Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

This was the best thing since slice bread when it came out in 1988 (Amiga) by a company called faster than light. It was originally extremely hard to get on the Amiga when it first came out and I had to find it in an import shop in London and I paid 35 for it, which was a fortune for a game then. The most I had ever paid and it was years before I paid that again. I thought it was worth every penny then so it must be worth 1.49 in 2013

Last edited by GaZ-OiD; 01-07-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 01:25 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

http://stanislavs.tripod.com/games/dmspells.htm

That link should help with the spell symbols in Dungeon Master.
The graphics have obviously been upgraded over the original but still plays really well on ipad.

Update: After several hours playing casting certain spells now crashes the game constantly.

Last edited by Captive; 01-07-2013 at 04:50 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 04:18 PM

I remember buying this way back then too on the Atari ST..I had to import it from US.

Dungeon Master is still my favourite game!

Any more people playing it?

Cheers.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captive View Post
[url]http://stanislavs.tripod.com/games/dmspells.htm[/url]

That link should help with the spell symbols in Dungeon Master.
The graphics have obviously been upgraded over the original but still plays really well on ipad.

Update: After several hours playing casting certain spells now crashes the game constantly.

Same problem, it happend when the caster level up...
Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Damn, I've just bought this and now I found out its crashing. Crap
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

The only crash I've gotten so far is if you try to identify a Heath potion By the person whom made it, will cause a crash constantly. Anyone else identifying it works fine. It must be that the empty flask sudden changed into a different item that causes the confusion.

Hopefully we get some bug fix updates. If we don't; then I still have dungeon master on my iPad.

Funny that this shows up out of left field, when supposedly 2 or 3 other developers have been "working" on trying to bring it to IOS for over a year
Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I'm sure I'll be verbally abused by saying this, but am I alone in not enjoying Dungeon Master? I got it when it came out, IIRC that was during the dark ages of PC roleplaying (which began in the early mid 90's 'till Baldur's Gate, or maybe a bit earlier, Daggerfall). Something about the semi realtime component put me off, and I thought it felt pretty generic and lacking in character.

Now could someone PRETTY PLEASE update and port Darklands for goodness sakes? If someone could actually remake it, it has the potential to be one of the greatest games ever. Well, it's still, in it's sorry DOS state, a top 30 RPG IMO.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
The only crash I've gotten so far is if you try to identify a Heath potion By the person whom made it, will cause a crash constantly. Anyone else identifying it works fine. It must be that the empty flask sudden changed into a different item that causes the confusion.

Hopefully we get some bug fix updates. If we don't; then I still have dungeon master on my iPad.

Funny that this shows up out of left field, when supposedly 2 or 3 other developers have been "working" on trying to bring it to IOS for over a year
There is another consistent potion-related crash as well: holding an empty bottle over a water fountain and letting go.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I'm sure I'll be verbally abused by saying this, but am I alone in not enjoying Dungeon Master? I got it when it came out, IIRC that was during the dark ages of PC roleplaying (which began in the early mid 90's 'till Baldur's Gate, or maybe a bit earlier, Daggerfall). Something about the semi realtime component put me off, and I thought it felt pretty generic and lacking in character.

Now could someone PRETTY PLEASE update and port Darklands for goodness sakes? If someone could actually remake it, it has the potential to be one of the greatest games ever. Well, it's still, in it's sorry DOS state, a top 30 RPG IMO.
I'd DEFINITELY be down for a Darklands port or a remake! That game is incredible! I still miss my uber alchemist.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post

This was the first of it's type released in '87 for the Atari ST, so as a landmark game it's pretty valued. It was a lot earlier than the other RPGs you mentioned.