Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yep its frustrating the controls in the lite version are superb but not the full version

I've left a review of the lite one (5/5) on the app store but like other reviewers i've asked for Jeff to add the same controls to the full version.

If more people do this Jeff might do it ! You never know, if he doesnt answer emails etc i'm sure he'll read reviews of his games on the app store
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

It's definitely weird if the lite version has more options, however I have defintely gotten use to the standard controls in the full version. The game plays great with that. I don't need the novice controls, but if there's a new game mode too... well then add me to the list of people hoping he finally updates the full version.

Unlock is only 99 cents. Maybe I'll just buy it.

Just tried it. The 1:1 controls do make it easier, though perhaps not better. I'm undecided. However I like the survival mode.

Last edited by crunc; 01-04-2013 at 11:19 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I've left a review of the lite one (5/5) on the app store but like other reviewers i've asked for Jeff to add the same controls to the full version.
Good idea! Wait... OK, I've done the same right now :-)
Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by masvil View Post
I agree as well. A couple on months ago I sent a tweet to Jeff (it seems to be the only way to contact him directly) asking explanation about:
1. the reason why he didn't add that "novice" control to Gridrunner (full);
2. if he has plan to add it in the future.
... but he never replied.

Strange but true Gridrunner Free "Novice" controls implementation is undocumented in App Store description and Google+ post (see my comment too).

Yeah, that is the only explanation
Being a sucker I did just upgrade the FREE version even though I already owned the original...but how does one access the other modes besides Survival and Pure? Do I need to unlock them by hitting key score/level milestones in Pure or something?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 AM

Turn device sideways to access the two legacy versions. Casual mode will be available once you play past a few levels in Pure mode.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Just tried it. The 1:1 controls do make it easier, though perhaps not better. I'm undecided. However I like the survival mode.
The game was definitely designed with the original floaty controls in mind. Using "bulling" (I think that's what it's called) where you ram guys while invincible is too strong with the 1:1 you can just wipe the whole screen away. Erm I guess that's doable with expert but it at least takes a bit of practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
but how does one access the other modes besides Survival and Pure? Do I need to unlock them by hitting key score/level milestones in Pure or something?
Afaik, the only other one is Casual where you can continue your previous best game at levels 5, 9, 13, etc. There should be -/+ buttons on the sides of the "pure" button in the center once you make it to 5.

EDIT: @GregB whoops forgot those

Last edited by Athos; 01-04-2013 at 12:00 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
The game was definitely designed with the original floaty controls in mind. Using "bulling" (I think that's what it's called)
1:1 control in Gridrunner Free is called "Novice".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
where you ram guys while invincible is too strong with the 1:1 you can just wipe the whole screen away. Erm I guess that's doable with expert but it at least takes a bit of practice.
Can you tell the same for later levels? They are very hard.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I noted that it says the free "survival" version ramps up the difficulty hugely after level 8. Or at least I think that's what it's saying. If you buy the unlock, does survival mode no longer do that, or is that just how survival mode is?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
If you buy the unlock, does survival mode no longer do that, or is that just how survival mode is?
The 2nd you mention.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
Turn device sideways to access the two legacy versions. Casual mode will be available once you play past a few levels in Pure mode.
Doh! Never would have thought of that on my own!

UPDATE: Okay, which emulation mode of the Pure game you play is dependent on which way you have your landscape display oriented, i.e., home button on the right brings up a different mode than if you play with home button on the left of the screen.

Last edited by LordGek; 01-04-2013 at 05:17 PM..