Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 PM
TouchArcade Bot TouchArcade Bot is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 0
Default The Villain





Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 01-08-2013 at 04:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Pman Pman is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 495
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Looks sweet so anyone tried it?
I agree! I hope someone posts here what they think of it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 PM
undeadcow undeadcow is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,759
Default

Downloading now
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
undeadcow undeadcow is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,759
Default

That didn't last long; the first main menu is not responsive but after several random taps proceeded to a level selection screen but I can't get it to register my taps the even play a level.

Edit: The app is titled "SGTest" on my iPod, which is also not very inspiring.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-06-2013 at 10:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 AM
jsrco jsrco is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
That didn't last long; the first main menu is not responsive but after several random taps proceeded to a level selection screen but I can't get it to register my taps the even play a level.

Edit: The app is titled "SGTest" on my iPod, which is also not very inspiring.
Try again, not only does it work fine for me, the game is kind of fun. Also from what I see, IAP free, which is worth its weight in gold. You control a character and can upgrade him and the spells he can take into battle.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 AM
markettantrik markettantrik is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Default

No IAP?

WIN!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 AM
undeadcow undeadcow is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
Try again, not only does it work fine for me, the game is kind of fun. Also from what I see, IAP free, which is worth its weight in gold. You control a character and can upgrade him and the spells he can take into battle.
I deleted The Villian and reinstalled but still can't get the level selection screen to respond. Sometimes I can get it to move to the second page but so far never to respond to my attempts to select a level. I see you're on an iPad so may it might be that the game has problems with my iPod 5G's wide screen (?) or something but no luck here so far. I wondered if there wasn't some sort of quirky unusual way to select levels (double tap, swipe, hold finger down) but still nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
jsrco jsrco is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I deleted The Villian and reinstalled but still can't get the level selection screen to respond. Sometimes I can get it to move to the second page but so far never to respond to my attempts to select a level. I see you're on an iPad so may it might be that the game has problems with my iPod 5G's wide screen (?) or something but no luck here so far. I wondered if there wasn't some sort of quirky unusual way to select levels (double tap, swipe, hold finger down) but still nothing.
I gotta change that, I am back to an iPhone 4 again. I just tap the first level and go. Make sure you accidentally didn't hit the arrow to go to the next chapter page. Mine went 2 two, which was easy to figure out since they were all greyed out.

I am liking this more and more. It appears that gear and blue crystals will be awarded at the end of the level randomly if you repeat. The first chapter is kind of easy, I am in chapter 3 and the enemy has healing units. If you don't help your forces out, they get shredded up pretty quick.

No IAP and the quirkiness of the game are making it fun. I can see it being a little grindy and because of the currency used / test name - I wouldn't be surprised to see and IAP version in the future. I hope I am wrong and it sticks to the no IAP version.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Xexist Xexist is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,757
Default

It just *looks* terrible to me, but so much good being said maybe I will give it a try?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-07-2013, 01:47 PM
undeadcow undeadcow is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
I gotta change that, I am back to an iPhone 4 again. I just tap the first level and go. Make sure you accidentally didn't hit the arrow to go to the next chapter page. Mine went 2 two, which was easy to figure out since they were all greyed out.
I just tried again and it is still not working on my iPod Touch 5G. I tap the blue level 1 indiacator and there is no response. I will be curious to see if any iPod/iPhone 5G users have luck getting this to work. No idea what is going on with my iDevice and The Villian app.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent