01-09-2013, 10:49 AM
#11
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
I really like it but the fact that you have a timer each time you craft something is... Ugh! It's not that big of a deal but just the fact that it's there and that I could have payed a premium price to have the game without them is frustrating.
Yep same here its not a huge problem but it doesn't even seem like a freemium game where you can start an action , shut the game and come back later I tried and it looks like you have to have the game open
I'd much rather have paid for it and had normal speed things like minecraft style speed.

The game itself is cool though. Haven't had time to play to much of it but I'm not sure how long it will last having to watch him dig for so long it might pick up after you unlock more than one character as then you can have people doing different tasks. ? Ill stick with it anyway and see.
01-09-2013, 10:53 AM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Yep same here its not a huge problem but it doesn't even seem like a freemium game where you can start an action , shut the game and come back later I tried and it looks like you have to have the game open
I'd much rather have paid for it and had normal speed things like minecraft style speed.

The game itself is cool though. Haven't had time to play to much of it but I'm not sure how long it will last having to watch him dig for so long it might pick up after you unlock more than one character as then you can have people doing different tasks. ? Ill stick with it anyway and see.
Yeah I tried that too But I feel like this is a game made to be played with a friend. You can then plan those actions together, waste less time and enjoy the game more!

I could be wrong but I don't think you can have multiple characters in one world without multiplayer.

Last edited by killercow; 01-09-2013 at 10:56 AM.

01-09-2013, 11:46 AM
#13
Can't wait! Really looking forward to this.
01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
#14
Yea it's good, minecraft in two dimensions, but it keeps crashing on my iPad 1
01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
#15
Game Impressions

Played it since a week and its very addictive! It feels way better on touchscreen than minecraft and it has more features than the pocket version ever had. Download!
01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
#16
Very addictive and amazing game. Any future feature plans? Any plans for Android support because of the multiplayer (playing with friends who have android phones)?
01-09-2013, 07:42 PM
#17
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: From Wales. Currently living in Canada
Posts: 1,013
After having played for a while I think it's a fun game and certainly has a lot going for it, however the whole waiting mechanic really ruins the experience for me.
I understand why it's implemented.. it's there to get you to use real money to buy gems so you can speed things up, and yes I know that it's not necessary to purchase any of the IAP's at all, but without doing so you'll be doing a lot of waiting.

This wouldn't be all that bad if you could just queue up some things to craft and then exit out the game to return later when everything's done, but you can't. You have to have the game open and running in order for anything to complete

I much would have preferred paying a premium price for this one as it feels like the game would have suited that model much more.

Member of the Beta Tester Alliance
Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Nicodemus82
01-09-2013, 07:44 PM
#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
I really like it but the fact that you have a timer each time you craft something is... Ugh! It's not that big of a deal but just the fact that it's there and that I could have payed a premium price to have the game without them is frustrating.
There are in-app purchases to remove or shorten time delays.
01-09-2013, 07:48 PM
#19
"This might almost be a better Minecraft than the actual real Minecraft"

How DARE you. How can you even compare some stupid 2.5D game to Minecraft? This is unacceptable.
01-09-2013, 07:50 PM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Asa View Post
"This might almost be a better Minecraft than the actual real Minecraft"

How DARE you. How can you even compare some stupid 2.5D game to Minecraft? This is unacceptable.
Someone is furious that they compared 2 games together. Cute.