★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The #1 RPG in over 25 countries worldwide!

ZENONIA® 5: Wheel of Destiny
The Definitive Action RPG Returns!

Long ago, a great war was fought to restore peace and harmony to mankind. But as the years passed, greed and selfishness corrupted the hearts of man. The elite rich began to exploit the poor and great darkness came over the kingdom.
Then, from the ruins of a slum village, rises a hero destined for greatness
Immerse yourself once again in the best action RPG for mobile. Defeat impossible bosses and unravel the mysteries in stunning HD!

INTUITIVE VISCERAL COMBAT
Play like youve never played before as each action sequence syncs in tune with your second by second reflexes and reactions!

FOUR THRILLING CLASSES OF HEROES
Experience the game through four different heroes: Berserker, Mechanic, Wizard and Paladin- with the unique strengths and special moves!

DYNAMIC ACTION RPG GAMEPLAY
Customize, level up and equip your hero with a massive array of options and skill charts as you delve into the mysteries of Deva Castle!

FACE OFF IN GLOBAL PvP
Take on challenges as you play in asynchronous PvP with characters from all over the world. Reap the rewards in the Abyss as you discover rare and legendary items!

EXPLORE NEW WORLDS AND CHALLENGES
With hundreds of side quests and adventures, the story and challenges never end. Discover new items and rewards as you dive into the mysteries of ZENONIA® 5!

PERMISSIONS

Read Contact Data is intended for the sole use of integrating the GAMEVIL LIVE Platform. The data herein is confidential and will never be distributed to the public without notice. Other non-gaming related permissions are required to prevent in game piracy.

NEWS & EVENTS

Website http://www.gamevil.com
Facebook http://facebook.com/gamevil
Twitter http://twitter.com/gamevil
YouTube http://youtube.com/gamevil

Sanuku's comments:

01-09-2013, 05:31 AM
Freemium. Meh.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

01-09-2013, 05:51 AM
Hm... hello paywall, I assume.

A real pity because I absolutely like the character design and the slightly more mature style.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-09-2013 at 06:07 AM.
01-09-2013, 06:33 AM
There's that saying... Even though it's free, I still feel ripped off!

I have lost respect for Gamevil. Why the fluffy bunny can't they just make a game, put a price on it and leave it at that? No iAPs, no freemium. Just let the customer buy that damn thing and enjoy the game without paying these extras!!

Last edited by psj3809; 01-09-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: DONT swear even with asterisks
01-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deixa View Post
There's that saying... Even though it's free, I still feel ripped off!

I have lost respect for Gamevil. Why the fluffy bunny can't they just make a game, put a price on it and leave it at that? No iAPs, no freemium. Just let the customer buy that damn thing and enjoy the game without paying these extras!!

Since KRPGs are still a niche of some sort, a company needs to earn money. The premium Zenonia games didn't brought in that much, I assume, so they switched the business model.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Since KRPGs are still a niche of some sort, a company needs to earn money. The premium Zenonia games didn't brought in that much, I assume, so they switched the business model.
Exactly thats what i think, i'm not a fan of freemium but as you say the premium games probably didnt bring in as much as expected so they made the switch.
01-09-2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Exactly thats what i think, i'm not a fan of freemium but as you say the premium games probably didnt bring in as much as expected so they made the switch.

There are lots of charts on the internet which prove that fremium/paymium spills way more money in Apple's and the devs's pocket than premium games. There are a few exceptions (Doodle Jump, Angry Birds, FIFA soccer), but these are only exceptions.

Well, since I don't know how fair/unfair the IAP model is here, I'll wait with my final opinion until I played the game. Everything else is an assumption and worth nothing, tho I doubt that Gamevil chages the current model they're using. Personally, I'd wish for a model like in Epic Hearts or Crimson Heart.

01-09-2013, 06:53 AM
The sick thing is... im still going to play it til I hit the paywall. Dammit...

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-09-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm just going to wait for Zenonia 7, that's supposed to be the best one, right? Although Zenonia 6 might be the cult favorite.
01-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I'm just going to wait for Zenonia 7, that's supposed to be the best one, right? Although Zenonia 6 might be the cult favorite.

LOL... good one.

Avoid Zenonia 13, btw.