Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-25-2012, 05:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default awesome art!

I love the art of the pokemon!! Sign me up for the beta!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:16 AM

Default Beta testing

I would love to beta test hunter island!! I loved dragon island!!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:11 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
instead making another copycat why not do it in 3-d view,where you would be able to see pokemon in real time and who don't just appear from thin air.I would pay 15$ to play that game instead of this.If had to play the same game I would rather play it on a emulator.
I get what you're saying. That would be awesome if they did that

But I have to ask myself: what would it take for ZigZag Games to make THIS game along those suggestions you're making?

1.) A complete rewrite of the engine code.

2.) A complete re-drawing/re-creating of the art assets

3.) A completely different approach to sound design (there would need to be a ton more ambience, for example)

That sounds like making a completely new game from scratch. Personally, I'd rather they finish THIS game, AS THEY SPECIFIED IT'S GOING TO BE (as long as there are no massive glitches ) and THEN encourage them to make what you're suggesting, and it is a good suggestion. But, it isn't what they have already built for the game based off of the info in this thread, and there is no worse feeling than having to delete/shred/destroy fresh work and re-think an entire project.

Now, with that in mind....

I can totally see this game being an improvement over Dragon Island if the monster sprites changed 1.) when being attacked 2.) when attacking someone/something 3.) when at 50% health 4.) when at 25% health 5.) when afflicted with a status condition. Yes, that's drawing five or so extra sprites per monster, but that would improve the game by giving each monster their own visual personality, AND it is not asking the devs to abandon all their current progress.

Sincerely,

Mr. Album
Old 12-27-2012, 03:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Can't wait. Dragon Island is one of my all time favorite ios games.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:52 AM

So I have a story Idea, please give feedback? Forgive me if this doesn't connect right

There was an Island around centuries ago which had many creatures. One man may have discovered it while on a discovery trip. His ship crash lands on the Island, leaving him with only his resources. He notices these creatures all around and is fascinated by them. Then suddenly, is almost attacked by one. But one specific monster saves him. The man becomes friends with the monster that saved him. The monster and the man then explore the land, surprisingly (or it may not even come to a surprise) there are many other people who have trained the monsters on this Island. Fighting monsters came to be a tradition the man had learned from people there. Even other people have crash landed and now willingly choose to live there and have no complaints since they live on a island (has that paradise feel to it) The island never had a name to it, but the man had called it "Hunter Island"

Decades later the island becomes an attraction home to hundreds of monsters and also holds the "gran daddy" or "wrestlemania" of events if you will, "The Hunter Island tournament" (I thought it would be cool to have a tournament within the place that "started it all" if you know what I mean)

The monsters themselves became famous, and even have been transported around the globe to be pets or even used in international tournaments.

Oh and about the man, he is later revealed as your ancestor and you share a unique bond with him and also with the monster that saved him.
Then comes you. You are a mega Hunter Island wanting to become a monster trainer (that may sound cliche but please pardon XD)

For some specific reason when you go to the island expecting an attraction you're in for the thrill of your life when you go off course, lose the people you were with and go beyond the island's attractions. Just like your ancestor you are almost attacked and saved by a specific creature (the one of which is the exact same species that saved your ancestor) You then work your way around the island looking for monsters who could be possible allies and battle monsters that are enemies, (you can still capture your enemies and train them) So yea that was my idea. There may be something missing so you can point me out on it.

Last edited by comicx90; 01-04-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.x

Default Storyline idea

Ok, so you(main character) is a 13 year old boy/girl. He is visited in the night by a mystical being(legendary monster) with a distress call. The monster island has been overrun by a clan of enchanted statues called golem clan. The being shows him a vision of the chaos on the island, and the friendly monsters being slaughtered by the golems, and the more hostile monsters. It asks you to come to the island, and your character agrees.

Tbe next morning, he wakes up on a beach, only yards away from a monster village. He befriends one of three monsters(relations from pokemon) and that monster follows him everywhere. He discovers there are humans on the island as well. He meets a young girl/boy named Rose/Ryan. She/He instantly falls in love with the player and joins the players team with their monster. They together take over a nearby stronghold of golems and hostile monsters(or beasts) I will add more if anyone likes it.
I would like to sign up for beta testing.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Happy New Year Everyone!

Sorry for the lack of responses, I am a little tied up with Dragon Island update.

Thanks for the story suggestions, while we like them, some are a little too difficult to handle with our current engine and resources. But we will definitely take note of them for future game engine expansion. Others, we can incorporate into our game, as we have an idea now for a general theme. It was very helpful, thank you.

I will return to being a toucharcader once we finish with the DIB update.
Sorry if I missed any questions, little overwhelmed at the moment.

On a side note, we'd like to change up skills used by monsters in Hunter Island so that they don't feel the same.

any new skill ideas? (passive or active)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Open for Beta-testing:D

Would be an honor to beta test this game!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemys View Post
Would be an honor to beta test this game!
thanks! its not at beta stage yet, we will notify everyone once we get there.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:42 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hey guys,

New here, but just wanting to post my opinion about movement after reading many comments. You're likely pretty far in by now but my opinion is that a more free movement system would be a much better approach. I like the idea of freely exploring, like in Pokemon.

As far as the issue of being able to walk "around" important battles and avoid them, just think about how this was fixed in Pokemon.

In Pokemon, the NPC that handled the battle had a 'range'. If you walked into its line of sight, you would be stopped and the NPC would approach and battle you.

Why not simply add a range around the important battle and if the player enters the range, force them into the battle. The range can cover all possible areas (perhaps in a linear line) that the player could possibly walk through to avoid the battle.