• Publisher: Kumobius
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 30.4 MB
  • Version: 1.4.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Surf for your life across the galaxy! The end of the universe is after you. Your only hope? Cheating death by rewinding time! Get ready for an adrenaline-pumping surf!

4.5/5 - Touch Arcade
4/5 - 148 Apps
4.5/5 - App Smile
4/5 - App Spy
8/10 - PocketGamer
IGN App of the Day

* Previously App Store Editors Choice *

"one of the best endless runner games we've seen in a long time." -- TouchArcade

"Time Surfer is blazing fast." -- Indie Games

"leaving you with a wide, faraway grin on your space battered face." -- PocketGamer

"The Time Surfer soundtrack is more than just a single piece of musicit's a journey." -- Kotaku

"The most promising runner Ive seen in a long while." -- IGN

"From the old school visuals to the thrilling gameplay, you need this title in your life." -- GameTrailers.com

"A great example of how a fun idea can be iterated upon." -- 148 Apps

SIMPLE CONTROLS, NO COMPROMISE

Two touch gameplay keeps everything easy to reach and easy to play. Touch with your right thumb to dive. Touch with your left thumb to rewind time. It couldnt be simpler.

EVERYTHING ENDS, AGAIN AND AGAIN

Dodge spikes, pits and the end of the universe - its a typical, never-ending day in the life of a trans-dimensional cosmic time god! Pick up speed, magnet and time bonuses! Miss one? Rewind and grab it!

RANK UP, PET OUT

Complete missions to unlock new pets and earn Space Cakes to feed them. Little dudes like Axolotl, Squid Scholar or Robo-Duck will join your surf and give you crazy new abilities!

GORGEOUS VISUALS

Transition through beautiful Retina landscapes. Immerse yourself in a starry night as you surf, bounce and fly through various zones with different hazards and scenery!

BACK IN THE GOOD OLD 80S

Psychedelic visuals backed up by numerous references to 80s icons, including a police box, a time-travelling car and the monkey king on a cloud.

UP THE ANTE

Surf through Hell Zone and turn the difficulty up to 11 with a spike-infested gauntlet or try the Kepler Run, a surreal flight through a galaxy swamped with black holes. For those who really love a challenge.

A HAUNTING SOUNDTRACK

A spacey, hand-crafted chip-tune soundtrack from composer Derris-Kharlan. Each track sets the mood and reflects on Time Surfers inevitable doom yet eternal existence. Living forever is both a blessing and a curse.

== Universal and iCloud Support ==

- Full iCloud support - all pets, costumes and purchases sync across your devices!

- Universal App - play on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini!

- Compete with Game Center across four varying game modes: arcade, holiday hills, the kepler run and hell zone!

== About Us ==

We also made Beans Quest! An award-winning platformer for iPhone and iPad. Check it out if you are looking for a classic platformer with elegant controls!

Say hello@kumobius.com wed love to hear from you!

Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/TimeSurferGame

Follow us on Twitter: @kumobius

Gabrien's comments:

01-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Gave it a few more minutes. One thing I definitely dislike is the level design. Sections 3 (1000-1500m) & the monochrome-ish one (2000-2500m). If you're not rollin into those sections, you get bogged down for far too long into a series of jumps where you have to grind the single dip on the platform to make it to the next. It's a trudge (and not a challenge) to get momentum going again.
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turakm View Post
Like the game a lot.

Only problem is the pet system. I want to pick my favorite pet and get to use him every game. You have to use currency every round in order to use your pet.
Maybe an IAP "Perma-pet slot" or "permanently buy pet X"?

Who wouldn't want to bring their pet along for the ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

01-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlo_kovacs View Post
Extremely polished, well made, etc (not to gloss over the positives--it's a very fun game).

However, to me, there's something empty about it. Punch Quest had the same quality; more like a piece of candy than a chocolate bar (which, in this case, is Tiny Wings).

I know it won't be a permanent fixture, but it's a couple hours of a rollickin fun time for a buck.
Quote:
Gave it a few more minutes. One thing I definitely dislike is the level design. Sections 3 (1000-1500m) & the monochrome-ish one (2000-2500m). If you're not rollin into those sections, you get bogged down for far too long into a series of jumps where you have to grind the single dip on the platform to make it to the next. It's a trudge (and not a challenge) to get momentum going again.
Excellent points. I agree.
01-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
+1 !

Game Center: sink_or_swim
01-09-2013, 11:16 AM
As the last few posters have said, there are some spots where it is really tough to ever regain momentum if you lose it.

That being said, this game is tons of fun and definitely worth the $1. I love some of the included costumes (80s future car, Monkey King, Mikey Shorts).

Definitely not a game where IAP is essential, nor will it mess with the leaderboards.
01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Maybe an IAP "Perma-pet slot" or "permanently buy pet X"?

Who wouldn't want to bring their pet along for the ride?
My thoughts exactly. Not sure that should be an IAP though..

I feel like that's something that SHOULD be there from the get go.
Coin doublers work for IAP

maybe a permanent : adopt your pet feature.
- use it every round
- give your pet a name (I want this so bad hah)
01-09-2013, 11:47 AM
It sure has its share of flaws, but im having a blast playing this. Looking to be GotW for me. We'll see after i play other pickups today.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-09-2013, 11:55 AM
A game with flaws!
I'll buy that!
01-09-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm loving this game as well (currently on 9th place on All Time boards! yaaay) but I agree: there's definitely something wrong with that black 'n white section design.
01-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloko View Post
I'm loving this game as well (currently on 9th place on All Time boards! yaaay) but I agree: there's definitely something wrong with that black 'n white section design.
I beta-tested this game as well (I'm friends with the devoplers, btw!) and I always had trouble with the black and white section. I gave this feedback to them, but I since I'm not a real gamer, I thought I just wasn't skilled enough. If I don't "magically" float through the section (i.e. surf a planet, jump on an enemy prior, etc), I will usually die in this area, with no recourse to come back - without the aid of a pet, of course.

That said, it's another really bright and colourful release from Kumobius with very catchy music. I find myself randomly humming the main melody at times.

Last edited by tanoshiiki; 01-09-2013 at 11:49 PM.