★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Like the game a lot.

Only problem is the pet system. I want to pick my favorite pet and get to use him every game. You have to use currency every round in order to use your pet.
01-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Extremely polished, well made, etc (not to gloss over the positives--it's a very fun game).

However, to me, there's something empty about it. Punch Quest had the same quality; more like a piece of candy than a chocolate bar (which, in this case, is Tiny Wings).

I know it won't be a permanent fixture, but it's a couple hours of a rollickin fun time for a buck.

01-09-2013, 09:46 AM
I was lucky enough to get into the beta, and played for hours.
01-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Gave it a few more minutes. One thing I definitely dislike is the level design. Sections 3 (1000-1500m) & the monochrome-ish one (2000-2500m). If you're not rollin into those sections, you get bogged down for far too long into a series of jumps where you have to grind the single dip on the platform to make it to the next. It's a trudge (and not a challenge) to get momentum going again.
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turakm View Post
Like the game a lot.

Only problem is the pet system. I want to pick my favorite pet and get to use him every game. You have to use currency every round in order to use your pet.
Maybe an IAP "Perma-pet slot" or "permanently buy pet X"?

Who wouldn't want to bring their pet along for the ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlo_kovacs View Post
Extremely polished, well made, etc (not to gloss over the positives--it's a very fun game).

However, to me, there's something empty about it. Punch Quest had the same quality; more like a piece of candy than a chocolate bar (which, in this case, is Tiny Wings).

I know it won't be a permanent fixture, but it's a couple hours of a rollickin fun time for a buck.
Quote:
Gave it a few more minutes. One thing I definitely dislike is the level design. Sections 3 (1000-1500m) & the monochrome-ish one (2000-2500m). If you're not rollin into those sections, you get bogged down for far too long into a series of jumps where you have to grind the single dip on the platform to make it to the next. It's a trudge (and not a challenge) to get momentum going again.
Excellent points. I agree.
01-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
+1 !

Game Center: sink_or_swim
01-09-2013, 11:16 AM
As the last few posters have said, there are some spots where it is really tough to ever regain momentum if you lose it.

That being said, this game is tons of fun and definitely worth the $1. I love some of the included costumes (80s future car, Monkey King, Mikey Shorts).

Definitely not a game where IAP is essential, nor will it mess with the leaderboards.
01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Maybe an IAP "Perma-pet slot" or "permanently buy pet X"?

Who wouldn't want to bring their pet along for the ride?
My thoughts exactly. Not sure that should be an IAP though..

I feel like that's something that SHOULD be there from the get go.
Coin doublers work for IAP

maybe a permanent : adopt your pet feature.
- use it every round
- give your pet a name (I want this so bad hah)
01-09-2013, 11:47 AM
It sure has its share of flaws, but im having a blast playing this. Looking to be GotW for me. We'll see after i play other pickups today.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword