Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Same here the touch controls in my opinion are perfect no problem whatsoever, the tilt controls on the other hand are insanely slow even with high sensitive and these are the ones that need serious tweaks
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I switched to touch controls, and though it really feels almost like a different game with digital input as opposed to analogue, (I'll always prefer the latter for a game of this type for the ability to take smooth curves) I'm finding it to be highly enjoyable.

I honestly have to scratch my head at folks who feel that something that looks this good and runs at 60 FPS is not worth a dollar. Perspective: I used to put a dollar in arcade machines for games of similar quality (and depth!) for maybe a minute or two worth of gameplay.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Perspective: I used to put a dollar in arcade machines for games of similar quality (and depth!) for maybe a minute or two worth of gameplay.
Not everyone new gen hv tht experience!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 PM

Uh, considering the games these guys have put out this *should* be insta-buy, but this, really, really smells of an unfinished game being foisted on us. If it sells well they will flesh it out? Seriously? If this is a gaming model we have to look forward to then I for one won't be supporting it. The game needs to stand on its own the day it is released. iOS developers are using the ability to update (patch) after the fact first as a crutch, and now as a threat?

Don't give me any crap about the price of the game, I expect a finished game when I buy it, not "oh we will fix all those problems and add more game modes if sales warrant it".
Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 AM

Okay, so given how much I loved RR2 I bought the game, and I only want to add two things to the discussion...

- ghosts. Needs ghosts.

- just like RR2, there is a serious problem with the 'vehicle' LUNGING when you tap to change direction. This is the EXACT same issue that RR2 has, it seems to be the way this company wants to code their steering, well on a gravel road with spinning tires that was a minor annoyance (and it did it just the same with the sensitivity set to ZERO) but in this game... Just... NO. Fix it, it makes the game unplayable. Surely you guys have played the competitor's games, and know what we are talking about. We want touch steering, with a ramping up effect - what you guys have is an insane lurching action at the merest dab of the controls. Please... Fix it.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Desperately needs analog control with a quick ramp up, multiple style touch interfaces for that (the current left/right option, a slider, a wheel) and tilt with analog.

By all means keep the digital rails but I doubt many will prefer that if analog and no rails is set.

Otherwise, it's a great prototype. Get the controls sorted and then I can start to think about other things the game may or may not need.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Great game. I do agree with some of the others that both the touch and tilt controls could be adjusted a little to make them feel responsive. Sometimes it does seem that there is a delay or something. Even with the calibration settings, can't quite get the feel that I would like.

But this issue is not a game changer. The controls still work.

But the game is great, and I highly recommend it! Great price now!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Great game. While not as ambitious as some of the other wipeout-likes it feels polished and has pretty good replayability with the challenge and rank systems. Great graphics, smooth framerate on my ipad3, and it has an amazing sense of speed with a challenging polarity gate system to keep you on your toes in every race. Best of all, it's got tons of potential if they do indeed add content via updates. However, to those criticizing the release early and update often plan, here I'd say that the current build is easily worth the $.99 entry fee.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrobotix View Post
... I'd say that the current build is easily worth the $.99 entry fee.
You forget that we oso get all the other modes later as free updates, plus got no in-app hanky panks! This is a dollar worth spending!!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibosh View Post
Uh, considering the games these guys have put out this *should* be insta-buy, but this, really, really smells of an unfinished game being foisted on us. If it sells well they will flesh it out? Seriously? If this is a gaming model we have to look forward to then I for one won't be supporting it. The game needs to stand on its own the day it is released. iOS developers are using the ability to update (patch) after the fact first as a crutch, and now as a threat?

Don't give me any crap about the price of the game, I expect a finished game when I buy it, not "oh we will fix all those problems and add more game modes if sales warrant it".
This isn't a game that was released with unfinished assets and bugs all over the place. Yes, the tilt control is problematic, but what is here is very polished and high quality. The game with no updates is a lot of fun and certainly a finished product, but more modes will certainly be a welcome addition.

Pricing is a consideration because Real Racing 2 had a ton of content but was $5. This doesn't have as much, and for $5 I would be disappointed, but for a buck it is certainly worth it.