Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Time Surfer by Kumobius (Universal)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 01-09-2013 at 02:04 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Got to beta test this... Freakin great Tiny Wings type game with some awesome upgrades (pets) and powerups and that time rewind mechanic is so great, especially for someone like me who just couldn't click with Tiny Wings gameplay no matter how hard I tried... I screw up a lot, and being able to rewind time to fix a crappy jump is great. I suck at these kind of games, but Time Surfer kept me hooked, especially over the last couple weeks (it was a lot easier also beta testing a couple other games, and having to go into sandbox mode in GC anyway...)

Blah blah blah. You guys that have Beans Quest know how high Kumobius's production levels are... Don't think, just hit buy.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

If there's a more talented and more dedicated developer on the app store, I'd love somebody to point me in their direction. These guys just know what makes a game fun and how to implement it. You could talk about genre, and style, and different strokes, but none of that is particularly relevant here. This is pure gaming. Done right.

I was disappointed to see inclusion of IAP, but hard to tell at an early stage to what extent it is intrusive.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

It's up.

Edit: My Internet is slow.

Last edited by Baron Cappuccino; 01-08-2013 at 10:07 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 10:15 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Woot! A nice early Birthday present for me. Happy to get this today!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:28 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
If there's a more talented and more dedicated developer on the app store, I'd love somebody to point me in their direction. These guys just know what makes a game fun and how to implement it. You could talk about genre, and style, and different strokes, but none of that is particularly relevant here. This is pure gaming. Done right.

I was disappointed to see inclusion of IAP, but hard to tell at an early stage to what extent it is intrusive.
Please tell me that "IAP" is a typo error!?! If its true then how do they effect the gameplay....what a silly question.....how stupid of me to be questioning this game I know very little about it..have not played a second of it but I like what I see and SV said don't think just buy!!! I must!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Please tell me that "IAP" is a typo error!?! If its true then how do they effect the gameplay....what a silly question.....how stupid of me to be questioning this game I know very little about it..have not played a second of it but I like what I see and SV said don't think just buy!!! I must!!!
The iap is cake. It's an in game currency. You can get it just by playing, you can get it by liking on Facebook and using twitter, and you can buy it. I guess it's related to pets, but I'm still figuring the game out.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Cappuccino View Post
The iap is cake. It's an in game currency. You can get it just by playing, you can get it by liking on Facebook and using twitter, and you can buy it. I guess it's related to pets, but I'm still figuring the game out.
So we shall have our cake and eat it too!!!
Thanks for letting us know. Think I'll wait until tomorrow to see what the verdict will be on this game....
Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

If I had to compare the game to anything, it'd probably be Punch Quest, in that it's a quirky endless with seemingly unobtrusive iap that's made by well respected devs. It is fun, though I'm still learning the mechanics- never played a surfer. Was nice seeing Axolotl again.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

As Gabrien said, Kumobius is a developer who has met and surpassed all promises and expectations in regards to Bean's Quest.

And if that isn't enough, then wow does the gameplay every look insane!