Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 PM

Default The Villain

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 01-08-2013 at 04:54 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to Pman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Looks sweet so anyone tried it?
I agree! I hope someone posts here what they think of it.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Downloading now
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM

That didn't last long; the first main menu is not responsive but after several random taps proceeded to a level selection screen but I can't get it to register my taps the even play a level.

Edit: The app is titled "SGTest" on my iPod, which is also not very inspiring.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-06-2013 at 10:13 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
That didn't last long; the first main menu is not responsive but after several random taps proceeded to a level selection screen but I can't get it to register my taps the even play a level.

Edit: The app is titled "SGTest" on my iPod, which is also not very inspiring.
Try again, not only does it work fine for me, the game is kind of fun. Also from what I see, IAP free, which is worth its weight in gold. You control a character and can upgrade him and the spells he can take into battle.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 AM

No IAP?

WIN!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
Try again, not only does it work fine for me, the game is kind of fun. Also from what I see, IAP free, which is worth its weight in gold. You control a character and can upgrade him and the spells he can take into battle.
I deleted The Villian and reinstalled but still can't get the level selection screen to respond. Sometimes I can get it to move to the second page but so far never to respond to my attempts to select a level. I see you're on an iPad so may it might be that the game has problems with my iPod 5G's wide screen (?) or something but no luck here so far. I wondered if there wasn't some sort of quirky unusual way to select levels (double tap, swipe, hold finger down) but still nothing.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I deleted The Villian and reinstalled but still can't get the level selection screen to respond. Sometimes I can get it to move to the second page but so far never to respond to my attempts to select a level. I see you're on an iPad so may it might be that the game has problems with my iPod 5G's wide screen (?) or something but no luck here so far. I wondered if there wasn't some sort of quirky unusual way to select levels (double tap, swipe, hold finger down) but still nothing.
I gotta change that, I am back to an iPhone 4 again. I just tap the first level and go. Make sure you accidentally didn't hit the arrow to go to the next chapter page. Mine went 2 two, which was easy to figure out since they were all greyed out.

I am liking this more and more. It appears that gear and blue crystals will be awarded at the end of the level randomly if you repeat. The first chapter is kind of easy, I am in chapter 3 and the enemy has healing units. If you don't help your forces out, they get shredded up pretty quick.

No IAP and the quirkiness of the game are making it fun. I can see it being a little grindy and because of the currency used / test name - I wouldn't be surprised to see and IAP version in the future. I hope I am wrong and it sticks to the no IAP version.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

It just *looks* terrible to me, but so much good being said maybe I will give it a try?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
I gotta change that, I am back to an iPhone 4 again. I just tap the first level and go. Make sure you accidentally didn't hit the arrow to go to the next chapter page. Mine went 2 two, which was easy to figure out since they were all greyed out.
I just tried again and it is still not working on my iPod Touch 5G. I tap the blue level 1 indiacator and there is no response. I will be curious to see if any iPod/iPhone 5G users have luck getting this to work. No idea what is going on with my iDevice and The Villian app.