Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-18-2013, 12:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Oh, and to all the people complaining about the free lite version:
Geez, cut the devs some slack, will you?

The only quibble I have with it is that they did not release a lite version right at the start, so folks who are on the fence can give it a shot.
You get a nice game - which others would sell as a full game for a few bucks, just in case you forgot that - and the prologue of the main game for free, to give it a shot and see if you like it.
And if you own the full version, you get a second game for free, see the part about other devs selling the Quest mode as full game above.
So what is your damn problem?

As for price:
Prices on iOS are so ridiculously low for games, I ABSOLUTELY don't see what people are complaining about. If you want any application - not just games - for a penny, you get what you pay for. But then, don't complain that all you get is crappy low-quality games...
Work on your entitlement issues, I mean it.

Many games - and I'd think Horn is one of them, big cheers for the devs here - have as much effort poured into them as software for the professional market. Take a look around the Appstore, and notice some of the prices for professional apps. 100+ Euros is common, and I have seen several that hit the 1000$ pricelimit of the Appstore.

I know how much effort can go into a well-developed game, and while I am part of a minority both in the iOS market in general and on TA specficially, I absolutely do not mind paying good bucks for good quality. Hell, if the iOS environment weren't as crazy and "race to the bottom" as it is, we would not have IAP nonsense, but decently priced games (say, Horn for 20€, Baldur's Gate for 40€ instead of 20€), and people would be cheering about the fantastic value they get for their money, instead of bitching about a game that costs less than 10€ being too expensive, and "we waitz till it be free".

So, rant over, had to get that out of my system. Back to enjoying the new Quest mode of the full version, which I gladly paid for.

Last edited by Sheinfell; 02-25-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
Oh, and to all the people complaining about the free lite version:
Geez, cut the devs some slack, will you?

The only quibble I have with it is that they did not release a lite version right at the start, so folks who are on the fence can give it a shot.
You get a nice game - which others would seel as a full game for a few bucks, just in case you forgot that - and the prologue of the main game for free, to give it a shot and see if you like it.
And if you own the full version, you get a second game for free, see the part about other devs selling the Quest mode as full game above.
So what is your damn problem?

As for price:
Prices on iOS are so ridiculously low for games, I ABSOLUTELY don't see what people are complaining about. If you want any application - not just games - for a penny, you get what you pay for. But then, don't complain that all you get is crappy low-quality games...
Work on your entitlement issues, I mean it.

Many games - and I'd think Horn is one of them, big cheers for the devs here - have as much effort poured into them as software for the professional market. Take a look around the Appstore, and notice some of the prices for professional apps. 100+ Euros is common, and I have seen several that hit the 1000$ pricelimit of the Appstore.

I know how much effort can go into a well-developed game, and while I am part of a minority both in the iOS market in general and on TA specficially, I absolutely do not mind paying good bucks for good quality. Hell, if the iOS environment weren't as crazy and "race to the bottom" as it is, we would not have IAP nonsense, but decently priced games (say, Horn for 20, Baldur's Gate for 40 instead of 20), and people would be cheering about the fantastic value they get for their money, instead of bitching about a game that costs less than 10 being too expensive, and "we waitz till it be free".

So, rant over, had to get that out of my system. Back to enjoying the new Quest mode of the full version, which I gladly paid for.
Yup... I really hate it when people complain about $7 premiums. $7 for a game like Ravensword 2 or Horn is cheap as hell. I abandoned my PS3 because of this reason. Plus, i can take the games with me anywhere. even SE's premiums like FF3 & 4 and the Chaos Rings titles are cheap for what they offer in return.

Ironically, most of those who think every game should be a buck are also the ones complaining of freemiums.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yup... I really hate it when people complain about $7 premiums. $7 for a game like Ravensword 2 or Horn is cheap as hell. I abandoned my PS3 because of this reason. Plus, i can take the games with me anywhere. even SE's premiums like FF3 & 4 and the Chaos Rings titles are cheap for what they offer in return.

Ironically, most of those who think every game should be a buck are also the ones complaining of freemiums.
Ditto. This, and RS2, are both well worth the money.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotovsky View Post
How many different routes quest mode has? I counted three.
Where does the third route open? Are there any special requirements (e.g. level=X) for it? I played through a few times, and only have 2 routes open.
I am only in the second area of the main game, with 2/6 quests completed, so maybe that influences it as well?

Also, did anyone figure this out:
When I started Quest mode the first time, it displayed a hint that "when I defeat the Titan at the end, I can restart Quest mode at a higher difficulty level" (or something like that, not sure if I remember it 100% right).
But so far I did not find any way to do this. After defeating the Titan, I always end up in the Keep where you can pick the reward doors with the "drops you X levels" requirements. So far I could only take the default door, and the one that costs you 5 levels. After picking a reward chest, I always arrive at the entry (Mother's Grotto) again, and no choice to pick a higher difficulty anywhere in sight.

Last edited by Sheinfell; 02-19-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 PM
iPad (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Anyone know when the sale is due to end?
Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 AM
iPad (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Today it seems, before Ianaged to buy it :/ (grabbed free version to try but hadnt time to try it out yet.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

unexpectedly good!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:40 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzo View Post
unexpectedly good!
Umm... seeing those screenshots and you didnt expect it to be at least good?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 AM

This game is free on ign this month in both uk and us. If you haven't checked this game out yet, I highly recommend you do. Install size is 1.9gb for those who like to know
Old 04-08-2013, 09:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Umm... seeing those screenshots and you didnt expect it to be at least good?
Honestly, I didn't expect anything good from Zynga.