Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibtang View Post
That sucks now. Oh well, I think the very least that I can request you all to do is to do a Facebook Like on the App Store or through the iPhone App Store application
It's unfortunate in that I know we'd all give a great and fair review. But I can understand why they do it--I've seen some hellacious astroturfing by developers and I'm certain they did it in part by distributing promo codes to different shill accounts.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Any IAPs?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Any IAPs?
Hi metalcasket,

Nope, currently no IAP since we are not sure what function would IAPs serve here in the game at the moment.

Last edited by gibtang; 01-07-2013 at 01:21 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
It's unfortunate in that I know we'd all give a great and fair review. But I can understand why they do it--I've seen some hellacious astroturfing by developers and I'm certain they did it in part by distributing promo codes to different shill accounts.
Yes, I agree. With 50 promo codes, they can get 50 astroturfed reviews, but that also hurts small indie developers like us.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:55 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
The graphics are rudimentary, as are the sounds. They are reminiscent of what I used to program more than 25 years ago. Re the sounds, some of them just plain do not fit the environment.

The game play mechanic does not present anything new.
Agreed. Both the art and sound effects are placeholder quality at best. The gameplay appears to neither offer anything new, nor even match the polish of similar titles. In fact, the whole effort rather reeks of a "me too!" attempt to pass off a mediocre (at best) game on the back of the recent popularity of Match 3/RPG hybrids. And hey - it seems to be working.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Agreed. Both the art and sound effects are placeholder quality at best. The gameplay appears to neither offer anything new, nor even match the polish of similar titles. In fact, the whole effort rather reeks of a "me too!" attempt to pass off a mediocre (at best) game on the back of the recent popularity of Match 3/RPG hybrids. And hey - it seems to be working.
Hi Gabrien,

Thanks for the honest review and I have already emailed a few sound guys to get their feedback about the sound effects for the game to brush it up. As for the art, we intend to improve on it further down the road and of course, add more polish to game. If you have any comments to add, please feel free to post it here or drop me an email at gibson@azukisoft.com or my persona email gibtang@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Any codes left? Course I am to laye like always LOL.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 AM

More promo codes would be nice, I'd test drive this game and report back here!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Oh man. There's $2.99 I'll never get back again.

This game has almost zero animation, none of the sound effects make any sense, matching cross bows, swords, or staves all yield the same action. There was no redeeming feeling of doing anything. I didn't feel like I was dealing damage or satisfyingly earning gold and xp (the main element to any game). The only feeling I got was "I need to close this, I can't keep playing this."

3 bucks was pretty steep, but you had me at 10000000 and Dungeon Raid/Puzzle Craft. Man, was I duped.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadax View Post
Oh man. There's $2.99 I'll never get back again.

This game has almost zero animation, none of the sound effects make any sense, matching cross bows, swords, or staves all yield the same action. There was no redeeming feeling of doing anything. I didn't feel like I was dealing damage or satisfyingly earning gold and xp (the main element to any game). The only feeling I got was "I need to close this, I can't keep playing this."

3 bucks was pretty steep, but you had me at 10000000 and Dungeon Raid/Puzzle Craft. Man, was I duped.
Hi shadax, I am sorry about that. If you still have the receipt, you can ask Apple for a refund

http://www.labnol.org/software/itune...refunds/13838/

Last edited by gibtang; 01-07-2013 at 01:13 PM..