post
Lol perfect example game of cards not turning up when you want them to, your 8/8 creature was slaughtering me and that lost card turned up and saved my bacon.

I notice you do throw a LOT of cards into your discard pile, now sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but I didn't realise for a while, you can lay those cards over cards you currently have on the board. If you have something better in your hand, lay it over something that's not doing the job.

Or maybe I was the only one who didn't get that straight away lol.

I'll tell you I had my ass clenched through all of it, surviving a whole game with just one life is highly uncomfortable haha x

Uhm... put cards over cards? Well.... nobody told me...

Hey, just put a new deck together in one minute. You notice my constant struggle? Lol.
Bitter loss anyway. But I have to remember that "save my bacon" saying. *makes mental note*
Ok, another note for myself: when designing a swarm deck, always put things to blow up little things in.

One last sorry: I have to get used to that damn "End Turn" button! I always thought when I commence an attack, turn ends. Was at least like that in Magic.

I am away for a short while now, but I am really looking forward to some weekend games.

The game just needs a simple messaging / chat function, like in Carcassonne.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-04-2013 at 07:07 AM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent