Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
As your communication with Madfinger is effectively zero, I doubt if you've any legitimate source for any of that information other than your own bias.
Stop trying to turn the thread into something else.
Its neither necessary nor entertaining and try and obey the rules you yourself post in every Madfinger thread since the original Dead Trigger debacle thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I see a thread filled with reports and a front page story filled with horrible comments in the smoke. You have to look closely to see them.
Quote:
Madfinger games are beyond notorious for causing a ridiculous amount of trouble here for forum moderators and those of us responsible for keeping the front page comments clean.
Quote:
1. Put a "2" on the box.
2. Reset everyone's progress to zero, effectively.
3. ?
4. Profit.
I hope I don't offend anyone here, but who seems to be the trouble-cause so far?

And on a separate note, can mods actually ban/suspend you if you break your own rules?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_dabinski View Post
I hope I don't offend anyone here, but who seems to be the trouble-cause so far?

And on a separate note, can mods actually ban/suspend you if you break your own rules?
The two pages of deleted posts, mostly.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:

You weren't here for the original Dead Trigger thread. A lot of us are preparing for round 2
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I just realized you have 1.25 million posts. Holy cow.

Regardless, there must be some sort of compensation to players who played the first game. Maybe some sort of awesome weapon to people who made an account before a certain date.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This thread is bringing back memories from May 2012 like it was yesterday...

Now taking bets on the number of bans/timeouts that will be dished out. Also wagering on the number of deleted posts

I think I might just abstain and observe the carnage from the sidelines, though. I really think that DT2 could be fun if a lot of things were changed/added, most notably co-op, better map design (this is really important) and at least 5 very different zombie types (also very important). The original just was a disappointment in so many ways and just left a bad taste in my mouth after the freemium switch.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:56 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Which part of arcade & addictive don't you understand?
I understand everything, Arcade means now many things, from a game mode to the gameplay itself, the fact that is arcade doesn't mean it won't be story driven.

Arcade can be opposite to realistic, Mortal Kombat 9 has arcade gameplay, but it has a story, UFC undisputed has a career mode and it's not arcade, do you follow?

No need to get spasmodic just yet buddy.

Last edited by Darth Nihilus; 01-07-2013 at 08:58 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Hannahan View Post
I'm willing to bet that there will be no multiplayer in this one. Otherwise it probably would have been announced. That would be a huge draw for the game...obviously. I hope I'm wrong though, co-op mode would be nice.
Well, taking into consideration how many people begged, demanded and asked for the co-op for the 1st one, I think it's pretty imperative that they add it in this one.

Plus, nothing really substantial has been said about the game, let's not discard it right away.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh well...two pages of deleted posts? As in here or the original Dead Trigger thread that many are talking about? I have been following this thread since almost the first day and can't recall seeing many (any, even) posts being deleted.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
I understand everything, Arcade means now many things, from a game mode to the gameplay itself, the fact that is arcade doesn't mean it won't be story driven.
Pardon my naivety then. I was under the impression that arcade games almost never have storylines.

In any case, if this game was either story-driven or had co-op, it would have been roundly stated as such in the press release since these two will make it vastly different compared to the original game and will lead to much praise. The fact they don't mention it means these are not getting into DT2.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Pardon my naivety then. I was under the impression that arcade games almost never have storylines.

In any case, if this game was either story-driven or had co-op, it would have been roundly stated as such in the press release since these two will make it vastly different compared to the original game and will lead to much praise. The fact they don't mention it means these are not getting into DT2.
Well yeah, think about it, even the games in the arcade machines had a storyline most times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it wasn't a "press release" of DT2, they were showcasing Nvidia and they used the "DT2 footage" for it, read MFGs themselves, they said they built that demo specifically for that presentation, they did not say anything about the game itself, so you can say the game won't have those features, but the truth is that you don't know.

Closed Thread