Pokemon Black/White Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Watabou, Mar 7, 2011.

?

What starter did you choose?

1. Snivy

41.7%
  2. Oshawott

37.5%
  3. Tepig

20.8%
  1. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Sure, I can help you if you want. :)

2. ActiveX

ActiveX Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Right behind you.
    Great, let's message with friend codes. :)

3. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    #363 bmdino, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
    Watabou - Will you create a new thread for BW 2 or will you edit?

Oh, and my friend may have found a hint in regards to a Ruby/Sapphire remake.She cheats on most Pokemon games, and when she got all of the items, the contest scarves showed up in her inventory. You cannot obtain them in Black and White, nor can you send items over from 3rd of 4th gen. This leads me to believe that there will be a legitimate way to obtain them, and their only uses are raising sheen for contests.

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    That seems a little odd though. Why would you want things transferred back to the old game. Wouldn't it make more sense to transfer over from 1 to 2?

5. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    That's the problem. I've spent so much time transferring from the SoulSilver and Platinum games... It would waste more time transferring to BW 2.. I think there's a possibility that we can only have a certain amount of Pokemon in BW 2, maybe a team plus another team only available (twelve Pokemon). Seems like a continuation to me-- that would make sense.

We'll see soon enough. Very excited!

6. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Have you not seen the blue and red gems on the covers to the games :rolleyes:.

7. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    #367 bmdino, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    Oh, I see now. It was the same way with DPT though. The rage candy bar was in the games files to prevent there being any hassle if you wanted to trade a Pokemon from HG/SS while it was holding the item. Remember trading from Red/Blue to Gold/Silver? Many people found it a pain that you could not send items or half of the moves in the games over. Ever since then, it's been so much more streamlined. If you wanna transfer a Pokemon from 1 gen to the next, you can only send it one way. Plus the items have been included in the games files. Therefore you cannot get it legitimately until the new games come out.

Oh wow! I just checked the box-art and I cannot believe I missed that!

8. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Black2/White2 have been released in Japan. From what I have seen of the coverage, they actually look like a good follow-up.

Warning, this site has a ton of spoilers!
    http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

9. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    I've been already playing it and so far, I like it a lot. Everything's redesigned, especially the gyms. Each gym has its own little music too.

Can't wait for the English version though. Apparently, it's going to be releasing this Fall, which is a short amount of time compared to past versions

10. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I'm so excited to get Black 2 this weekend. I need to charge up my DS phat for many hours of playing ;).

11. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    Anyone catch the trailer for Pokemon X and Y yet?

I'm freaking stoked. The Y legendary looks really badass.

It's out on October 2013 but honestly, I'm just happy that we are all getting it on the same day.

My 3DS is currently rotting with dust so I'm excited to finally use it again.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, I'll probably be getting a 3DS (XL) again when the time comes. Looks incredible.

13. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    It does look incredible. I can't wait to see what they do with the routes. Full 3D routes with different places to explore! Can't wait for that. :D