★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Welcome to Die!

View Poll Results: Coke or Pepsi
Coke 50 75.76%
Pepsi 16 24.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll
01-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post

He released his grip whilst bringing it up to his ear.
Ah. Ok, now it makes sense.
01-12-2013, 01:50 PM
To be honest, every sport is intelligent and strategic so this arguement is flawed.

01-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
To be honest, every sport is intelligent and strategic so this arguement is flawed.
Running.
01-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Because running is so maddeningly strategic.

I was in a panic the other day, over who my football team was going to hire as their next head coach.

We retained the current coach, and it made me sick, because I know, his bad sideline management, coaching, clock management, and everything else he does, will have a negative impact on the next season.

A day later, we get a really solid general manager.

But then, our offensive coordinator is fired. I didn't like the man. He was an idiot. He called bad, UNINTELLIGENT plays, and that's what has doomed this team for the last two years.

Now I'm stressing who they'll hire as the new OC, because it's so goddamn important that we get someone intelligent, who does shit right.

His play calling, if even slightly poor, as in, not intelligent, has and will cost the team the game.

The quarterback coach was fired, because Cam Newton's FOOTWORK, which you may think is meaningless, was slightly bad, resulting in some bad throws.

The wide receiver coach was fired, because people weren't running their routes perfectly.

Linebacker coach. Bad coverage.

Tight end coach. Bad route running.

None of those have anything to do with their actual athletisism. Their intelligence, and intelligence, or lack of, of the players they are coaching, was why they were fired.

The managers of the game. Intelligence is beyond important to football.

Then comes the players. I don't feel like typing much more on this, but I'll sum it up saying that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, the two best to EVER play, are NOT successful because of their athletic throwing arm.

It's their intelligence. Their so damn smart.

Tony Romo, good athlete. He can easily make the throws Brady can. But he sucks. Because he's an idiot. His split second decisions screw the team every drive.

The Oregon ducks, which is a NCAA (college) team, not the NFL.. I'm a huge fan of their head coach. He runs the offense. The players could SUCK and it wouldn't matter. Because he's so damn SMARTTT. He wins games by calling solid plays. It doesn't matter who the quarterback is because of what a mind F the team is to the defense.

I could go on, and on. I could go into insane detail on specific plays. I could write a book, on the intelligence and strategy that goes into a single play.

You can write a book on Soccer too. It would be called something like this "How to dribble. How to dribble some more.".

Soccer is all fine and dandy, but the one thing it's not, is strategic. The players have a lot of skill, but they need no intelligence.

I could love soccer, and this would still be my argument. It's not opinion, it's fact.
01-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Killjoy, your opinion is biased because you're an American. Face it, you love American football so much that you can't respect other sports. If you would, you wouldn't talk so much crap about football. All I argued about was the name. You're crossing the line and acting like a douche and arguing of things I didn't even argue about.

Yes, running needs a strategy. You need to know how to run well. For example, you can't just run 400m all straight with full power. You need to strategise when you use the most power etc.
01-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Killjoy, your opinion is biased because you're an American. Face it, you love American football so much that you can't respect other sports. If you would, you wouldn't talk so much crap about football. All I argued about was the name. You're crossing the line and acting like a douche and arguing of things I didn't even argue about.
I'm biased to football, because I'm an American, and you're not biased to soccer?

God, who's a nationalist again?

You knocked the intelligence of my football, so I corrected you in a long winded manner.

Quote:
Yes, running needs a strategy. You need to know how to run well. For example, you can't just run 400m all straight with full power. You need to strategise when you use the most power etc.
So you guys are good at breathing.

Look, I like to argue. This is nothing personal against you. But you knock my sport and country, ima knock back. Even if it's light hearted.

You're bitchin as much as I am, but without any actual depth, reason, or logic. Mine just happens to be a long post, consisting of such things.

Last edited by k1lljoy_89; 01-12-2013 at 02:27 PM.
01-12-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm not biased to soccer and I never said American football is not intelligent. I actually said all sports are... I would give more in depth arguments, but I was iMessaging 2133 at the same time and now I'm gonna go watch YouTube videos.

Oh and the nationalist part was towards those "I'm american, don't give an F what other countries do, I'm just gonna argue how what my country created is best" and not at the ones where you were just biased to the spot you love. Oh and yeah, I guess I am biased too, but that doesn't make me a nationalist and I can still appreciate other sports unlike you. Well your comments at least give me that feeling.

Oh and by other sports I mean, you can appreciate basketball, but not soccer.

Last edited by LOLavi; 01-12-2013 at 02:40 PM.
01-12-2013, 03:17 PM
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm from New Zealand, and American Football isn't played professionally here...Rugby is played in New Zealand....lots
01-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
I'm not biased to soccer and I never said American football is not intelligent. I actually said all sports are... I would give more in depth arguments, but I was iMessaging 2133 at the same time and now I'm gonna go watch YouTube videos.
You are as biased as I am.

What if I told you I played soccer when I was 11. It was after breaking my collarbone in football, and needing something that wouldn't break it again while it recovered. I never touched a soccer ball again. It bored me to death.

I then went back to football (I was/am starting quarterback) for four years, until, again, I broke that same collarbone, and haven't gone back yet. I doubt I will.

I have also played baseball, and basketball in the football offseason. I like both those sports and im good at them. But I can say, and I do, that baseball requires very little intelligence, and little to no strategy.

Basketball doesn't need near as much as football either. But i personally think it requires a bit more skill and awareness. Damn hard game to play effectively, and I'm not talking about the actual shooting.

Soccer is just neither of those. I had/have no skill whatsoever at the game of soccer. But I competed because I can run like a mother ******. I rarely scored, because I sucked at kicking.

I think my team lost ONE game the whole year. They were all significantly better than me at kicking and defending, therefore we were a good team. I could find a video of me playing that year. And all the other sports.

No one had a clue wtf they were doing other than kicking. And passing. And kicking again. And passing.

I've played tennis and racket ball too, although not actually "professionally".

I've also skateboarded my entire life.

I'm not biased.

Quote:
i never said American football is not intelligent
You said
Quote:
"soccer" is just more fun and requirs more actual intelligent.
So I explained why that's not so.

Quote:
Oh and the nationalist part was towards those "I'm american, don't give an F what other countries do, I'm just gonna argue how what my country created is best" and not at the ones where you were just biased to the spot you love. Oh and yeah, I guess I am biased too, but that doesn't make me a nationalist and I can still appreciate other sports unlike you. Well your comments at least give me that feeling.
I do hope that what i just said proves that I CAN and DO respect EVERY other sport

Quote:
Oh and by other sports I mean, you can appreciate basketball, but not soccer.
You assume that immaturely. See above explanation.