★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dead Trigger 2 - (by MADFINGER Games, a.s.)[Universal]

01-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Meh maybe later on but most of the graphical games are still pretty choppy and not worth upgrading for. Infinity blade series plays good on touch 4 so why can't others. Its just apple making people have to buy new hardware its ridiclous
It's not Apple who makes these games...

The gamers-consumers demand more and more > developers make that (example: open world, better graphics, better effects) > which requieres a better device

I wouldn't like to be the one that holds the mobile gaming evolution back, would you?
01-08-2013, 01:30 PM
More demo footage...


Currently Playing - This War of Mine, Alphabear, Lara Croft GO

01-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
It's not Apple who makes these games...

The gamers-consumers demand more and more > developers make that (example: open world, better graphics, better effects) > which requieres a better device

I wouldn't like to be the one that holds the mobile gaming evolution back, would you?
Yeah at first when my iPad 1 started to be incompatible with games because it wasn't powerful enough, I used to deny it, and convince myself it was powerful enough, like when games like Bastion were incompatible, I used to looks at pictures and think, "if my iPad 1 is powerful enough to run mc3 well, why can't it support this?" In the end I accepted that it was an old device and bought the iPad 4
01-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Super Earth - Our Home.
Posts: 5,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
Yeah at first when my iPad 1 started to be incompatible with games because it wasn't powerful enough, I used to deny it, and convince myself it was powerful enough, like when games like Bastion were incompatible, I used to looks at pictures and think, "if my iPad 1 is powerful enough to run mc3 well, why can't it support this?" In the end I accepted that it was an old device and bought the iPad 4
The difference between upgrading from an iPad 1 to an iPad 4 and upgrading from an iPod Touch 4 to an iPod Touch 5 is that one you're going from old hardware to the newest hardware, whereas with the other you're going from old hardware to still two year old hardware. The iPod Touch 5 is pretty much an iPad 2 with a few thousand pixels less and a much smaller form factor.
01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Guess iPod touch 4 users will be left in the dust....oh what will we do.....
Upgrade when you can afford it

Drat!
01-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
The difference between upgrading from an iPad 1 to an iPad 4 and upgrading from an iPod Touch 4 to an iPod Touch 5 is that one you're going from old hardware to the newest hardware, whereas with the other you're going from old hardware to still two year old hardware. The iPod Touch 5 is pretty much an iPad 2 with a few thousand pixels less and a much smaller form factor.
Yeah but I'm just saying that people need to accept when their device is beginning to get old, rather than complaining and leaving 1 star reviews when it lags
01-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Super Earth - Our Home.
Posts: 5,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
Yeah but I'm just saying that people need to accept when their device is beginning to get old, rather than complaining and leaving 1 star reviews when it lags
True, but at the same time apple needs to make the idea of upgrading more compelling.

They also need to update iTunes to let devs select EXACTLY which devices are supported, so that bad reviews from people who can't read the first paragraph of the game/app description don't happen anymore. (perhaps add a thumbs up/thumbs down system for reviews as well)
01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: The rainbow-fuelled nightmare of my mind
Posts: 2,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Leave one-star reviews on iTunes like with RS2! Yeah!

Seriously though you might want to consider upgrading, iPod 4 is looking a lot like the iPod 2 did a few years ago.
Sucks that apple decided to keep the iTouch 4 for 2 years...guess they want more of my money
01-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
True, but at the same time apple needs to make the idea of upgrading more compelling.

They also need to update iTunes to let devs select EXACTLY which devices are supported, so that bad reviews from people who can't read the first paragraph of the game/app description don't happen anymore. (perhaps add a thumbs up/thumbs down system for reviews as well)
That system has been in place for as long as I can remember with the "Was this review helpful to you? Yes/no" function. The problem is that when you view the App Store from an iOS device, you can't access the function. Secondly reviews are sorted with the newest first on iOS, rather than by "most helpful" as they are by default in the desktop version.
01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
True, but at the same time apple needs to make the idea of upgrading more compelling.

They also need to update iTunes to let devs select EXACTLY which devices are supported, so that bad reviews from people who can't read the first paragraph of the game/app description don't happen anymore. (perhaps add a thumbs up/thumbs down system for reviews as well)
I think they do have the ability to do that, because some apps have specific correct requirements at the side, but some don't, so I think it's maybe a case of developers not realising they can do it and instead just say about it in the description