Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default A little somethin' for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlePage View Post
And mapples .... (drooling at MapplyNorth's 29 mapples) .....
Anyone who wants to donate/trade mapples to me is very welcome. I don't have many rare planes to trade though, only those from mystery parts and the market.
Just sent you a pair of Mapples, Castlepage
That's a thank you for your most excellent and kind replies and strategies over the last few pages. Enjoy!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
Game Center points. Ahh wouldn't that be nice if they were bux?
Damn, I was hoping it was bux like Tiny Tower!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Update Ideas - Plane Wish List

Thought it would be fun to come up with a wish list for future rare plane additions:

* C-5 Galaxy (class 3): 2 passenger, 8 cargo; special ability to fill four cargo with one class-1 plane (imagine loading two fully loaded Sea Knights in the C-5)

* Space Shuttle (class 2): 3 passenger, 1 cargo; similar specs to Starship will make it expensive to fly, but it would look awesome, and being a class 2 plane will make it a good combo with...

* Cloudlifter 747 (class 3): 4 passenger, 6 cargo; similar to Cloudliner but with a single deck only; special ability to carry a single class-2 plane on top of the roof, in lieu of the 6 cargo

* V-22 Osprey: (class 2): 3 passengers, 3 cargo; first class 2 helicopter; similar to Sea Knight but faster and longer range

Here's my second idea: Imagine if we had global events where you had blue jobs plus the mystery parts were non-rare plane parts (either class 1 or class 2). The event would be to collect mystery parts to assemble the planes, and then use the C-5 or 747 to deliver planes to the event city. Instead of 50 jobs as the minimum, make it 50 jobs plus 10 or 20 event planes. And of course, the prize would be an ultra-rare plane like the C-130, Space Shuttle, etc...

Got plenty more but let's hear some of your ideas!

GC: matma92ser
Old 01-07-2013, 11:27 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by matma92ser View Post
Thought it would be fun to come up with a wish list for future rare plane additions:

* Space Shuttle (class 2): 3 passenger, 1 cargo; similar specs to Starship will make it expensive to fly, but it would look awesome, and being a class 2 plane will make it a good combo with...

Agreed, though don't see how it wouldn't be a Class 3 (Or even Class 4... ) Plane.

It would hold more too. 7 Passenger, 3 cargo at the very least, or there could also be a 3 passenger, 7 cargo version.

I'm hoping for a spaceshuttle too!

I would like to see Mystery Parts be a permanent (or more frequent) feature, not only during global events. But i guess that would make it real easy for people with 50-100 plane fleets to get everything super quick. My thought was that there could be a mystery part randomly as cargo with a random part inside, much like the random part you get when opening an airport.

I also think they could, in the future, evolve this game to include the original trains and add boats too.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wapp View Post
Agreed, though don't see how it wouldn't be a Class 3 (Or even Class 4... ) Plane.

It would hold more too. 7 Passenger, 3 cargo at the very least, or there could also be a 3 passenger, 7 cargo version.

I'm hoping for a spaceshuttle too!

I would like to see Mystery Parts be a permanent (or more frequent) feature, not only during global events. But i guess that would make it real easy for people with 50-100 plane fleets to get everything super quick. My thought was that there could be a mystery part randomly as cargo with a random part inside, much like the random part you get when opening an airport.

I also think they could, in the future, evolve this game to include the original trains and add boats too.
I've said it before… aircraft carrier.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:37 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I'd be all about landing planes on a moving air craft carrier!!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbaxter View Post
Just sent you a pair of Mapples, Castlepage
That's a thank you for your most excellent and kind replies and strategies over the last few pages. Enjoy!
Thank you LTBAXTER and SlightlyNorth for the mapples I'm over the moon.

I shall name them Baxtr and Larry and North and South (Or SlightlyNorth suggest a name?) after you all.

Last edited by CastlePage; 01-08-2013 at 03:00 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Still needing Concorde controls,

Have Concorde engine to trade
As well as many rare planes and any from the market

Please help
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Wow, a lot of posts to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrichards92 View Post
Bux Collection delivery?

Alright, I get the SEQM-Seoul and Shanghai, the SP/RdJ pair and the cross-connect in Cairo/Istanbul...
I understand how you collect bux in each city and then swap/layover the planes...
How do the actual deliveries get done? When/how do you send a plane in each direction to deliver?

xl: 28 (94k short of 29)
$: 556k
bux: 3200
thanks in advance...
With these 6 airports configuration, you should have 6 dedicated Aeros M or Sequoias M as Bux sitters, working in pair.

And a second fleet with other planes like Sequoias M or Cyclone Ms or whatever. They should go from one place to another. Take Bux layovers in airport A to airport B, fill the plane with coin job to the airport B and get the 25% bonus delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleheli View Post
My question is the following: would you recommend spending the coins on more slots before spending them on upgrading all my current airports, or vice versa? I know that I need to eventually do both, but unsure of which to do first. The airports that need upgrading are Paris, Istanbul, and Shanghai. I do also plan to open Rio/Sao Paulo for bux strategy in the future. Should I do this now or later?

Also, should I spend my current low amount of bux buying more Sequoia parts, or should I save them, with the thought that I have a decent amount of Sequoias already?

If I receive advice to go with more plane slots first, what planes should I use? More Sequoias? Wait for Cloudliners?

Thanks for the advice, all. You guys have been a huge help.
Quote:

EDIT: Just checked Rusty Snowman and it looks like a fully range-upgraded Sequoia will reach Rio but not Sao Paulo from Istanbul. Perhaps I will wait until I have Cloudliners or Cyclones to open up those two airports.
Hey, Castlepage and others have responded already, but I'll add my 2 cents anyway, even if it's more or less the same answer

1/ Update your airports fully beginning with the extreme ones.
2/ Buy a few more plane slots when you can.
3/ add sequoias or aeros M. Don't upgrade them unless needed.
4/ Make coins
5/ Once you feel coins are flowing in, have upgraded all your airports, and have about 20 plane slots, you can upgrade your planes
6/ Add Rio/SP and Cairo to the mix
7/ and then focus on the Bux strategy, less on coins.

Quote:
Wow, excellent breakdown, CastlePage, thank you. I'll respond to each of your points in turn:

4. LA/NY isn't an ideal twin-hub situation, I'll definitely concede that. However, LA is in the equation to get the high bux/coin jobs to Seoul/Shanghai. Chicago could work...but that's more coins. However, if the consensus is to open Chicago as well, I'll do it. I'll wait for more feedback on that one.

5. Ew, that Cloudliner split is startlingly bad. The Sequoia job-fill time is more in-line with what I'm looking for than a longer Cloudliner wait. Great commentary on the differences though, thanks!
I also have LA/NY, got rid of Chicago. I like LA for its high Bux jobs. It's the exception to the dual hub. I just fly the LA Bux plane to unload layovers in NY. But I don't swap it with the NY Bux sitter, this one goes to Paris unload. And I send them back quickly without filling them up.

And yes focus on Sequoias first, then once you need speed or less coins, turn to Cyclones, Cloudliners don't work well in this strategy.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
Dude it's because when I read a post from you, all I hear is :
"Chewbacca: Gggggaaaaaaarrrrr. Arrrrhhhn! Ggggr gaarrr grrn rrhnn. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh! "
I have literally 30 pages of posts to catch up on, but wanted to say that this cracked me up. Plus, thanks for all the greetings thrown in there too guys. I laughed, and felt warm and fuzzy.

Now to read and catch up...

Edited to add: Done catching up. Wow. You guys are a funny bunch! I love all of the great pics, keep them coming! Great advice given too, thanks all. I'm sorry that I didn't get to say Bye to Misha!!

Last edited by Chewbacca; 01-08-2013 at 09:51 AM..