Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by masvil View Post
So currently the only way to know are reviews and forums, right?
Is there a (un)official omni-comprehensive always-updated list?
We are looking for a volunteer to start a wiki list. There are plenty of fans on this thread that will help fill it in.

Other that whether a game has iCade support, it would also be great to know things like screen orientation, menu support (manipulate menus with iCade), whether virtual controls disappear when iCade detected, button config options present, compatibility with various iCade models.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
As I understand it, Apple objected to games mentioning the need for added hardware at first (maybe an old rule to help make sure touch-only gaming would take off?) but not any more. I believe it's fine to mention iCade now.

The best list currently is probably the official one here:

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/icade-games

It's not everything, but it's pretty close, and it notice that does get updated semi-regularly. As near as I can tell, Ion's developer info (a simple PDF) doesn't invite developers to send their additions to that list! So I'm not sure how Ion finds them. Maybe they read this thread Or developers take it upon themselves to notify Ion. Seems like Ion could be more direct about reminding developers to submit to that list.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Good to know Wimp will support it, I even got it for free, and played a bit and it's a pretty great platform game. My sister might like it too though perhaps it's too challenging for that.

A wiki list would be great, maybe divided in genres etc as well, or if possible optionally sorting them by popularity kind of like appshopper sorts its games display, scrolling a simple list like the official isn't that useful.

Still waiting for the iCade here, it should have arrived today but it didn't. Hopefully this week though.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
used to be this thread when i had time to update it
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Just a quick question, how do game dev like us able to add icade support?
Thanks!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Thought I posted here before, but can't find it. Does icade work with hdmi tv? I think maybe I want to try icade, but only if I can play with my bigscreen tv. And is there a wireless icade I can play so I can play with a wireless icade controller on my tv using my ipad as a console?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Thought I posted here before, but can't find it. Does icade work with hdmi tv? I think maybe I want to try icade, but only if I can play with my bigscreen tv. And is there a wireless icade I can play so I can play with a wireless icade controller on my tv using my ipad as a console?
Yeah. iCade connects wirelessly through Bluetooth, so you can plug an hdmi cable to your device and connect it to your tv. I've tried this with my iPad2 and my iCade as I had to add support for a second screen to Vector Star Brawl in order to fully support the upcoming Gamedock controller. It works perfectly, so any game that supports an external screen and iCade should work too.

@touchten Get the sdk at https://github.com/scarnie/iCade-iOS
With a small modification you can add support for Gamedock too... Also, do check Simul80 http://kode80.com/osx-apps/simul80/ to use the Mac keyboard as an iCade controller, or even USB joypads. It's great when you are testing... especially if you don't have an iCade, and it can also simulate any controller of its kind...
Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks, and is there such thing as a wireless bluetooth icade controller that I can use with my ipad without jailbreaking?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplr View Post
used to be this thread when i had time to update it
Thanks for getting us started anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchten View Post
Just a quick question, how do game dev like us able to add icade support?
Thanks!
iCade is simply a keyboard of sorts, but with different "letters" pressed for buttonup and buttondown:

http://www.ionaudio.com/downloads/IO...rce%20v1.5.pdf

Quote:
All iCade games work with my HDMI projector (at least with iPad 2 or newer) because the iPad mirrors all games. I fiddle with the picture size a bit to make it bigger, but it works.

That's partly why I wish I had a lap-friendly iCade Core instead of the full cabinet.

Quote:
Thanks, and is there such thing as a wireless bluetooth icade controller that I can use with my ipad without jailbreaking?
iCades are always Bluetooth. All models. And no jailbreak needed. (Jailbreak comes into play only when people want to add iCade support to games where the developer didn't build in iCade support.)

Last edited by Adams Immersive; 01-08-2013 at 12:32 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

How does connecting via HDMI differ from Airplay (I have an Apple TV 2)? Also, anyone know if an iPad mini iCade is in the works?