Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Thanks Emos, just hit the buy button after your comment made me watch all the videos. So much dedication to detail has to be rewarded, so I won't complain about the price...

Just hope that it is not too difficult to turn me off. Time will tell.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpentine Cat View Post
Thanks Emos, just hit the buy button after your comment made me watch all the videos. So much dedication to detail has to be rewarded, so I won't complain about the price...

Just hope that it is not too difficult to turn me off. Time will tell.
You are in for a threat.
While it's a very deep game (MUCH MUCH more than it seems at first glance) it's imho the PERFECT game to start wargaming.
It's fast, you can check everything with one look, and it's very very easy to get into.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
are there any plans to expand on the content of this particular game?
We are still discussing our overall plans for this and other games. We also prefer not to promise anything until we know when we can deliver it.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Yes Pitta, I just realized that. I already finished the tutorials and just now, my first Meuse Campaign as Axis. Although I lost, it was a lot of fun.

I just love the amount of detail and historical research that is present in this game. Congrats to the developers. Left you guys a favourable review on the austrian app store.

Off to hone my skills some more... :-)
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 PM

Anyone wants a game? My GCID is griffin611
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunham View Post
We are still discussing our overall plans for this and other games. We also prefer not to promise anything until we know when we can deliver it.
Thanks and I understand, knowing you're discussing things is positive in itself.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for the game Emos, it was absolutely EPIC, really enjoyed it.
This game is soooooo tense...it is now my top mp game, hands down.

BTW the update patched every (minor) quirks about the game I had (especially the sound bug).
I have now just two minor requests for future updates:

1) Tapping on the score should show the VP thresholds for the current day, instead of time of the day (which can remain if you tap on the day).
2) I would love some sort of async chat in the form of a telegram.

Besides that, game is perfect for me.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Thanks for the game Emos, it was absolutely EPIC, really enjoyed it.
This game is soooooo tense...it is now my top mp game, hands down.

BTW the update patched every (minor) quirks about the game I had (especially the sound bug).
I have now just two minor requests for future updates:

1) Tapping on the score should show the VP thresholds for the current day, instead of time of the day (which can remain if you tap on the day).
2) I would love some sort of async chat in the form of a telegram.

Besides that, game is perfect for me.
Yes excellent playing Pitta...the moment you crossed your panzers off screen I knew it was a lost cause for the Allies and I was tempted to resign, but I still played it to the end!
Yes the improvements you suggested would jist be icing on the cake, I wouldn't be surprised if in game chat via telegram would make it into a future update.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Gregorit tip #5: The Mistakes I Make

I don't mind making mistakes. ONCE. Unfortunately, in the heat of battle tapping, I sometimes forget what I learned. I'm going to write them down, as much for me as for everyone else, in the hope that 'transcribing my mistakes' moves the lessons in to my long-term memory.

1) I spot a great move and move a unit from a stacked area and then launch my devastating counter-attack. In my haste, I neglected to move the other units in the source area and basically wasted their turn.

2) I spot the flaw in my move but find my finger on the "commit" button. Argh!!! I have since learned NOT to lift my finger from the button but, instead, slide it off of the iPad sensing surface to the nearest edge.

3) I build a MASSIVE tank stack and throw it into heavy woods against an Allied Armor unit. The combination of terrain, my losses, his replacements, and mediocre luck often means I'll be locked in combat for NUMEROUS days. I should have tried to flank the unit or gone for weaker units in less defensible terrain.

4) In the Race for Arlon, I sometimes forget to garrison the space. Just when I think I've 'won' the race, my German opponent double moves 12/20-12/21 into the space or even launches an attack to get a breakthrough and I'm staring at Patton being delayed. Garrison the space!

5) And, most importantly, when I have a great move to make, NOW is not always the time to make it, particularly if it's not near the end of the day! This game is all about prioritization but one need only 'rush' those great moves if they are otherwise blockable.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emos View Post
Yes excellent playing Pitta...the moment you crossed your panzers off screen I knew it was a lost cause for the Allies and I was tempted to resign, but I still played it to the end!
Yes the improvements you suggested would jist be icing on the cake, I wouldn't be surprised if in game chat via telegram would make it into a future update.
I'm honest...I thought my game was desperate till I opened Wanze and manage to amass high pips divisions in it.
TBH I feared till last 'pass' you could destroy some high pips division of mine and kick me back below threshold....when I would have had really HARD TIME to survive another day, especially after Montgomery arrived.

Anyway, the game is awesome.