Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Default March on Oz Price Drop $3.99 -> $0.99

Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well, I had some users here on TA pm me recommending this game, and now that it's on sale, I might as well give it a whirl. Kinda read a lot of things with issues for the new ipad (3), so curious to see how it works on my new ipad, but updates have probably solved the issues. Anyway, let you all know. Hope I can play this on my tv though, or it'll probably get thrown into save for later pile cause of so many xmas games I got.

Downloading...
Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

iPad only, eh?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
iPad only, eh?
Yeah, I was disappointed this was iPad only after the big TA Podcast Bonus episode where they interviewed the dev. The dev seems pretty good given a long history in the gaming industry and the next title they are doing is supposed to support iPhone.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
iPad only, eh?
Nanny nanny booboo, you guys can't play it! Haha j/k
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Nanny nanny booboo, you guys can't play it! Haha j/k
well I still have my $1 for another app. So... there!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
iPad only, eh?
They said they would bring this game to iPhone soon, maybe a few months. Most likely a new version though.

Last edited by CygnetSeven; 01-09-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
well I still have my $1 for another app. So... there!
Hehe... Got some really bad news for you!

Wowzers! I am shocked! This game has some of the best graphics I have ever seen on my new ipad. Totally awesome ipad retina. Absolutely no framerate problems. Such awesome 3d, and a great Wizard of Oz theme. Wowzers!

This game plays like Plants vs Zombies, but with a kind of rpg theme and character development. The characters are kind of very abstract and kind of humourous. The action is much more furious than PvZ, kind of a mix of a wargame and a tower defense. Kind has some of those traits, but much more frantic, kind of like in Sentinel 3 for example.

A couple of people mentioned this to me in the past, but reading some ipad 3 users disgruntled about some issues kind of kept me away for the inevitable sale, cause if you are going to alienate ipad 3 owners, then you have a very small market.

But wow, framerates, graphics, 3d effects, are soooo wonderful, one of the top on my retina ipad for sure. So no problems for ipad 3. Guess the contraversy was over antialiasing, ipad 2, mini and ipad 4 have anti aliasing. But heck, you don't even notice anti aliasing in this game cause the ipad retina is so gorgeous. Really don't notice the jaggies whatsover. In fact, if no one had ever made such an issue on this, I would have never noticed. I think the developer made a mistake on threads here stating that the ipad 3 would not have anti aliasing, I really think that was a huge mistake. Why alienate a huge portion of the market, he should have just said nothing about this, NO one would have noticed, cause I don't unless I use a microscope.

Anyway, glad it finally went on sale, and yeah, it is awesome. Didn't think I could play it on tv that well cause tower defense games you kind of have go look at the ipad where you tap, but this game is more about placements, so it should actually look well on my tv, cause the graphics are some of the best ipad retina and 3d graphics that I have seen. 3d games look so wonderful on the tv. So looking forward to playing it somemore on my tv tonight.

Well, underestimated the game, guess that's why a couple people mentioned to me in the past. Wow, truely wonderful graphics, 3d, gameplay, and action. If you like a more beefied up Plants vs Zombies merged with a tower defense rpg themed game, you will love this game. My only worry would be it gets a little repetitive after awhile, but that's hard for me to say since I've only played for 10 minutes, gonna wait for the rest to play on my tv, cause the 3d graphics and music are that great.

Gonna upgrade my rating a bit on this game to highly, highly recommended!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

HAH... I remember that the creator mentiod, that it's not going to be on sale for a long time... and look here.... Glad I waited 2 months... lol
Old 01-09-2013, 04:35 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I live in Oz (haw haw :P) -- and the price hasn't been updated yet, for some reason?