★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by masvil View Post
Sure, you mean a dream. A dream in which "big" reviewers follow game's evolution and update their review/rates. I hope they will start with Pixelbyte because of all good things you underlined. I hope they will wrote something like "this game will grow because... devs tell it" :-)
No... I don't mean that reviewers will update their reviews...

You're obviously not understanding... So I'll just stop.

BTW, Connector, I wanna know what it's like playing on TV! Only a couple more weeks til I'll get to see for myself! =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 01-03-2013 at 06:04 PM.
01-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Was excited to get this right away when it came out. I got Flashout 3D which I was not impressed with regarding the turning of the ship but this game has control problems as well. No matter how high you set the tilt sensitivity level to, the initial change in direction of the ship is always slow and sluggish and then when you finally turn more it goes way off which means it's extremely difficult to minor adjust. Touch controls are impossible for these games so I won't even talk about that. If the controls were better and there were weapons and more opponents I'd enjoy it. But looks like I'm deleting this soon.

01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilkarma View Post
Was excited to get this right away when it came out. I got Flashout 3D which I was not impressed with regarding the turning of the ship but this game has control problems as well. No matter how high you set the tilt sensitivity level to, the initial change in direction of the ship is always slow and sluggish and then when you finally turn more it goes way off which means it's extremely difficult to minor adjust. Touch controls are impossible for these games so I won't even talk about that. If the controls were better and there were weapons and more opponents I'd enjoy it. But looks like I'm deleting this soon.
I found the touch controls PERFECT. Once you get that the racers only need minor adjustments in order to make it through a track without crashing, the game gets a lot more manageable.

I'm generally not one for touch controls in racers, but here, I feel that it's been implemented perfectly.

BTW - I have my touch settings set to 70, which is perfect for me.

LOVIN IT!!

Really hope they don't touch the current controls, as by the time the update hits, people will have gotten use to them. But instead, that they add separate controls so that those of us who are attached to the current controls can keep playing the game with them as is.

01-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I found the touch controls PERFECT. Once you get that the racers only need minor adjustments in order to make it through a track without crashing, the game gets a lot more manageable.

I'm generally not one for touch controls in racers, but here, I feel that it's been implemented perfectly.

BTW - I have my touch settings set to 70, which is perfect for me.

LOVIN IT!!

Really hope they don't touch the current controls, as by the time the update hits, people will have gotten use to them. But instead, that they add separate controls so that those of us who are attached to the current controls can keep playing the game with them as is.
That's the problem though isn't it? Minor adjusting is terrible. The turning has some sort of controlled sensitivity depending on how hard you turn. It needs to be more sensitive when you try to minor adjust. You should be able to minor adjust with minimal tilting (you get less control if you have to tilt your device too much just to minor adjust), which these controls do not allow. I set mine from 50 to 70 to 80 and still nothing.
01-03-2013, 06:36 PM
I don't see it as a problem though... I guess is what I was getting at...

Not saying that your view is wrong by any means... And as always, the more control options, the better...

Just wanted to also state that I hope they also keep the current controls as is alongside any new control schemes they might add...

Hope they do add one that suits your play style so that you can enjoy the game though. It is great once you get into it. =o)

01-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Granted I only played 4 races but will definitely need to try some more lol
01-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Same here the touch controls in my opinion are perfect no problem whatsoever, the tilt controls on the other hand are insanely slow even with high sensitive and these are the ones that need serious tweaks
01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Well I redownload axl and flashout (hopefully flashouts update will fix FPS for touch 4 so I'm giving it some hope) I have touch controls where they were at when you first started the game I haven't touched the options I guess I'm use to it after axls control scheme.
01-03-2013, 09:56 PM
I switched to touch controls, and though it really feels almost like a different game with digital input as opposed to analogue, (I'll always prefer the latter for a game of this type for the ability to take smooth curves) I'm finding it to be highly enjoyable.

I honestly have to scratch my head at folks who feel that something that looks this good and runs at 60 FPS is not worth a dollar. Perspective: I used to put a dollar in arcade machines for games of similar quality (and depth!) for maybe a minute or two worth of gameplay.
01-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Perspective: I used to put a dollar in arcade machines for games of similar quality (and depth!) for maybe a minute or two worth of gameplay.
Not everyone new gen hv tht experience!