★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the info Glenn. I hope everything's fine with your father. Family first! Good luck
01-11-2013, 06:16 AM
Joined: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Thanks for the info Glenn. I hope everything's fine with your father. Family first! Good luck
Thanks but I shouldn't be using visiting him as an excuse. I'm still working from a spare desk in 22Cans office which is coincidentally only about 2 minutes walk from the hospital!

On the subject of working here. I managed to sneak footage of Topia into this: 22Cans Live Kickstarter thing for Godus.

Serves them right for setting the camera up right next to my desk

-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-

02-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Joined: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 734
Yeah I know, this update is insanely late. Things are moving on though. It's been a little hard to concentrate recently but I have added a bunch of silly features to the level editing. Here of are a few screen grabs of the results of the image importing and ridiculous warping tool. I'll upload a video soon that shows some of the more dynamic tools and the new animating water. Update is pretty close to finished now but I have to complete a very long list of smallish tasks before I can submit. Half of the work left is creating new tutorial and demo levels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1971.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	53609   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	53610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0171.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	53611  


-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-
02-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Sweet can't wait
04-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,594
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
1.2 was submitted - finally!

Whats new:

Brand new terrain editing tools!
Import your own heightmaps from iTunes using .tga files (red channel is height, blue channel is grass)
Completely revamped file save system
Tree planting
Menu simplification and updates
Various small bug fixes

Last edited by JoshCM; 04-18-2013 at 02:47 PM.
04-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: OC, MD
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
1.2 was submitted - finally!

Whats new:

Brand new terrain editing tools!
Import your own heightmaps from iTunes using .tga files (red channel is height, blue channel is grass)
Completely revamped file save system
Tree planting
Menu simplification and updates
Various small bug fixes
So not saying the update doesn't sound great, but any chance of some actual content? This game has a ton of potential. Maybe some missions like that one game "From Dust". Or maybe even just people who build villages and city's and hunt and gather like ancient tribes.
04-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,594
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikilix View Post
So not saying the update doesn't sound great, but any chance of some actual content? This game has a ton of potential. Maybe some missions like that one game "From Dust". Or maybe even just people who build villages and city's and hunt and gather like ancient tribes.
Those are cool ideas - we've considered many things to do in the game but never been able to decide what 'proper gameplay' would be like. Hence we've just been adding more tools to make the world more interesting looking, for now.
04-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,594
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
update should be available now! We'll be holding a contest so you can make some really cool stuff with the new tools. (and this time to be actually able to save your creation in a proper way)
04-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
update should be available now! We'll be holding a contest so you can make some really cool stuff with the new tools. (and this time to be actually able to save your creation in a proper way)
Thank you for the much needed update Josh!

.
04-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 98
Excited about the update. Worth noting though that it seems all previous creations are deleted? Bummer. Understandable given the revamped save system, but its easy to get attached to the world you create.