★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for some honesty. Has this game been criminally overlooked?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Looking for some honesty. Has this game been criminally overlooked?

This is the game: Pangolin

Note – I am the developer. This is not in Developer's Discussion because I'd really like the opinion of gamers, not developers.

I think it's a game that deserves attention. It's is a physics-based arcade game that turns the classic platformer on its head. Instead of controlling the character, you control the platforms.

I say it's overlooked because no large site has reviewed us. The game currently has 48 ratings in the App Store. They are all 5 stars. Almost every forum we post in, someone says it deserves more attention. We've gotten 7 smaller sites to review us. Here are snippets from all of them:

"Easily one of the best mobile games of the year." – SHORT AND SWEET REVIEWS
"Quite simply astounding." – ALEX'S IOS REVIEWS
"Sonic the Hedgehog would be jealous... extremely well crafted and addictive." – INDIE LOVE
"Downright beautiful... production values as high as anything else on the App Store." – POCKET TACTICS
"Very different, very entertaining." – JAYISGAMES
"A loveable iOS anti-platformer." – INDEPENDENT GAMING
"Simply beautiful, well polished... keeps you coming back." – THE INDIE DEVELOPER

Are these smaller sites just being nice? If the responses we're nearly as good I wouldn't be posting this. Why hasn't any large site reviewed our game? Should they? What do you think?

PANGOLIN [a curious game of bouncing]

More information here:
http://feedtank.com/pangolin

Last edited by psj3809; 01-09-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Added video